DJ short old world genetics blueberry

I have a fist full of DJ’s blueberry beans and 13 smokes it right about dialy I believe.

10 Likes

It’s hard to unravel the differences in some of his varieties from the descriptions alone.

They have also suddenly been dropping a ton of breeding stock and parent varieties, as well as “Flo F5” and things that are even leaving me, someone who has followed him a long time, a bit lost.

Here are some Breeders Choice Mix 1 pics.

34 Likes

So if I’m reading this correctly sagarmatha and dutch Passion have DJ blueberry did any raids happen after this?

4 Likes

This looks very much like a few of the plants I had

2 Likes

@anon4675195, your pics are very nice. That is a very OPT looking girl. Guard it with your life,lol.
It is a tough grow but well worth it in the end.

3 Likes

Funny how this thread just came back to life…didnt even know it was here. I just approached a fellow member and asked if he wanted to throw down on some djshort blueberry f5 or something from second generation genetics crossed with djshorts blueberry.

6 Likes

I wonder how many acid trips you have to go through to get a nice one.

5 Likes

There’s a sealed pack of dj short blueberry on strainly for 125 if anyone is interested

3 Likes

appears to be fifth generation.

8 Likes

How is this possible f5?, I got my DJ BB twenty years ago and it was f6

7 Likes

I’ll dig up some more goodies and give a better rundown of what I’ve pieced together over the years in another post, but this will suffice for now. Need to twist one and dig deep to find some of my older notes and screenshots.

His main releases (Flo, Blueberry, F13, Vanilluna, Cocoa Kush, Grape Krush, etc.) have been the F5 generation. His new Throwbacks (Grape Krush TB, F13 TB…) have been an ‘F6’ or an ‘F5bx1’ depending on how you prefer your nomenclature. His son, JD, selected an F5 mother from old retail seed stock and back crossed to their F4 blueberry boy for the “Throwback” releases.

More to come soon… DJ is the fucking man, though.

15 Likes

Few more. You guys should check out his Pot Cast episode, too. 3+ hours of DJ waxing philosophical about all things Blue.

!

12 Likes

Btw the f6 was so scatterbred there was only two plants that looked the same but were not BB in look or taste, I had one BB leaner very nice but it was a pain in the ass, amazing how people have created such wonderful crosses with such an unstable plant

6 Likes

I would say that you likely got it downstream from DJ through the hands of an intermediate breeding attempt. DJ has never released F6 of anything to my knowledge, unless you count the few “Throwback” releases as “F6”—they use an F5 selected mother back crossed to the F4 Blueberry male. Could also be considered an F5bx1, and probably a few others labels as well, depending on preferred nomenclature.

If you got it directly from DJ himself, it wasn’t an F6. Hope that helps.

EDIT: It’s, of course, always possible he let things slip out, but his retail mainstream work have been F5 releases since 1998 when he selected the BB boy.

5 Likes

Bought from DJ Short seeds at Marc emery and I wish I had the add still but regardless at an f5 it was unstable as fuk with the mutated plants, variegation, whorled phyllotaxy and no mold resistance , no reason to lie as I don’t like or hate the guy , I just wont give him any more of my money is all :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Didn’t mean for you to interpret my response as an accusation of dishonesty. It wasn’t intended to come off that way.

Mark definitely put out an inferior product compared to the breeders he inbred and released the work of. DJ’s wasn’t the only reputation to suffer at the hands of the Great White North. Makes sense you would get an F6 from him.

5 Likes

Just going by DJ’s advert , not Marks

4 Likes

No matter
I imagine you grow a lot of his stuff and know the products better than I as i haven’t paid much attention to his stuff for ages.

5 Likes

Yup. F5 I’m a doofus
Let me go back to read email before I click reply this time…
Those F4 male pics are stunning

5 Likes

ECSD / Dj Shorts stretch Indica male offspring… beans coming soon …

44 Likes