Do some of you get "Paranoid?" .. Or is it just me?

Yes indeed, That Cindy is some strong ass shit!.. Your reply is all so true. Thanks so much for the words my friend. Have a great day! :relaxed::+1:

2 Likes

Some alcohol works for me as a kind of reset. But it took long to figure out what works and what not. I used to drink a lot and feel shit all the time. It was just normal when I was young. That sounds bad in hindsight.

Now I drink occasionally and the right things. Sometimes it just has to be loud music (concert, festival) and 1/2 to 1 bottle of good tequila to reboot. Would not work with a microdose. :wink:

4 Likes

Well, I am lucky because I suffer only minimal paranoia, in my case it is really only a slightly elevated sense of apprehension. For example, once I fog up, and the phone rings…I usually do not want to answer it.
Now, one of my brothers becomes so frenzied with paralyzing paranoia, that he will want to hide under a table. Needles to say, he hardly ever partakes of pot. He has been like this for 45 years or so, I always figured that he might outgrow it.
Probably not.

6 Likes

Offer him a toke 1/10th or 1/20th of what works for you. You all may be surprised.

3 Likes

For me ive noticed if im tired and smoke that usually will elevate my anxiety levels. Its like my brain also gets more tired and lazy leading to negative thought loops

3 Likes

@Calyxander Hmm… Thats pretty bad… Why smoke it if it makes you wanna hide under tables? I remember a while back I had some valium, and it made all my anxieties disappear, no matter what I smoked. But, I didnt wanna become a zombie with drool running down my chin… Ya, the mind is really something. And the weird part is that we only use something like 10% of our brain cells at any given time. The power of drugs, and the way we think. Its so damn interesting. If we could lose all our fears, and forget about what people think about us, and live in a more positive state of mind… We could probably conquer anything. Think about it… uh-huh…

3 Likes

Ya I had a time for a while there when I would only smoke after having a couple drinks in me (which was pretty much every day at the time). I mean it works, but its a really garbage habit to get into and sucks alot of the fun/purpose out of smoking weed in the first place.

That said the booze weed combo is really fun and can be really psychedelic at times too.

4 Likes

The only exception for me is if im wasted without smoking anything then decide to after ive been drinking.

3 Likes

Yeah with having alcohol before, I don’t think I get paranoid from smoking ever. But the combination usually makes me tired. Smoking a bit after returning from a drinking session helps me sleep and feeling better next day.

An enjoyable (and not going-to-bed) effect from weed I rather get without alcohol, but only small doses of weed at a time. Which feels just normal now that I have more than I need all the time and I can have more as long as I want. :smiley:

2 Likes

Ya, good point beacher. Whenever the boys and I go out for a night on the town and ive had a few white russians, Im totally fine no matter what Ive smoked. But, Iam a bodybuilder, and into total health. Ive seen too many of my good friends bite the dust with that every day consumption of alcohol. Sometimes I observe them, and get kinda worried about my own life. They give me a reality check. I dont wanna go down the"alcoholic" avenue. Been there, done that. Today, I have way too many responsibilities, and I just wanna do right. When I was slinging them packets, I drank constantly just so I could deal with everyone, and lose that paranoia of doing a major felony… It was a losing battle, and the long arm of the law finally caught up to me. I lost, but today Iam a much better person with a conscious, and a new life. Like I mentioned earlier, anything is possible only if you put your mind to it.

3 Likes

Ya I totally agree. Booze is fun, but for some people (like me lol) it’s just an easy cop out. And it absolutely destroys your physical and mental health over time until it becomes a ‘need’ not a ‘want’, thats when the fun goes away and things get dangerous.

4 Likes

People dont realize that traumatic births can leave a person with PTSD for the rest of their life, their fight or flight adrenaline system, is running higher than it should. This creates a lot of adrenaline and cortisone being released as well causing depression, weight problems, poor sleep and fatigue.

Later on in life this can turn into thyroid problems because that organ is working overtime constantly to balance its system. A good supply of iodine can help with this.

Compulsive obsessive, and phobic disorders, are a way your mind copes with the anxiety, by projecting the cause of the anxiety onto something externally so we can try and understand where its coming from, but is not the cause of the real anxiety, but can be controlled to some extent. So by avoiding or correcting things, you associate with your anxiety, you believe you will control it.

Then you have people with empathic abilities, that pick up other peoples emotional states, without realizing it, and believe its their own anxiety and feelings that they are experiencing.

I believe a lot of these things are what is being experienced, and talked about here.

7 Likes

Yay, my team. sigh

4 Likes

Look at it this way Beacher,… How many alcoholics really make it in life?? Not many. I have witnessed many of my friends and acquaintances lose EVERYTHING they worked so hard for. Beautiful Women, exotic cars etc etc… Im one of the statistics. I know this one guy, and he drinks and gambles everyday, and he’s in his early 60’s, and he doesnt have a pot to piss in. He’s a super cool dude to hang out with, and makes me laugh. But, he resides in a Hyundai, and always borrowing money. Its terribly sad, and I know he’s embarassed. Ya, living life with a puff here and there, and being somewhat health consciencious(sp?) will take you much further in life than a spotty liver, and owing everybody money. No Thanks. Im not saying im completely alcohol free, but I know whats right, and whats wrong, and I know when to stop. Its called “experience”… Just like growing our favorite plant. We learn from our mistakes, and the rewards of our “maturity” surpasses our expectations when ya live right. Like i mentioned earlier> “Moderation is the key” … :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah me too, it helped when I was a psychoanalyst, I could feel my clients emotional states changing as we got closer to the nitty gritty stuff, that was causing the real problems. I would know they would be bursting into tears, and releasing a lot of emotion before they did lol.

4 Likes

AWESOME REPLY SHADEY!! Thank you Sir. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was considering that direction at some point. But thb I like working with insensitive data. There is enough use for hyper empathy in my private life. lol

I lasted 11 years before it became too much for me, after my daughter was born it seemed to affect me more. I mostly dealt with child abuse victims.

3 Likes

A friend does that. I don’t think I could deal with it.
It is part of what I deal with in my private life though (friends, not happened to myself) and it’s more then enough for me. It’s just so unbearable.

I salute you for helping for as long as you could.

2 Likes

I feel I may be empathic and I also had a traumatic childhood. 2/2! Hehe lived with it for so long it’s become my normal sadly. long term depression, anxiety, and general unease but I think I come off as a pretty chill person on the outside maybe because of how I like observing things. I feed off of other people’s emotions and mind states and it can fuck me up for sure sometimes without me even noticing what’s happening. I’ve only recently started to understand this since I’ve never heard the term empathic or read into it. I’ve also been stared down by an empath this past year when I first met them and I did not understand why. They explained they were empaths and I was like, ‘whats that?’ little did I know. I still wonder why they were looking my way, maybe they sensed something? Haha I should have asked more questions.

But moderation for sure with everything. Habits can become who you are if you let it, and if those habits become bad or to the point of addiction, ive noticed it can be hard for people to come to the realization of what’s happening and why.

2 Likes