Do we have a list of pot-smoking hacks here?

Here’s my contribution:

Old contact lens containers can be used to store seeds, also soak your glass pipe cleaners in rubbing alcohol to soften the pipe gunk on them.

The more you know! :smile:

20 Likes

Whenever using a small water bong, I put a small cup shaped filter in the bowl. After smoking, I just pull the filter out and toss the ashes. Keeps the insides of the pipe much cleaner.
Next…

7 Likes

Always used 35 mm film canisters for weed specially if you had a camera bag they were like camouflaged

Peace and stay safe

13 Likes

Freshman year of college we made “weed-odor-izers”. Stuff a bunch of dryer sheets into a papertowel tube. Cover one end with another dryer sheet and hold it on with rubber band. Your room would be cloudy and reek of… laundry?

A buddy from Indonesia called it “pengharum ganja”, and it became the call when we were about to have a session! You’d just hear someone yell “pengharum” and you knew where to wander to lol

21 Likes

Yep. Toilet paper rolls and dryer sheets

10 Likes

Yeah. 35mm film canisters were the most useful plastic trash ever made. I used to shoot a lot of slide film back in the 80s-90s, so I always had loads of them. Used to store everything in them.

11 Likes

I miss the days of film. I have a ton of those cannisters, but you don’t see em anywhere anymore.

7 Likes

I don’t wear dentures but I use efferdent.
Put a tablet in plastic bong or any glass device.
Soak with water for about 30 minutes.
Rinse out and enjoy. Works like a champ.

20 Likes

Just read the post before I was about to clean the chonga so thought I’d take a couple of pics… if your buying bong and pipe cleaning products no need this method is tried and tested for the past 25+ years. Rice and rubbing alcohol is all you need to transform a piece from tasting like dogs ass in to a sparkling new vessel :star2:

25 Likes

I use the plunger from a syringe to tamp bowls down. (Am diabetic)

8 Likes

Sorry forgot more details, pour boiling water in the chamber to soak for 5 min then empty and add a cup of rice and some alcohol then shake like a mad man/women…

6 Likes

As a recovering heart patient, CO (carbon monoxide) in pot smoke is a major concern of mine.
Among other bad things CO does, CO gloms onto the hemoglobin in your blood with an attraction 200X greater than O2.
The redblood cell that gets it hardens and flowing through your arteries damages them.
Your body sends cholesterol to repair the damage.
Rinse, repeat, heart attack, or at least arteriosclerosis.

Though I dose 90% of the time with edibles, some days a bong hit or 6 works wonders.

Now I have no proof of this but the idea is to put maybe 10 - 50% of food grade hydrogen peroxide(3%) into the bong water as a CO trap.
The extra atom of O2 should grab the CO right outta the smoke.
I buy 35% food grade and cut it with an 11 to 1 distilled water to 35% H2O2. With the result of 3% H2O2.
Then I add that to 50 - 90% regular tap water for the bong’s res.
Full strength (35%) will kill all the cells it touches on your skin, mouth, throat or lungs :boom: so be sure to cut it down to 3%.

Just to be sure, if you have heart disease you’d be crazy to try this and that’s not a challenge.

6 Likes

when i smoked Bong back then i used to put a tiny drop of oil into the water, made cleaning way more easy.

1 Like

I always use isopropyl and salt for my glass.

13 Likes

Coarse salt and alcohol works wonders too!

6 Likes

If you’re about to gag and cough your fuckin head off, stick your tummy out…it pulls your diaphragm down and stops most chokes!

16 Likes

Ya’ll beat me to it!

3 Likes

Also standing up to rip a bong increases your lung’s surface area and gives you more pulling power, bent in half leaning over a coffee table is no bueno :call_me_hand:t4:

11 Likes

Better for operatic exhales too :blush:

2 Likes

Demonstrated by me at the roughly 3:03 mark. At 3:45 is the wrong way lol. I have that big ZOB in a box still

God we smoked so much blue dream that day

14 Likes