Do we need non-cannabis categories in 2020?

My opinion is that the politics can get the flick and the shark tank can be used to air grievances and have debates about site use and canna stuff but not for personal attacks and name calling, racism, biggotry etc. etc.

13 Likes

If someone wants to get offended by another members views then either joust with each other and take it as fun banter between members that at least share the same passion for Cannabis.
OR
Just don’t mind each other and possibly miss out on whatever friendship you may have down the line do to squabbling over some one who won’t even really matter in about 1 to 4 years down the road.

2 Likes

If people don’t want to see things they don’t like, nothing makes them browse the unmoderated section.

But they wade in, post some shit, get offended, and complain.

IDK, I can think you’re a fool for what you say in the unmoderated section and still appreciate your garden thread. The two aren’t related.

9 Likes

I came here to help people grow cannabis and to learn new ideas from others. For me, it’s all about the plants… probably my favorite subject to discuss with anyone, anywhere at any time!

Personally, as soon as I found out where the Mute button was, I haven’t seen any more of those threads! It’s way more peaceful around here now!

15 Likes

I’ve been goofing off on here all day and after smoking a fat doobie, I’ve noticed that people tend to get passionate about lots of other things around here too. ie. organic vs. synthetic, Dry trim vs. Wet trim etc… etc… Just realized that people get fired up over everything they love. No difference between the political thread and the rest of the site. The people are the same. :slight_smile: I vote we let it be, cuz 'Merica! :laughing:

10 Likes

:thought_balloon: I suggest/propose putting this to an anonymous Poll in the ‘Private Lounge’

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

I think segregating the politics into a Las vegas style shark Tank, what happens there stays there, would be fine. more user friendly muting and blocking features would be a plus. We all love cannabis, but especially these days, politics around cannabis is very pertinent, to all of our existence here. It would be nice that peeps enjoy their differences, and be able to come to a mutual understanding, but thats what leaders do. I like hanging here and some of the best comedy comes from the tank. OG to me is a place where we can speak freely on illegal (among other) subject matter, and I believe this site offers a somewhat secure venue to do that. FB and other social sites use the new snowflake truth serum method: if you say something true and negative about a sponsor (gov’t account etc.) the whole network then demands whO the fuck you an your friends are, before they will answer ANYTHING. The rest of the web is acting like butthurt teenagers (How dare you ask me that???) instead of rooting out the real shit. Please don’t eliminate these categories, just ban the shit out of bad users if it spills over to anywhere else. Sorry I find users who call out breeders for their veg cabinet ‘hermi’s’ in Indoor growing category, far more annoying than Trump supporters in the Shark tank. But hey everyone has their own thing, just put a lock on the door of the tank, and make sure the door is always closed when we enter or exit.

5 Likes

I try to treat OG like a bar. No religion or politics, and if shits going down, take it outside (shark tank). I personally feel that the shark tank should stay. I get a nice chuckle out of it occasionally, but more importantly it gives people a place to vent to and about other members. Sometimes it results in a reasonable outcome, even if the majority of it is fluff n bullshit. With either result it keeps it out of the main areas and gives moderators another option to try and allow people to work it out without people just jumping ship. I do feel there should be limits to personal attacks, but most of the attacks on there are really just people fucking around. I dont feel that the political area needs to be there. If you want to talk politics with people, start a group PM, or take it to another forum. I dont care who you voted for, who you want in the primary, how left or right you are or anything like that. My political views are my own. You wont convince me otherwise, and I wont convince you. I stay clear of that area for that reason.

10 Likes

Keep everything and if people dont like the topic they dont click the post. It’s pretty easy and forums suck when they censor what people can and cant talk about this isn’t china

5 Likes

Sure has drawn this moth in a time or two lol

2 Likes

Like a sport stadium flood light :joy: . Actually Stiggy asked me to comment, I didn’t even know the the wu flu thread was happening or the Trump one lol.

4 Likes

Yep That Guy Stiggy ain’t right in the head
Stay away from him. LOL

9 Likes

You CAN’T close the shark tank, what would Toasty do? Lol

4 Likes

Had those muted for quite a while myself. :wink:

:evergreen_tree:

Just change the name and insert ‘vegetable gardening’. Call it politics and veg gardening!
It will go something like this:
“I started cucumbers last week and am wondering how much to water them? And Trump is awesome!”
Following reply: “ you inbred racist butt munch!! Go easy on the watering, and make some pickles😃”

9 Likes

I like the wuflu thread very fun

4 Likes

I enjoy the plant threads more than anything else, it’s MY thing, to each their own… right?!.

Instead of becoming the “thought police” with censorship of opinions in certain threads, leave them be and let them have their debates/arguments in those threads.

The rest can either use the “mute” option or opt out of threads that may upset them. Easy as pie!

8 Likes

I only come here for cannabis related stuff. It’s easy to see how things like politics can spill over to other topics especially when people start categorizing people. I want no part of that BS or those that engage in it.

10 Likes

Ive heard it argued that these subcategories are a way for members to “blow off steam”. The theory being that this will keep that same “steam” out of the main forum.

I dont see it working that way. In reality I think all it does is give some members a free pass to hurt others. It gives the trolls free reign to practice their nastiness and build up their egos. All this does is make them even stronger.

The only way to handle trolls is to stop feeding them and/or boot them from the site.

You cannot argue with a troll and win. You cannot be nice to a troll and have them suddenly start being nice. You cannot educate a troll or reason with a troll, or show them the error of their ways.

All they want it to argue back and make you angry. Thats all. That is their food. If you dont feed them, they will go away. If you feed them, they stay and get bigger. Dont feed the trolls.

The trolls on this site LOVE the shark tank and smokers lounge. It gives them a free place to hurt others on this site. Good people go there, get angry, and go away angry. No steam gets blown off.

I vote we kill both forum sub headings.

Members who act up can be warned. The vast majority are good people who, even if they screw up once in a while, are good people and will self moderate. The ones who cant or wont can be banned. End of story.

If you feel you need to blow off some steam, go out in the garage and bash up your ex-wifes car with a bat, or just yell at a tree or what ever gets you calmed down.

Dont kick the dog or yell at your kids or bring that “stuff” here.

No one needs that sort of “stuff”. Especially in these times we are living in now.

10 Likes

That’s hilarious coming from someone that has bashed entire groups of people with blanket statements in the tank. What’s wrong can’t take getting the same you give?

3 Likes