Do y'all count days flowering from the date of flip or date of first pistils?

Doesn’t seem to be a strong consensus out there on the interwebs but it seems like folk here have a consistent approach… So what says everyone?

:bird:

2 Likes

I count the days from flip since there’s too much variation on when you’ll see stigmas

11 Likes

Do Dr’s count pregnancy weeks from the cream pie or first belly bump ?

18 Likes

I count from the flip. I didn’t even realize there were those that counted from first showing.

7 Likes

Bad example since the answer is neither :laughing::laughing::laughing: but I like where your head is at !

6 Likes

Babies do not have pistils.

9 Likes

Ive only ever counted from flip

3 Likes

The flip, for me 12/12. For others they have their own way.
:peace_symbol::lobster:

2 Likes

Why count? The plant is ready when it’s ready and it could careless about the calendar

12 Likes

That particular exemple is all kinds of wrong but hey we all understood something :joy:

6 Likes

We count crop day so that once we find which cropping window give the best smoke for us so we can replicate it over and over with cuts :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Well , Since I forgot when I flipped I am going to do it by stigmas XD

3 Likes

Makes sense to me. I usually take pics and use them for date stamps, but if I wasn’t sure I would do the same.

1 Like

I thought the same, but for folks spreading beans flowering time is good info to be able to pass along to other growers. It can help with deciding what to run and such.

1 Like

Not going to lie, as much as I would love to count it, I don’t. I don’t keep track of ANYTHING and the only info I have is what I can gleen from the pics I take.

8 Likes

I tried to keep track of everything when I first started growing. I woke up one morning and realized that I created a job for myself. From then on I put down the pencil and focused on the plant. I do track a few dates by either making notes on my calendar or on the name tag of the plant itself. Like autos put a note in my calendar reflecting breeders suggested done date I also track how long my cuttings have been rooting. I understand some folks like to “stay on top” of things, more stress than I want at this point, especially since I only grow for house.

Good growing ya’ll

Smib

6 Likes

It has to be started from the day of flip that’s the only thing that makes sense

6 Likes

Pistols for me
The story is told under magnification really.
The flip time is a guide.
The trichs tell the true story

4 Likes

morn @Papalag

1 Like

I let the plant tell me when it’s choppy choppy time. I do count though! :ok_hand::facepunch::+1::wink::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

4 Likes