Do you smoke Thai?

I certainly have no personal experience, but have read that wacky weed was Colombian black.

1 Like

Love columbian genetics i have a bunch I hope to have room to grow in the future.

Sorry I didnā€™t see this beforeā€¦ the flowers the little kids are selling
would be just regular decoration type flowers, not cannabisā€¦ non of
the kids are Thai though, thais wouldnā€™t let their kids run around
the beach at dawn with no supervision (generally) but thereā€™s a lot
of other nationalities around from the neighboring countries and I
have heard some of them ā€œrentā€ kids from those other countries,
bringing them here to tourist places where some naive turists thing
they are ā€œpoor thai kidsā€ and buy a flower for a hundred bath.
But the money goes to the people renting them and keeping them from
schoolā€¦ really wish they would put and end to thatā€¦ hard for the
rest of us to get visas and stuff to stay here but these operations
have been running for 20 yearsā€¦

Time fliesā€¦

I smoked what I thought was a small amount of Thai once. I started to sweat heavily and I had hallucinations. I was pretty young and had no idea how sensitive I am to cannabis. But that was a lot even for me.

2 Likes

Any thoughts on where Colombian genetics came from? I have read that east Colombian varieties are related to thai varieties. I have also read that U.S. pharmaceutical companies brought genetics there from Kalimantan, Borneo back before prohibition. (Explaining the relation to thai?)

3 Likes

Seems likely that some African genes would be mixed in there. I have seen pictures of Colombian that strongly resemble SudAfrica, (a limited edition Cannabiogen release (gone now), that may be Swazi Red, )though a mix with West African types does make more sense. Speaking of ā€œsmoking thaiā€, I would really love to. Anyone know whose selling thai landraces right now (rsc mango thai is out of stock)?

2 Likes

Maybe TLR or RSC but I havent looked at there gear in awile.

Some came from borneo, some came with the spanish, I beleive there were already cannabis plants there though probably being held deep withing the jungle. Itā€™s a very ancient plant and seems to have been a part of mans life in one form or the other for as long as time. Given to man for his benefit from some higher source. Whether it be aliens, some god, natures devine plan idk but itā€™s the platypus of plants.

3 Likes

Food, clothing, shelter, medication and recreation all in one plant? Sounds like a gift to mankind to me. How anyone could think that this plant was an accident is beyond me. I too think cannabis was already in the western hemisphere prior to the Spanish. Recent discoveries in the Amazon basin, are showing that it is not at all the Primeval Wilderness we thought it was. A vast majority of the the Amazon basin was farmed, by a very Advanced people. The Incredible ecosystem now found today in that part of the world is in part a result of their technology in soil building . Egyptian mummies have traces of cocaine in their systems. This could only come from South America. I believe they were trading with this lost culture located in the Amazon basin. When the Spanish first descended the Amazon from the Peruvian Highlands, they made mention of vast cities located along the Amazon. When Future explorers came, all they found was Jungle. They thought the original explorers must have made this up or exaggerated. Turns out disease wiped out this civilization, and the jungle reclaimed their cities. I have to recommend reading the books 1491,1492 and 1493( I think those are the titles) for an in-depth look at the Western Hemisphere before the Spanish. Until we can trust a company like phylos, our best chance of discovering the ancestors of the strains we love lies in history.

8 Likes

Sorry I missed this oneā€¦ must have been high heheā€¦ hope you had a nice holiday!

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised I can remember but back in '81 & '82 I was 1 yr outta ā€œhighā€ skool. I had a Lebanese blonde hash connect and a thia stick connect. I would buy 1/2 oz of hash for $70. And 2 sticks(red thread, no opium, but I heard rumors.) For $100. Sold half, smoked other half, free. Back when I started making girls the garden tools of today. Your welcome. Just clowning ladies! But seriously.

5 Likes

Back in the tropics and thinking of germinating some beans one of these days. I brought some with me this time that I still had back home and I am going to try and see if I get a few more narrow leafed ones from a seed run I did five years ago. The ones I have with me this time is mostly Super Snow Lotus x Super Snow Lotus but I have a handful of Jack O Nesia (Karma) which I think will really do pretty well here as they had a low leaf count and thin leafs. Still itā€™s going to be close with mold and stuff when they get to maturation. The dream is to get one of those taller Jack O Nesia expressions as a male and maybe hit it to a female from the Thai seeds my friend made last run here. Think that would really be a cool project for me and him to kind of run over a longer time. A few generations just selecting the ones that smoke the best and really work here.

2 Likes

Damn they charged more for the bud on stick than the Lebanese hash? Thatā€™s cool.

2 Likes

I know the germ rates on those seeds that we got from last years crop here are really viable. I accidentally germinated one in my friends green dump post, you know where he throws leafs and organic pieces from his other crops (fruits and veggies) and it started to grow. He didnā€™t see it until it was a foot or so tall and he asked me why I grew plants next to his drive-way, lol. I just chucked the stuff from trimming out and must have missed a seed. Really nice looking plant but it had to be cut down as the neighbors and visitors could see it.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Thatā€™s probably the reason Thai sticks evolved as a cure?
Had crazy thoughts about an I-phone I got wet and put in dried rice to extract moisture may be of use?

1 Like

Germinated some seeds while I am stuck at home here in the tropics. Not much to do so a bit of gardening should brighten the days. I brought some Jack O Nesia seeds (Karma Genetics) from back home and hoped to grow a few but only one out of the six seeds I brought germinated. I have some local seeds but the ones I made last year here didnā€™t germinate as well. The climate is shit for keeping seeds and I know I should keep them in the fridge but didnā€™t. Luckily one of my neighbors gave me some bud a few weeks back that was seeded and some of those germinated. Canā€™t beat fresh seeds lol. Now waiting and fighting off the chickens who seem to have taken an interest in my little seedlingsā€¦

9 Likes

I was thinking on getting some chickens, at least now I know to protect the plants, good to knowšŸ‘
Howā€™s the plants looking?

2 Likes

I have had some humbling experiences trying to germinate seeds and let them go outdoors but I also had some problems with something else besides the chickensā€¦ I am still trying to find out what it is, maybe snails or some smaller insects that attack the young seedlings. I gave a bunch of seeds to my friend and he germinated over at his place. I think I had like 12 little plants just die off when they pushed out their first set of leafsā€¦ very strangeā€¦ I think there might be something living in all the other tropical plants around where I put the little ones that did something to the stems, they just broke or it looked like the little stems just snapped, very strange indeedā€¦

yes if you have chickens they might go picking at the small ones like they did here. They pulled that Jack O Nesia seedling out of the dirt and I put it back down but it never grew after that so itā€™s goneā€¦ I have a pack of those back home in Europe so I hope to grow the last pack when I get back to that sideā€¦ would have been cool to see it grow here thoughā€¦

it will be a while until I have any plants to show here though, they are germinating as we speakā€¦

3 Likes