Doc D Bandaid Haze, Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy and Ancient OG x DE; Bodhi Soar; Freeborn Skycuddler Kush #3 f3

I started these seeds on October 1, planted straight into the soil. Six seeds each of the Bandaid Haze and the Skycuddler Kush f3, four of the Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy and four of the Soar seeds (along with some other stuff that all turned out male). 100% germ rates on the BAH and the Soar, 75% on the C. Gold x Dragon Energy and 50% germ rates on the Skycuddler Kush f3. Only half of the Skycuddlers sprouting is really unacceptable to me, considering how much a pack of those seeds cost, so lemme just get that rant outta the way right now haha.

I ended up with four Bandaid Haze females (those will be listed as #1, #3, #4 and #6), two Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy females (#1 and #2) and one female each of the Soar (#3) and the Skycuddler Kush f3 (#2). One of the Skycuddlers just totally stalled out a couple weeks into veg, which really irritated me, considering the price of those seeds and also the shitty germ rates.

Anyway, everything was vegged for 67 days, flipped on December 7. I didn’t start taking pics until veg day 41, so I’ll start with those. Obviously.

There’s gonna be a TON of pics in this first post, so, uh, bear with me…

Bandaid Haze #1, veg day 41:

Bandaid Haze #1 veg day 54:

Checking my notes, it looks like day 54 was the day I transplanted everything into the seven-gallon pots, so…

BAH #1, flower day 1:

I tied her down on the day I flipped. The other Bandaids didn’t get tied down until about a week after. They all had very woody, thick stems that didn’t feel conducive to any kind of training, but once they started to stretch, they kind of got a little more pliable or whatever.

BAH #1, flower day 8:

BAH #1, flower day 14:

BAH #1, flower day 24:

BAH #1, flower day 30 (last night):

Bad closeup pic, but you get the idea. She’s gonna take a while. They’re all gonna take a while haha.

Here’s the Bandaid Haze #3, veg day 41:

BAH #3, veg day 54:

Looks like I forgot to take pics of the #3 on veg day 54 haha.

BAH #3, flower day 1:

Fuck! Looks like I forgot to take pics of her on flower day 1, too… Damn… But she looked like a weed plant, just use your imagination haha.

BAH #3, flower day 8:

BAH #3, flower day 14:

BAH #3, flower day 24:

BAH #3, flower day 30 (last night):

Goddamnit, I guess I didn’t get a “whole plant” shot of her last night. I dunno why I’m ignoring her haha. Anyway, here’s a closeup:

Here’s the Bandaid Haze #4, veg day 41:

BAH #4, veg day 54:

BAH #4, flower day 1:

BAH #4, flower day 8:

BAH #4, flower day 14:

You can see that tying her down really, really helped a lot haha…

BAH #4, flower day 24:

BAH #4, flower day 30 (again, last night haha):

And finally, the Bandaid Haze #6, veg day 41:

BAH #6, veg day 54:

BAH #6, flower day 1:

BAH #6, flower day 8:

BAH #6, flower day 14:

BAH #6, flower day 24:

BAH #6, flower day 30 (duh! last night!):

I suppose I should mention that I snapped the BAH #6 when I was tying her down on flower day 8. I’m not kidding, all of the Bandaids have very sturdy, woody (hempish?) stems. After the tying-down mishap during my last grow, with that one Mexican Melon that I snapped in half, I was really, really apprehensive about doing any kind of training during this run. But I started tying some down and it was going well and I started getting confident and then I got to the BAH #6. I could tell, like,“Oh, man, this one’s feeling a little too stiff to fuck with…” but I tied down the one top no problem. Then I started fucking with the second half and she split right down the middle. I taped her up, though, and she seems to be doing fine now. I keep forgetting to check the part where I taped her, but I guess that means she’s fine. She looks fine, anyway.

So the Bandaids stretched pretty good, but not too, too crazy or anything. I wish I’d have remembered to measure them on day one of flower, but in any event, I think they stretched mayyyyybe 200 percent, at the very most. Honestly, for as big as they were when I flipped, I’m just glad they’re not growing through the roof of the tent right now.

Also, everything stopped stretching around day 24, for all of the plants. I switched to 14/10 for the last week or so before I flipped and I really think that that helped keep them from getting super-outta control, super-fast. I don’t have a problem with how big the BAH’s got, anyway. I love them haha.

Anyway, here’s the Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy #1, veg day 41:

I dunno if you can see it in this pic, but when I topped her, she really had some serious purple sap leaking out:

C. Gold x DE #1, veg day 54:

Shit, didn’t get any pics of her on day 54.

C. Gold x DE #1, flower day 1:

She had the greatest, most “open” structure right from the start, she wasn’t even tied down yet in the above pic, she just grew that way. Real cool. I love her.

C. Gold x DE #1, flower day 8:

C. Gold x DE #1, flower day 14:

C. Gold x DE #1, flower day 24:

C. Gold x DE #1, flower day 30 (LAST NIGHT! haha):

She’s probably my favorite plant in the tent right now. Great structure, didn’t stretch too bad. Just judging from growth patterns alone, I’d say she’d be my keeper out of the two C. Gold/DE plants (if I ever kept plants). Because the C. Gold x DE #2 is a fucking BEAST haha.

Colombian Gold x Dragon Energy #2, veg day 41:

C. Gold x DE #2, veg day 54:

C. Gold x DE #2, flower day 1:

C. Gold x DE #2, flower day 8 (starting to get unruly…):

C. Gold x DE #2, flower day 14:

C. Gold x DE #2, flower day 24:

C. Gold x DE #2, flower day 30:

She’s obviously going to take a very long time. At least I think she will. Here’s what Doc D had to say about the Colombian Gold that he used in this cross:

“my colombian gold cut was found in seeds from an old hothouse flowers release (via breedbay)… these are a reproduction of luiz from brazilian seed company’s release in the mid 00’s… my selected keeper finishes in 13 weeks, has beautiful narrow leafs on a smaller frame with excellent lateral branching. The flowers are delicate and resemble a pensil thai, very frosty (for the genetics) but not a prolific yielder. aromas are musky cedar and playdough, the flavor is more earthy anise with little sweetness. The effect is social and euphoric.”

So he used a thirteen-week female in this cross, but I suspect I’m getting a little recessive-gene-action going on here and ended up with something that’s proooooobabaly gonna take longer than that haha. But maybe not. You never know. I’ve grown plants that looked like they still had four weeks to go and then all of a sudden finished up in ten days. We’ll see. I’m pretty stoked about this cross, though. You don’t see too many Colombian Gold hybrids around these days…

Here’s the Soar, gonna call her the #3, since that’s what number she was outta the four seeds I planted:

Soar #3, veg day 54:

Soar #3, flower day 1:

Soar #3 flower day 8:

Soar #3, flower day 14:

Soar #3, flower day 24:

Soar #3, flower day 30:

She’s obviously an extremely OMG-leaning plant, but that’s okay. I mean, I wish I would’ve gotten at least one plant that exhibited a little Colombian Red influence, but I think she’s still gonna turn out to be really good smoke.

And finally, here’s Freeborn’s (aka @meangenefrommendocino) Skycuddler Kush f3, labeled #2 (the only one outta six seeds that made it all the way), veg day 41:

She had these really, really gap-y internodes all through veg, which irritated me and made me nervous about flowering her. And it looks like I forgot to take pics of her at day 54 of veg, when I took pics of most of the other stuff. Anyway, here she is at day one of flower:

She was throwing those trifoliates kind of randomly, here and there, which I thought was pretty interesting. I’ve read that trifoliates are a tell tale marker of certain OG’s, so, uh there’s that.

Skycuddler Kush f3 #2, flower day eight:

Skycuddler Kush f3 #2, flower day 14:

Skycuddler f3 #2, FLOWER DAY 21:

That was one of four sacs I found on her that night. Really pissed me off. If you’re selling seeds for three hundred bucks a pack, maybe try and not sell the ones that herm. I know we’ve kind of been having this discussion here on OG on a couple different threads for the past few days about herms, whether or not they’re okay etc etc etc. I don’t think they are. Ever. But I especially don’t think they’re okay if you’re selling those seeds for ridiculous prices. Yeah, I got them on sale, doesn’t matter.

Anyway, I plucked those four sacs off, haven’t seen any since. But that doesn’t necessarily mean they’re not there. I’m fucking almost blind, can’t see shit, so it’s very possible I’m missing some. Honestly, I don’t even know how I noticed that first sac at day 21 of flower, really shocked that I did. Super-glad I did haha, but still shocked.

Anyway, here’s the Skycuddler Kush f3 #2, flower day 24:

Skycuddler Kush f3 #2, flower day 30:

No pun intended, but she’s really growing on me. She stretched a lot, but since I’m growing a bunch of other super-stretchy stuff, it hasn’t been a big deal. She’s about the same size as that shorter C. Gold and the smaller Bandaid Hazes. Nice plant.

Anyway, we got a loooooong way left to go for most of this stuff, but I’m pretty patient, not stressing about it at all. I knew what I was signing up for when I planted these seeds, anyway haha. @anon20530495 and @supershitfuck I know you guys were interested in this grow, so I’m tagging you.

65 Likes

I’ll be pulling up a seat for this one, just got a pack of bandaid haze from Doc. Looking awesome dude !

7 Likes

I’m in for this show. I’d be hitting up Meangene for some replacements. Can’t wait for your detailed smoke report in a couple months!

6 Likes

Forgot to post this side-by-side pic of the two Colombian Gold x Dragon energy plants that I took on day 24 of flower:

The #2 is just. Fucking. Huge haha. Wide, tall, bushy… Taking up a lot of room, for sure.

Also forgot to post a pic of my sweet, sweet boy. No grow log of mine would be complete without at least three pictures of the best dog ever:

Aaaaand I forgot to mention that, because I only got eight females from 24 seeds planted this round (between seeds that didn’t sprout, seeds that stalled out and seeds that turned out male), I planted five of Doc D’s Ancient OG x Afkansastan/Pakistani seeds on December 11. Didn’t take any pics last night, but here they are six days ago, veg day 20:

They’re pretty vigorous, with extremely tight internodes and nice, wide leaves. I think they’ll provide a pleasant counterpoint to the stuff that’s flowering right now.

Anyway…

39 Likes

Nahhhhhh, it’s alright. Kind of haha. I still have a pack-and-a-half left, too, so… Honestly, I’m just glad to be getting through as many seeds as I can each run, even if some don’t sprout. I do wish I had more than one Skycuddler, though, especially since they’re f3’s. It’d be nice to see if there’s any sorta uniformity there.

A couple months? Haha. I’m thinking I’ll be chopping most of these plants early/mid-March, dry for two weeks, cured for four… Plus, I’m lazy on the smoke reports. Earliest’ll probably be mid-May. Gawddamn Sativas… haha!

16 Likes

Very nice grow write-up, sorry the Skycuddler Kush was pretty much a bust. Then the only survivor herms a bit. Good luck and continued success!

5 Likes

absolutely i’m sure they’d send you like 2 more $300 packs for free, i’d do that if i was the seller. The seedbanks really piss me off when sending seeds in regular mail, priority mail anywhere in the US is $6 to $8 … it’s $4 more that regular mail… those seeds are hundreds of dollars… do the math seedbanks!

whoaa! that would be touching my lights, stoked to see this anticipated grow man good shit your plants are 110%

long flowering plants like that, are you top dressing? teas? are you in coots mix still?

10 Likes

That was an amazing post :+1 Everything looks great; fantastic work! i’m pulling up a chair. :sunglasses:

Edit: for context I was referring to the 1st post. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hell yeah, let’s get the party started!

lol at the BAH#4 that you tried tying down… “Nah, fuck that, you ain’t keeping me down”!

That’s shitty on the SkyCuddler… she does look like a pretty nice plant now though. Hopefully the smoke is worth it, just keep an eye for those nanners!

Pics are looking great and thanks for all the documentation.

6 Likes

Hm, I dunno. Good question haha. I top dressed with some MBP a while back, maybe like two or three weeks ago, I remember that. Teas, no. Maybe I’ll do a little kelp/neem tea at some point, but probably not haha. I’ve watered with a little coconut and aloe once. Watered with TM7 on day one of flower… If I add anything at all from here on out, it’ll be in the next week or so; I don’t like to add anything after about five weeks into flower. From everything I’ve read, you wanna go super-light on any sorta “additives” with heavy Sativa-dominant plants. I think water-only’ll be fine. We’ll see haha.

I’m still using the soil I’ve been using for the last year or so. I thought it was “Coot’s mix,” but then somebody sent me a bunch of different soil mix recipes and the one that was labeled “Coot’s” didn’t look too much like what I’m using. My soil mix is the one listed on that no till thread on grasscity, with a shitload of rock dust added and stuff. I like it. I guess you could call it “Mountain Organics’ mix”?

That reminds me, I dragged all of my soil bins outta the garage a couple weeks ago so they could get rained on when we got all that, uh, rainy weather here. I need to drag them back into the garage today haha. Not gonna be fun, pulling a bunch of wet-ass 65-gallon soil bins around…

12 Likes

Thanks for the tag! Always enjoy reading your logs. Thorough to the max. The stretch on some of these is wild! I’ll be following along the rest of the way :v:t2:

9 Likes

Haha, it was actually the #6, but yeah. I knew I shouldn’t have tried, but I did it anyway. Got cocky. First side worked out fine, though… haha.

Anyway, glad you’re along for the grow. I considered tagging you, but then I figured anybody who stumbles along these grow reports is welcome; I don’t wanna DEMAND that anybody follow them haha…

8 Likes

I’m a big fan of mean gene’s gear so I’ll be following along here for sure. Sorry to see you got some balls on the SCK. Haven’t tried that one but his Lime Pop Kush is one of my all time favorites been trying to find more beans of it forever.

5 Likes

Thanks, dude! I wrote a response and then realized I read your post wrong haha, so I deleted it. But yeah, the Skycuddler seeds were definitely a bust. I really like the one plant that remains, though, sacs notwithstanding. Getting a good vibe from her, for sure.

7 Likes

Yeah, I haven’t heard anything bad about his stuff at all. My favorite weed-blogger (and the only “weed-blogger” I know of, actually haha) has always spoken very highly of his gear, written several glowing reports on meangene’s crosses. That’s actually the reason why I felt comfortable with and compelled to buy those packs.

Here’s his site, in case you don’t know: higherthought.guru

There’s a lot of Freeborn reviews on there.

Anyway, yeah, I like that Skycuddler plant a lot, despite the sacs. Hopefully there won’t be any more of them. I don’t understand why he gotta charge so much fucking money for his seeds, though…

13 Likes

Oh ill check out this blog! looks really cool.

Yeah, I know his KD1 cross can have instability issues indoors - haven’t seen it with the SCK before but probably comes from him mostly growing everything outside. That said I know he’s been sending all his stuff to skunktek for rigorous indoor testing and abuse these days instead of just trusting the outdoor to work fine inside. I hope that’s the last of your issues and if the sky cuddlers bud is anything like the lime pop’s you’re in for a real treat when it finishes up. He really does an incredible job bringing something special in the high department to those OG-ish looking and tasting plants.

I’ll be hanging around rooting for ya as the ride continues!

5 Likes

Really nice write up, detailed and lots of pics :+1: You’ve got some cool genetics too, not your standard cookies based polyhybrid like you see all over nowadays. And plants are looking nice and healthy too. Sorry if I missed it but what are you feeding with? I’m just gonna pop a squat over yonder and keep an eye on this one :call_me_hand:

5 Likes

You think? I’m okay with it haha. I mean, we kinda knew that they were gonna stretch pretty good, right? I’ve read as much as I can find about the Bandaids, seen a lot of different reports, everything from,”I only got 100% stretch,” to,”I flowered a six-inch clone and she ended up five feet tall.” That six-inch clone story got me really nervous haha. Although I was fairly certain the dude who wrote that was a moron haha and was just kind of like,”Ohhhh, those dang Sativas’ll stretch on ya every time!”

I think they ended up okay, though. I reeeaalllyyyy wish I woulda remembered to measure them the day I flipped, but I’m guessing that they were around twenty inches tall. Add in like ten inches for the pots and the tallest of the BAH is maybe chin-high now. I’m 6’2”, so that doesn’t seem too bad.

Everything I read, with the “300% stretch” or whatever, I thought they’d outgrow the tent for sure, what with me flowering them at twenty inches or so. But they’re all good. I do need to raise the lights about six more inches, which will be as high as the lights will go. But a seven foot tent, lights about a foot from the tallest plant’s top (which is the C. Gold #2, not any of the Bandaids), it’s not too bad…

10 Likes

I haven’t grown many sativa doms so my opinion will be skewed. For me, I’d be supercropping and tying out of fear haha. I think the stretchiest (I doubt that’s actually a word) I ever experienced was a NYCD many moons ago. I know you’ve got these under control, though.

That Colombian is the one that really stood out to me the most. Like you, I had read all different kinds of reports on the BAH. I trusted Vernal’s report when he was able to compare them to OGK and SourD. To paraphrase, I think he put them at like a little over 2x, but not as bad as the aforementioned strains. I really hope you get those huge, spear-shaped colas.

You still using Coot’s soil? Any amendments or anything? I’m going to say a prayer to the insect gods so we can keep you pest free this run, bro.

Edit: saw you already addressed my redundant question above. Disregard it.

7 Likes

Haha, uh… No, I fucking despise GSC and all of her derivatives. I’ll never grow them. I actually started a thread on thcfarmer like six years ago about how much GSC sucks and got bombarrrrrrded with,”For shame! GSC all the way! You don’t know what you’re talking about!” responses.

I think nube said it best when he mentioned that GSC had set cannabis breeding back at least five years. Which is true. I will never understand how that plant got so hyped. The fact that it did just confirmed my opinion that too many people in this world are dumb and will believe anything you tell them. “This weed’s good! I swear! High Times said it was!” Or maybe everybody’s just into that sorta really boring, bland, “blah” kind of high that makes you sit around and have nothing to say. I don’t wanna smoke anything like that, though.

Sorry, I’m a little drunk right now haha.

Anyway, as far as feeding my plants is concerned, I don’t really “feed” per se. Occasionally, I’ll, like, top dress with some MBP, maybe once or twice a grow. Or maybe not at all. Sometimes I’ll water with some aloe or coconut. But again, sometimes not at all. Neem/kelp tea, once every three grows, maybe. The neem/kelp teas, though, you gotta clean the bucket out afterwards, so I don’t do that too often haha.

I will say that after my last run, when I got a serious aphid infestation, I made it a point to do a neem oil foliar a few times in veg for this grow. And I added some aloe and K silicate to the foliar water, as well. Root development was fantastic. Every time I removed a male from the grow and dumped the pots into the soil bin, there were roots everywhere. I don’t usually do foliars, but I need to remember to do that moving forward. I feel like aloe works best as a foliar. I dunno, though haha.

19 Likes