Doc D December 2022 seed run

moving discussion of the doc d december seed run to this thread.

@antheis
@Knifeman
@Vagabond_Windy
@Dr.VitaminGreen

39 Likes

alright, so here’s my doc d list. don’t judge me. :stuck_out_tongue:

these are my full packs…

• bandaid haze 3.0
  • bandaid haze ix 4.2
  • chocolate trip f1 x a5 haze/thai bx
  • Sour Diesel x Afkansastan/X18 Pakistani
  • white tahoe cookies x afkansastan/x18 pakistani
  • overflo x afkansastan/x18 pakistani
  • lemon thai f4 no 9 x sensi star f2
  • bandaid haze f1 no 7 x sensi star f2
  • black energy
  • dragonfruit thai
  • apple fritter x dragon energy
  • nl5/haze (nl5 dom) x dragon energy
  • malawi gold x dragon energy
  • twilight language x dragon energy
  • vietnam black 164 (kiona) x dragon energy
  • metal haze f2 (bodhi) x dragon energy
  • platinum zkittlez x dragon energy
  • t-1000 (tk/purple urkle) x dragon energy

these are my half packs…

• vietnam black x lemon thai
  • ethiopian banana x nepali watermelon hashplant
  • endless sunset x nepali watermelon hashplant
  • temple (ssh/william’s wonder) x (a5 haze/thai bx)
  • Cuban Black Haze x A5 Haze/Thai bx
  • Purple Corinto Budder (Colombian/Hawaiian) x A5 Haze/Thai bx
  • Magic Bluegrass x a5 Haze/Thai bx
  • Beastie Boy No 5 x A5 Haze/Thai bx
  • Overflo x Afkansastan/X18 Pakistani
  • Goji Razz x Beastie Boy No 5
  • Mullum/Oaxacan x Beastie Boy
  • Dragon Hammer x Afkansastan/X18 Pakistani
  • Rude Boi no7 x Afkansastan/X18 Pakistani
  • lemon thai
  • nigerian rafiki
  • zang!
  • velvet buzzsaw
  • dragon temple
  • ethiopian flame v2
  • blue triangle x beastie boy
  • spellcaster no 10 x dragon energy
  • black lime reserve x dragon energy
  • nepali watermelon hashplant x dragon energy
  • mother’s milk (bodhi) x thunder gun express
  • triangle kush x lemon thai f4
  • magic bluegrass x sensi star f2
  • banana og x afkansastan/x18 pakistani
37 Likes

here is my list of crosses

Sensi Star f2

• Mullum/Oaxacan
  • Bandaid Haze #7
  • Durban Poison
  • A5 Haze (x3)
  • Vietnam Black 164 (x3)

Dragon Energy

• White Haze
  • Colombian Gold

Afkansastan/x18 Pakistani

• Blue Triangle
  • Zang!
  • A5 Haze S1 (x3)

A5Haze / Thai Bx

• Bandaid Haze (x2)
  • Nigerian Rafiki (x3)
  • Cuban Black Haze (x2)
  • Wat Pho (half pack)

Killer A5 Haze x Beastie Boy

AC/DC x Nepali Watermelon Hashplant

Vietnam Black 164 S1 (6 seeds)

29 Likes

Just from
What I’ve seen from looking into his tge lines today that bodhis mother milk x tge would most likely have awesome stuff in there not sure if it’s like the other tge crosses but I think there was only a limited 30 packs released

12 Likes

Here are the crosses I have from Doc D:

Sensi star

-black triangle
-lemon Thai
-chocolate trip
-mullum/oaxican
-metal haze
-bandaid haze ix 3.0
-bandaid haze f1 #7

A5 haze/Thai bx

-purple corinto budder

Dragon energy

-purple Pakistani
-twilight language
-purple corinto budder
-franks little beauties
-platinum zkittlez
-spellcaster #10

Nepali watermelon hp

-gg#4
-purple corinto budder
-white haze

TGE

-mother’s milk

Edit: misc packs

-lemon Thai
-purple columbian x pure kush/uzbeki
-faux choco trip x (Congo/Kandahar)
-bandaid haze 4.2
-blue triangle x beastie boy 5 seed freebie pack

20 Likes

As far as what I’m willing to work with in the next couple months:

Cuban black x A5/Thai bx (Already committed to running these for my next round. I could also run up to two packs of another. Except for A5 x DE, I only have one of each)

Lemon Thai f5

Malibu pure kush x lemon Thai f4 no.19

A5 (clone) x dragon energy

SC Pure haze x dragon energy

Vietnam black x dragon energy

Cujo D

Nigerian haze x afpak

Zang! x afpak

Edit:

Black energy x dragon energy
(this would be a dope one for a few reasons. First it’s already a male bx which is classic doc d style haha. Also would be a cool community thing to preserve a classic male in seed form)

22 Likes

hey guys! sorry i’ve been missing for the last week. just been busy with work and life, but i’ve still been thinking about this seed run and how to approach it. also, i’m not the arbiter of anything here, i’m just throwing ideas around and whatever people think best we can hopefully pursue.

so it seemed like there was some interest in getting the bandaid haze ran, but it didn’t seem like the interest in bandaid haze was so overwhelming that we need to devote the whole group to it (or do we?). since there’s both a bh 3.0 and bh 4.2 and it was recommended to keep the two lines separate, i wonder if we can split the group and have half run one of the bandaid haze lines, while the other half can perhaps run other crosses… like the thunder gun express and/or the black energy x dragon energy mentioned. this way we can offer more selection, but fewer seeds of each strain overall.

i don’t think we have two full packs of either the tge cross (i only have a half pack myself) or the black energy x dragon energy do we? so we couldn’t get two growers running those packs, unless i’m mistaken.

i suppose splitting the strains being run makes it less of a community seed run. but the enthusiasm for an all bandaid haze run doesn’t seem monumental, and i still think the doc d aspect of these seeds provides enough community for us to band together and support one another, even if some are running different strains. i also think if some people are excited to run a certain cross, then they would be excited to do well making seeds from that strain.

i had read through the goji og community seed run, which was pretty informative. they ended up having the pollen sharing be an opt-in thing, which seems like it would be easier all around. so it’d be up to each grower whether they wanted to collect pollen to share and/or receive pollen from other growers, since this would require more work and timing.

@antheis you were a part of that run, do you remember how many seeds you guys ended up making? i think there were like 10 growers in that effort?

i hope i can stoke the flames for this doc d seed run and get things warmed up again. i miss you guys!

10 Likes

I believe there ended up being 8 for the gogi run while I think doing a large run of one cultivar like that would be awesome but also makes tons of beans I think g-pas said she made up 300 packs of 20 seeds with a ton leftover :joy: It might be better having more diversity and doing multiple but 🤷 @highminwin

10 Likes

i personally made just under two thousand seeds. I only had one female and had to get pollen mailed to me. Gpas estimates at least 30k seeds were mailed to her.

9 Likes

I’d be so stoked for black energy x dragon energy

5 Likes

i totally agree, dhg!

man that’s so many seeds, and all from one female! so i imagine if we had half the group doing bandaid haze we’d get plenty to supply the community and the other growers can run some of the cool crosses.

also if we split the group, we can maybe figure out which growers are up to share pollen and put them in the bh group. i would be up for the extra challenge myself. then the growers running the crosses can manage their own timeline, and at the end we can present the community with a doc d melange.

5 Likes

I am new to these seed runs and am looking forward to getting started.

I don’t have any strong opinions on what to run, but I am curious to hear what people would prefer. If you feel like there were too many seeds produced with goji, maybe it would be good to pick two or more and diversify? But, I am good with whatever is decided.

If people want to share pollen I am fine with that.

I am curious if these are usually an open pollination?

5 Likes

yes i believe an open pollination is preferred for seed runs, as you’ll be maximizing the available gene pool. i suppose you never know what sort of genetics even a runty looking specimen could be carrying. if we open pollinate in addition to sharing pollen, then we really should be opening up many more genetic combinations.

it seems like you, myself, and @antheis are down for sharing pollen. we could be on the bandaid haze team. one thing i’d like to figure out is a timeline for when we could start, since sharing pollen would probably require a little more syncing together.

@Jubal_harshaw said he’d be excited to run black energy x dragon energy.

if @Vagabond_Windy and/or @Dr.VitaminGreen are interested in running the mother’s milk x thunder gun express cross, we can get seeds to them. or they can join on the bh train. perhaps scheduling would work out better for certain people to work with bh.

@DesertHeartGardens would you be joining our grow efforts as well, or just planning to watch from the sidelines?

9 Likes

i’ve been thinking about what @nobodysnursery said about the BAH not being that rare and a very recent, and fully tested, release and have kinda shied away from putting out massive amounts of f2s. it is one of doc’s flagship strains and one that he would most likely put out first if/when he gets up and running for seed making in mexico putting out f2s of the 3.0 could possibly ‘step on his toes’ and take sales away from him.

it looks like there is 1.5 packs of this available for a seed run from what everyone has posted, @Knifeman and @highminwin, and this would def qualify as rare and discontinued so it gets my vote for reproduction.

both @Jubal_harshaw and I have zang! x af/pak and going off @advancedbuffalo 's description and smoke report it gets my vote for a repro.

10 Likes

I would be good with running the mm x tge if that what is decided. Do people usually check with the breeder to make sure they are not working that line?

I am willing to run anything that I have. I just flipped the black triangle x sensi star and they are some vigorous plants.

7 Likes

I’m down to run whatever as long as I can get some soil issues in check before December. Working on a lighter seedling mix.

9 Likes

If all goes to plan I would like to join the efforts in the grow going over this week and grabbing all the grow gear a neighbor is gifting me after losing interest trying to put up the tent this winter in my garage for my first seed run :+1:

5 Likes

yes we do. as far as I know doc has given his blessing on us doing an increase on any of his gear since he’s going dark for a while.

8 Likes

Never run doc’s gear. And not a part of this at all, but as an outsider looking in I would be PSYCHED if you all ran the Bandaid Haze!

:robot:

5 Likes

Great things happening here. Doc D just moved to Mexico right?

6 Likes