Doc-d's Mexican Death x Dragon Energy "MDDE"

Doc-d’s Mexican Death Sativa x Dragon Energy

Genetics:
*Mexican Death Sativa - Guerro x Michoan
but, other versions are also stated in forums.
*Dragon Energy - Dragon Soul (Bodhi cut) x Headbanger

I popped 10 beans and found one outstanding Female and one Male with the bleeding characteristics so I’ll be f2ing these and hopefully searching the f2’s to make f3’s sometime next year.
One thing that I noticed for this particular female are the leaf formation that reminds me of Nigerian Silk and Haze and is also a bleeding pheno. The stems and pistols are just covered with trichomes and reeks to high heaven. I may have to cut this bad girl down soon prior to finishing since it can be smelled from my front yard or I may just cut it back to one stem. I’ve already cut about 50% of the branches away (stress testing) to see if it reacts by throwing balls.
I did also take cuts prior to planting the MDDE outdoors and I’m going to pollinate those with the males indoors.
Whenever I find an exceptional female I tend to run one outdoors for stress testing (environmental, light pollution and insects) and the plants also tend to be a little bit better in quality (Terps and flower size).
Here are the crosses that I plan to make using the males from:

MDDE x Nigerian Rafiki
MDDE x Bandaid Haze ix
MDDE x Cuban Black Haze
MDDE x Piff s1 x a5/Thai bx
MDDE x Gorilla Fumes (Top Dawg)
MDDE x Pineapple Fields (Dynasty) (for the Ladies)

Already popped and will be pheno hunted and stressed tested this year are:
Bandaid Haze ix, Cuban Black Haze, Nigerian Rafiki and Pineapple Fields. Piff S1 and Gorilla Fumes will be late next year.
My pheno hunts for males are usually for structure, node spacing and color and a second female that I hunt for would be for Terps. Both male found are used for each cross.
I expect to update this grow every 2 weeks or so if you’re interested in the genetics and thanks for reading.

23 Likes

Never seen that bleeding on a plant before. Lovely plants and sounds like some great crosses. Heres to some happy rumpy pumpy.

3 Likes

Those are going to be some killer long flowering crosses 🫶🏼

2 Likes

I grew up on NLD “Sativa” strains and have always been on the hunt for the old flavors of the past. About 80% of my seed collection are Landraces and Hazes so I run a perpetual grow and start 11/13 from seed so the NLD (6 months give or take) and take about the same time as a WLD (3 months for maturity and 2-2 1/2 to flower). I’ve grown a lot of bleeders from Hawaiian genetics and some Columbian from Bodhi and other great breeder out there but not like this one so I’m really excited to see how it finishes.
I am not a breeder nor would I like the responsibility of being a breeder so I pollen chuck to the best of my ability and knowledge. The problem is that I have way too many seeds that it will be impossible to grow them all in my life time so most of the time I just f2 and store them for future growers. I do plan on sharing these crosses at some point to the OG community but would like to test and get permission for doc-d (back in the states now) prior to sending them out. The other issue that I ran into sending beans out was there are a lot of international OGers and I got questioned from the postal employee as to what was inside. The postal worker said that I couldn’t just use collectables in the description as they would need specifics or else there would be a chance that they would be undelivered and also the cost for sending international. It was Xmas time so I didn’t mind eating the shipping cost at the time.
Thanks for your comments.

8 Likes

Great plants. I will be watching this thread. :rainbow:

3 Likes

Quick update.
Here are the males that I’ll be using for the MDDE f2’s.
MDDE #1 male (clone) stretchy, long internodes, unique stem rub odor from the rest of the males, fast flowering

MDDE #8 male (clone) squat, slowest to flower, shortest node distance, NLD Leaning leaves

MDDE #2 Male (seed) hardest to clone & waiting for roots in cloner, bleeding Pheno, good vigor, stem rub is earthy & woody with a background scent that I can quite describe. This is my first choice to make f2’s and will make a separate pollination to search through for f3 selections.

I’ll be using all 3 of these males to make f2’s to keep all the genetic traits in the line alive. The F2 seeds from this open pollination will not be searched by me but instead will be kept for diversity. I’ll be searching through the MDDE #2 male isolated seed stock for my personal hunt.

Here is an example of the typical females that I have ran into while running MDDE.
MDDE #3 med node length, typical yield, woody earthy and a slight background of citrus fuel taste on the exhale. Fast onset, heady and hard for the first 15 min or so then comes down to a nice head clear and slight body relaxation.

I hope to give away a fair bit of these open pollination beans as soon as I get a okay to release them from Doc-d and when time permits to those that have interest in them and are within the states. I will give them to those that will share within the community so that those overseas will be able to enjoy them as well.

Thanks for tuning in

6 Likes

Hey dude, why not try sending it in a flip-coin in a letter? It works about 90% of the time worldwide. If you need to fill out customs forms, I’ve had seeds labeled as handmade seeds, handmade brooches, or if they come in a DVD case, they’re marked as DVDs, software, or gifts.

This other thread looks interesting as well. I just noticed that one of the cuts sent from the States made it to Germany:

4 Likes

Great advice guys. I’ll give it a test run this year with some other seeds that I’ve been working on mainly Useful’s (RIP) reproductions that I’ve been doing over past year or so. His work with Bodhi’s crosses and especially BOO have and always will impress me. I should have some s2 “BOO” bag of oranges (Cali-o x Tangerine Power), Blackened Oranges s2 (BOO x Black Jack) and Lucky Limes (Lucky Charms x Black Lime Reserves) tested by the end of the year.
Useful’s Chemmy Xmas (chem Cookie Trip x 1979 Xmas bud) Santa’s Chocolates (lBlueberries’s 'n Chocolate x 1979 Xmas tree Bud) and Blueberries 'n Chocolate (Blueberry Hash plant x Chocolate Diesel) will be repo’d next fall.
Thanks all for your feedback

3 Likes