Does this look like a potassium deficiency?

Have a few young plants in the veg tent…they are showing some signs that something is wrong.
Looking at the picture chart, might be potassium?
I am feeding with schultz 10-15-10 and lighting is a t5.
Thinking I should switch plant food to something else…eventually want to go the organic/living soil route, but I still have some reading to do on that.

What do you think I have going on here??

Thanks!

5 Likes

There’s a few things going on actually. You do have a Potassium deficiency but, you also have signs of Nitrogen deficiency as well as Nitrogen toxicity. There also looks to be the beginning of a Magnesium deficiency. First the basics. What medium are you growing in and, what is the pH of your feed solution?

5 Likes

Good call on the ph… usually when seeing several signs like this I’ve experienced that it is typically the ph out of range or toxicity/lockout @SeymourGreen … good eye gromie!

3 Likes

What type of water are you using @Greenacarina ?

1 Like

Also… you do want to find a better ratio… 10-15-10… you’d think Nitrogen and potassium would become deficient… a 20-20-20 is better I’d think… an even 1-1-1 ratio or even go 1.5/2 - 1 - 1.5/2 but not the other way around…

1 Like

Maybe take some clones in preparation for a happier soil/feed. :v:

:evergreen_tree:

Peat based soils are very acidic. Wash in some dolmìte lime.

Mag def add some Epsom : )

3 Likes

Check your pH at time of feeding should be between 6 and 6.3

I do agree with @ifish mag deficiency

But ease off on the nitrogen a bit

3 Likes

Potassium usually is available in nutes, soil and abundant in a wide pH range, so guess Nitrogen toxicity may have blocked it. Magnesium, as stated, could have been blocked by an excess of Calcium, I see those dark lush green leaves that may be a consequence of both toxicities … beer3|nullxnull

Captura

… and watchout for possible thrips … hum|nullxnull

7 Likes

Looks like mag.

5 Likes

Note lines on
Leaves

Good catch I didn’t see that your right looks like mine did 3 weeks ago

3 Likes

I see lots of suggestions. You checking run off ph so you are guessing less? Just a thought. One of the questions I was asked. Also feed ppm and frequency. Feed, water, feed. Or something else?

2 Likes

No ca or mg in that feed so it needs to be added ie calmag
Old growth won’t be fixed but new growth should look better
Feed should also be ph befor feeding
And spray something with spinosad in it for thrips ( great call @George )

6 Likes

You guys are all awesome as always!!
So, I am growing in EB stone potting soil with perlite mixed in. 300 ppm of schultz 10-15-10 every 3 days. Water ph was 5.6
I have seen no bugs, but will spray to be safe.
I am due to top them and re-pot…I am going to change how I prepare my nutes/Water and probably switch to different stuff.
I do have a bottle of cal mag, so I will start adding that as well. Still learning but I will get there.
Just finished trimming my outdoor harvest and holy crap!!! Lotta work, but it will be worth it.
I had plants in large pots, 5 gal bucket, smaller fabric pots and some just straight in the ground.
My fabric pot plants got mold. 5 gal bucket was ok, but suffered a bit from the mold due to proximity.
Large ceramic pots (approx 5 gal size) did great, but the garden plants were phenomenal!
This grow taught me a lot about the needs of the roots and the importance of organics in the soil!
Thanks again everyone! I will post the results of my changes :+1::+1::+1:

3 Likes

I don’t know why they would manufacture a full fert with 10-15-10 ratio. There is not 1 plant on earth that requires more P than NK. A good all around ratio for me is 2-1-2 all the way from veg till the last couple of weeks when i lower the N substantially. I do however change the concentration or EC in different stages. Also you need to allow for 10-15% runoff when you feed to not build up salts in your medium.

@zem a 2/1/2 is not good for flower stage , unless you like dark green leafy plants with airey buds : )

2 Likes

My observations were that they do require N through flowering and you have quite a margin with N. It is very important though to have a medium that is easy to flush. Leaf color and bud size are looking right.

@zem
Veg 1/1/1
Stretch 2/1/1 w1-2 flower 12/12
W3-4 1/3/3
W5-8 1/4/4
W8-10 1/2/6
Chop
This for an 8 weeker as I don’t count stretch time
Adjust ec thou out flower as required w3-8 keepin elemental n around 95- 100 ppm

Hope this helps : )

7 Likes

Well i guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one because i would not use these ratios on my plants :joy:

2 Likes