Does this look like nutrient burn to you guys

I’m 4 weeks into my grow and I am using the fox farm trio for nutrients I have only been using about 60% of what the chart actually calls for as far as the amount of nutrients I have been giving and only once a week starting on the second week? Any thought i am somewhat of a biginner

6 Likes

Looks over watered to me

5 Likes

Looks like, could you post a pic with normal light? :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Welcome to OG @Zman682. At first glance, I’d say nutrient burn & over watering imho. Harder to tell with blurple lighting. What media are you using? Have you checked the pH of the nutrient solution? We’re all here to help.

3 Likes

i second this, it is kinda hard to diagnose problems with that lighting

3 Likes

Yes I will take a picture with normal lighting I used to help a lot with one of my buddies grows and I also have an uncle that Grows so by helping them out and stuff I’ve learned stuff along the way but this will be the first girl I’ve done on my own I am using a 600w Maxsisun LED in a 2×2×4 grow tent i am about 4 weeks in from seed its an unknown strain ive had the light on a 18/6 cycle since day one i testedthe ph of my tap water its sitting right around 7.0 I was watering them about 3 times a week until I realized that was way too much so now I’m doing two times a week the humidity moves between 55 and 60 I’ve been having trouble keeping it steady for my medium I’m using just regular miracle grow potting soil which I’m starting to think was a mistake I wish I would have spent a little more money in order a good soil or compost I have five other plants started there about one weekend and are just popping out of the soil any advice I could get from you guys would be greatly appreciated and I will make sure to take that picture and better light as soon as possible thank you

5 Likes

That looks pretty high to me, perhaps some nutrients are blocked, we will see it better in that incoming pic … :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I know that 7 is pretty high from everything I’ve read during the early veg stage you want it closer to 5.5 or 6.0 I just honestly really don’t know how to get it down so if you have any advice I’d appreciate it here are those pics that I said I would post let me know what you think. I’m also pretty excited I should be expecting 20 Durban Poison feminized 1 to be coming soon so i can get a couple going that i actuall know what the stain is ill give update on those when i get them started thanks for all your advice

3 Likes

If you are using Miracle Gro potting soil, it has already nutrients, so you should not add more, even if you add less than what appears in the charts.

I only used once prefertilized soil, I had a nutrient burn and had to flush heavily with pHed water with no nutrients, never more …

I like now to buy Canna Terra and combine it with Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect, with this product you forget about checking the pH, you wouldn’t have to worry about that.

If you still use other nutrients, you should use pH Down or similar products to lower it and baking soda if you lowered it too much.

If you’re starting soon another grow I recommend you my formula, I am also a beginner and combining this soil and nutes have given me good results, as you avoid committing errors, never more had a nutrient burn or deficiencies due to pH out of range.

Try to give them just pHed water to see if they react correctly, the already have nutes in the soil and won’t miss them … :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Those plants are too small to be feeding. I’m guessing your soil already has nutrients in it.

3 Likes

As said above, soil is hot and maybe over watering as well. Your ph being high is not good. You should invest in a good ph pen.

Not sure where you are on the planet, but Ampera make quality testing equipment at reasonable prices starting $ 70 CA for a good ph pen.

If you buy the cheapo ph pens for 20$ you will end up buying 2 a year and they usually fail when you need them most, or they constantly need re calibrating. My Ampera came calibrated and has been good for 3 years so far.

If your ph is off, you’re going to have a lot of problems you can’t answer with a quick ph test to put your mind at ease when plants show deficiencies.

5 Likes

search for LITFA & use filtered tap water if you can. :+1:

Neither issue is acute :man_health_worker: but over-fertilized soil(did you say liquid feed?) & a little over-watered. Overwatering is a surprisingly hard thing to learn. :blush:

:evergreen_tree: still do it sometimes even when i know better… :hear_no_evil:

4 Likes

Yeah I was using Fox farms grow big and big bloom but after I uploaded those pictures and got some of your guys’s advice I started flushing and the plant is starting to look better already I’ll post a picture in a couple days so you guys can see the progress

3 Likes

besides the few leaves that were damaged from either over-watering or nutrient burn the plant looks to be almost fully recovered and is looking healthy

8 Likes

the first pics, the effected leaves were pretty much your top growth and to me looked like early stages of a mobile nutrient deficiency probably due ph issues causing lockout , the newer pics new foliage looks great so it looks like your on the right track … there’s a whole gamut of things soil temp , excessive nutes of one item could lock out others , and of course ph.

3 Likes

Yeah the plant is really starting to look good now has not shown it sex yet I topped it a couple of days ago and trimmed off a bunch of the lower foliage that wasn’t getting as much light and also started giving tiger bloom it’s really starting to take off now the fan leaves are at least 6 to 8 inches across I’m starting the doses of tiger bloom in very small amounts just to avoid possibly running into the problem of nutrient burn again if anybody has any advice I’d be greatly appreciatet!

8 Likes

I ended up getting my seeds in the mail from great lakes genetics last week i started six seeds 2 atonic x / 2 motor breath #15 and 2 bad girl x fems and was vary pleased when i got six out of six to germinate now i have six seedlings going and also pulled a couple of clones off of the unknown plant i have going both of the clones have now rooted and have almost doubled in size wich is awesome considering this was my first attemt at cloning. im getting ready to put the mother on a 12/12 cycle im just waiting for the supplies i ordered for a new veg room i will post more pictures later

5 Likes

Is it normal for some of the pistols to start turning Amber only 3 weeks into flower not a whole bunch just a few of them are turning a reddish color

2 Likes

pistils YES, trichomes(resin heads/glands) NO.

if the latter then they’re oxidizing from something…contact/spray/wind etc…

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

I’m having some problems with the leaves curling up over on themselves or curling a little bit on the sides does anybody know what this would be from

but it’s mainly just on the one plant the other do I have going look fine

3 Likes