Dogwalker OG Earthbox run (Now with Rice Root Aphids!)

What’s up Overgrow?!

New to this forum and wanted to share what I have going on.

My next run is going to be the cut of Dogwalker OG which originated out of Wonderland Nursery some years ago.

Very excited for this one!

38 Likes

Pulling up a chair in the front row so a have a good view of your grow show.

:green_heart: :seedling:

9 Likes

Welcome to OG bud! So you will be running this clone in a Earthbox hmm? Love me some EB’s, I am actually reamending 2 EB’s today :+1:. Cant wait to see what ya get going in there!

8 Likes

I’m taken a sit to watch… looking good so far

4 Likes

Welcome to OG @CruJones , plant is looking good.

4 Likes

Welcome bud let’s see them buds. Got the popcorn, sour patch, and lawn chair to see the show.

2 Likes

Welcome to OG @CruJones!

2 Likes

Welcome to the OG @CruJones!

Sour Looks great…
Can’t wait to see how your Dogwalker OG turns out…

I’ll take a seat in the back to check out your work.

Sending positive vibes…

and as always…
Here is to the good times to come on the OG :call_me_hand:

13 Likes

Happy growing and welcome to OG!

3 Likes

Welcome. I had dogwalker og one time and it was phenomenal. Going to follow along.

4 Likes

I know it crowded, but when that far right corner clears, I’m calling “DIBS”!! Looking forward to observing your obvious skills, always eager to learn. Wishing you nothing but continued success, stay safe, and be well…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Just gonna elbow my way in here for a good seat, never seen the dogwalker before but really enjoyed Oneye’s interview on the potcast so I wanna be front row to watch this one. Good luck to you!

4 Likes

Topped her last night and mixed up 2cuft of Coot’s mix for my EB.

Grabbed a handful of dried Comfrey to crumble into the EB when it’s time.

I’ll be brewing up an AACT for transplant which will happen in the next week or so.

Thanks for the love OG! Happy Birthday, America. :us:

11 Likes

I found rice root aphids on the Dogwalker this past week.

I took cuttings into another area of my house, cleaned them and have been misting the cuttings with OG Biowar root and foliar packs. I know I should probably toss it and start over but I’m thick headed. I cannot replace this plant. If I have to go systemic insecticide I will use it then just veg the plant for a year before flowering it out.

So this thread is going to be a pest battle thread for a minute to see if I can get control of these guys. Once these cuts root I am going to combine OG Biowar root and foliar packs into a compost tea to multiply the beneficials. Using Coots strategy of a thick layer of castings mixed with neem meal. I added some insect frass too.

These beneficials contain parasitic fungi that colonize the aphids and rip them up. I’m hoping I have results as good as the images below. Wish me luck, I’m going to need it!

8 Likes

Unkind news about the aphids but I’m glad to see your making lemonade with your thread. I admire your determination and I’m gonna sneek in and come along for the ride. Best of luck in your endeavors! :grin::peace_symbol:

6 Likes

Welcome aboard @CruJones! This sounds like a good one! I’d love to learn about this dogwalker og! Looking forward to the bud show :+1:

3 Likes

A bunch of full jars help soften the blow, lol. Using it as a learning experience. If I cannot get control I’ll toss it all, let the room sit for a few weeks then pop some seeds.

Rice root aphids do not typically lay eggs in indoor environments from what I’ve read and will die off after a few days with no plant material.

4 Likes

I’m really interested in watching this strain gonna get a chair and I have beverages and welcome to the OG community @CruJones and I’m loving the setup and I hope you are able to get rid of the bugs Happy Growing The Doc

2 Likes

Where do you think the root aphids came from?

1 Like

A cutting most likely

4 Likes