Sons Of Avery's Organic Grow Journals

So when growing organically venting into same room is probably not a idea?

I’m on android too, and I think any variation in reading between android devices will be down to the type of camera they use.
I’d seen a video YouTube clips a while ago with people comparing the app with an actual high end meter. And the results were pretty close, obviously not exact, but enough to give an idea of where I’m at.

I currently have this small tent in an understairs cupboard, which most of the day vents just into the cupboard. We do have the cupboard door open for time during the day though so that sir is exchanged quite regularly.

1 Like

Thermometer and hygrometer arrived the other day, hooked it up to the WiFi, so I can get remote readings. Welcome to the future :sunglasses: :rofl:

Looks pretty steady now, there is a slight swing when lights go off temps down a few degrees, and humpty up 7-8% but that’s to be expected. Come flower time, I’ll be using a dehumidifier at lights off to keep the swings from being too extreme.

2 Likes

Not much else to show right now, I decided to plant the seeds in small pots before transplanting once they’re a few inches tall. I’d had seeds not take when I’d planted them directly last time, so I’m being (over) cautious.

Worms are loving that little spot under the pots though haha. 🪱

Some cover crop poking through as well now!

9 Likes

@HorseBadorites @ReikoX @minitiger @Esrgood4u @nube @G-paS @Gpaw @LegsMahoney @BigMike55 @supershitfuck

Sorry to bother you all, just wanted to drop a few tags for some peeps who followed along on my last round. Incase you were interested in my new set-up!
All good if you don’t give a shit, haha :rofl: apologies for bothering you

:v:

10 Likes

Looks like a great line up!

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

@SonsOfAvery

I do give a shit, I’ve even gift wrapped a little turd just for you, lol! Nah, glad to see you back at it, and with what looks like a nice set up.

Sucks about losing your vault, but if you need/want any of your Soul Mate F2’s, I think I’ve got a few… and they are very good :yum:

Might have some chemmy stuff coming, I’ll let you know… in the meantime, I’ll see an empty corner :slight_smile:

7 Likes

If HorseBadorites likes ya, you must be cool. I’m taking a seat :+1:

2 Likes

haha yoo where you been bro? i mean i read your post and i know, but you know what i mean lol, i havn’t been on there a lot either but imma pheno hunt some stuff pretty soon

you made that damn light, props to you! welcome back and welcome to organic that soil looks legit to me

3 Likes

Not a bother at all, happy to follow along. Did I follow your last round? Haha. I can’t remember. Wha’d you grow? When was that? Sorry, my memory sucks. It musta been a while ago, though, right?

4 Likes

I’ll be watching buddy dont worry. I love learning how other people grow as it often gives me ideas for my own future grows. Good luck :+1:

1 Like

@HorseBadorites hahaa it’s all fertiliser :poop:
Yeh gutted my seed stash is gone, but if you do have a few of those Soul Mate f2s kicking about, I might hit you up for those sometime.
I lost like 200+ of those :cry: :sob:

@supershitfuck yeh the light has been a bit of an evolution, my first two DIY attempts did the job, but I feel like I’ve hit my stride with this one, plus the wiring is much tidier now.
What do you plan on hunting? If I had the space I’d love to hunt some Bodhi Packs

@minitiger it’s all good! Not sure if you’d followed but I know you’d dropped by a few times. It was this one Bodhi Soulmate f2 grow & f3 / S1 making

5 Likes

bro i still have those you sent me too, i feel bad i never grew 'em but now if you need 'em back they are yours of course

for sure some freeborn selections packs, crickets and cicada puck BC3, triangle kush S1s, maybe some guerilla fume F2s i made but i have two keepers of those so maybe not

the space is nice but i don’t have time! i think imma do 100 1gal pots, and reveg the standouts, should be easier that way

4 Likes

100 x 1gal sounds like a good way to get a varied population. Would love to see that ! And Truangle Kush s1s sound good too.

If you don’t have plans for the Soul Mate f2 beans, I’d happily take some back, and I’ll cover the postage too.

2 Likes

Not sure if anyone has any experience with yhis sort of thing, or know anyone that has done this.

My container is this 60x60x30 fabric bed, with the hollow pvc pipe frame.

I forgot to take pictures as I set it up, but I basically did this to the pipe all along the bottom edges, (pic is just example).

I guess I was thinking it would help aeration within the soil. I even wondered if it might be a good way to add water to the bottom of the bed. I havnt added any water down there yet, as I didn’t want to overwater in the early stages and fuck it up lol. But as they get into late veg and flower, I might give it a try.

3 Likes

A vertical pipe in the middle of the soil at about half depth might be more interesting for watering.
Closing it off with a lid or something to prevent gnats laying their eggs at the bottom.
Then you can topdress with all kinds of mulch and let it all dry out and decompose at its own pace.

2 Likes

@Rogue
That would probably be better than water the edges yeh.
Like I say I hadn’t intended to put water down there, but knowing I put the hole in the pipe, I kind of want to try it hahaa :sweat_smile: I basically added unnecessary temptation to my grow.

2 Likes

Simple and easy is the most joyful way when it comes to organic growing. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Everything in life really.

3 Likes

Say that again!!

I’m an artist, and its a constant struggle to put the pen/brush/spray down and walk away when I paint haha.

With my plants, I just love the process of caring for them, I’m genuinely fascinated by them.
I find myself tinkering and looking for more things I can do. But like you say simpler is better.

4 Likes

Observing is less tiring and free. :+1:

I have discovered that I learn a lot more from observing than doing.

3 Likes