Doober's grow

Hey Everyone - Thought I’ld post a few pics from the current indoor grow. All these pics are from roughly 10 days ago.

Below is a Chocolate Diesel S1 from Useful Seeds that I reversed and collected pollen from. It is one of two S1s I reversed, but unfortunately the other one, which was a shorter pheno, did not give any pollen.

I pollenated a bunch of different plants with this pollen. All the pics below were taken just before pollenation, about 10 days ago. Most importantly to me, I pollenated two other Choc. Diesel S1s, one is a taller pheno and the other is a shorter pheno. Below is a pic of the taller pheno :

and here is a pic of the shorter pheno :

Also excited about this Chem D (from Schwaggy Seeds) which got some dust

Below is one of the Black Lime Special Reserve ; also got some dust :

Here’s one of the Mint Chocolate Trip just before pollenation :

And lastly, here is one of the Hells Angel OG (Schwaggy Seeds) before some pollen :

32 Likes

Looks pretty cool the “male” look nice

4 Likes

Thanks @Naptown916. Took 4 or 5 sprays of STS to reverse her. Was also pleased I was able to coax out as much pollen as I did on this one, since the other one had no pollen inside the nanners.

5 Likes

I like your style! Schwags is an all time favourite! And Useful was a brother and exceptional breeder as well. Very nice! That HAOG is such a gem of a strain, absolute pain annihilation!

7 Likes

Thanks bro ! Yeah, can’t go wrong with Schwaggy or Useful. Never smoked the HOAG before, but looking forward to it. Those HOAG have some shiny green leaves, even into mid-flower.

5 Likes

Ya they are always a deep green and have that sheen that is unmistakable. It’s actually one of a couple identifiers for me. She’s an all time favourite of mine, top ten no question, and medicinally one of the best for me. But she stretches like a bitch!

3 Likes

Yeah, she did stretch. I LST’d her, like I did the others, but she stretched more than the others.

3 Likes

She definitely goes heavy on that aspect I can’t wait until you smoke her, if it’s an option I’d take cuts :wink:

4 Likes

Nice looking plants.

:green_heart: :seedling:

3 Likes

Thanks G-paS !

2 Likes

Here’s some of the plants around the 8 week mark, most of which have been somewhat pollenated with a reversed Chocolate Diesel S1 from Useful Seeds.

First up is a Choc Diesel S1 (Useful)

Next is a Mint Chocolate Trip (Useful)

And here is the Chem D BX 1 (Schwaggy)

Next is a Hells Angel OG BX4 (Scwaggy)

Last is a Black Lime Special Reserve (Useful)

12 Likes

Today was harvest day for the two Black Lime Special Reserve (BLSR) F5. Right around the 10 week mark.

The two Black Lime Special Reserve (BLSR) F5 are similar in structure. BLSR #1 had kind of droopy leaves throughout flower, but has the loud, straight limey terps. BLSR #2 has no droop, and a combo terp of lime and funk, and the colas are slightly smaller, though still a decent yield. I would grow these plants again in a heartbeat !

Here are pics before they get hung. (the small white circular things on branches in the 2nd pic is where it got pollenated with a reversed Choc. Diesel.)

Also harvested the two Hells Angels OG BX4 (HAOG). Terps were a little subdued with earth/limey or lemon/hint of gas. Golf ball nugs. These babies were the tallest in the tents. Can’t wait to smoke these!

The Chem D BX1 also came down today. Earthy subdued terps. A healthy plant throughout the grow.

And the two Chocolate Diesels also got harvested. They were both lovely plants with great structure and very good yields. I think the heavy yields were just one reason Useful used this strain for so many breeding projects. Choc. D. #1 was a shorter pheno with loud and sharp sweet/spice/lemon terps. Choc. D. #2 a taller pheno with slightly less loud terps , but lacking the lemon part. Both were dusted with the reversed Choc. D. pollen, so hopefully there will be a lot of seeds ! I can see seeds here and there, but am unsure of the quantity right now.

11 Likes

Looking tasty in here! How long are you going to cure before we get a smoke report?

3 Likes

Thanks for checking in Cannabiscrusader !
I usually like to let it dry for 1-2 weeks, then cure for at least 2 weeks before I smoke test it. It’s been hanging for about 10 days, so give it another couple weeks.

4 Likes

Looking forward to it Doobs!

2 Likes

@Cannabiscrusader and others - Quick smoke report on a few strains used in the Choc. Diesel crosses I recently made.
The Choc Diesel S1 (Useful) was pollenated all over by the Choc. D (rev), so instead of my usual dry and cure, I purposely over-dried this one to make it easier to remove all the seeds. The downside of doing this is that it wipes out the nice terps. But I think the Choc. D. might have been the most powerful sativa leaning high of the bunch. The HAOG BX4 and the BLSR F5 were similar in effect, again creating a clear head high that was good for daytime, though maybe a tad weaker than the Choc D. While the HAOG had the OG terps and a bit of lemon cleaner action, the BLSR was the winner in terps and taste with her limey (and a little funk thrown in, depending on the pheno) goodness. The Chem D. BX1 was the one for me that took home the prize for physical relaxation and slowing me down. Nothing in the way of rank terps on her though; just a mild earthiness really.
Each of these strains has great genetics in their own right, so they’re really all winners in my book !

5 Likes

Sounding tasty man! My favorite part of growing is quality control. I painstakingly puff a prepared sample from each jar weekly.

2 Likes

200w (6)

What was the stone/high like on the Mint Chocolate Trip ladies? :popcorn:

2 Likes

Hey @Agreenpassion !

Have you grown the MCT? If not, put her on your to-do list ! They really were a joy to grow.

Nice structure, medium height, not much stretch. Mostly the same phenos among the 4 females - medium size, nice fade, nice looking buds, good yield. The terps are complex - tropical/sweet/minty. Didn’t really pick up on any chocolate. Buds are somewhat dense and sticky, full of resin. After a 2 week cure, terps became more piney/minty, which comes thru on dry hit. Joint smoke was pretty smooth. Taste was piney minty . And now to answer your question - I got high pretty quickly after a few hits. Nice balanced high for a couple hours that found me groovin’ to some old music. Moderate strength.

4 Likes

No, @Doober I’ve not grown MCT. But I got some beans a little while back from a nice fella. I am planning to grow 5 this October. Just wanted to get your take on this classic Useful strain. Thanks
tropical sweet minty sounds nice :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes