Double tent grow (vets growin meds)

hey how is everyone out there in the overgrow community!? i must admit i’m super excited that this site has found a new existence.

Figured since I signed back up I might as well participate instead of lurking like the 2000’s. It’s legal (medical) where I’m at so that makes it a lot less worrisome.

Anyhow, my setup. 4x4 next to a 4x8. A 4’ t5 & 520a bloom beast light up the veg tent, and 2 hoods with dimmable 1k watt bulbs light up the bloom tent. Any further advice and constructive criticism is always welcome.

23 Likes

lookin amazing!!

welcome back to the show man!

3 Likes

Nice start @doublecalhoun !

Looks like you have been doing this a while.

Nice.

3 Likes

Very nice work @doublecalhoun!

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Welcome! Looking good - I look forward to seeing more! I’ll be keeping an eye on this one.

What strains are we looking at here? Media? Nutes?

1 Like

hell yah man! nice to not be looking over your shoulder and to be safe sharing your good work

1 Like

Those look like some happy girls.
Love the avatar!
Good hunting Veteran!

1 Like

hey hey, i’ll start to add some photos of the progression as i chop down a few close to their time, and move in new plants from the veg/mother tent.

top photo on the left are all Headband, 2 plants on the far left are bloom day 28, the middle is around bloom day 14.
the right side, and also middle photo, are new-ish, i birthed them on 4/20 !! they are an unknown cookies cross from atf_genetics
bottom photo is those same atf_genetics at day 60 from seed, i made the collage for instagram to show some roots.

basically my soil is just standard ocean forest or happy frog stuff, whatever the grow store has. more recently i bought a bag of “roots” soil and probably might go with that brand again. super impressed.
as far as nutes i started out doing compost teas with earthworm castings, azos, mykos and fox farm bloom booster. that got old quick and i spent about $110 on a few different things from “advanced nutrients” pretty much based on the recommendation of the dude at the grow store. i’m quite sure he was just doing his sales just but honestly i have no complaints about the nutes. next grow i plan on getting 2 plants to flower, then doing an experiment feeding one with tea and one with the advanced nutrients line.

1 Like

yah advanced nutes work well but your over paying no doubt. But it does work

1 Like

this is the headband at bloom day 30 or so, then my sort of average stats in the veg* room.
sometimes the temp creeps up in the middle 80s but for the most part it hangs around 79.

*edit – the rh here is a little high in my veg room, it’s dropped since I took out the humidifier altogether and installed fans. the bloom room is somewhere around 40, waiting for a new reading now.

6 Likes

do you keep your humidity there through out flowering?

1 Like

oh no, the bloom room hangs around 40% and there are 2 box fans on high blowing the trees around

1 Like

nice i was wondering i didnt see the bottom picture so i saw day 30 flower and the top pic lol

1 Like

Welcome Back @doublecalhoun. Your plants are lookin’ great!

1 Like

whatup overgrowers, hope all’s well in your corner of the world.

i’ve got a little perpetual system going on where i harvest a few plants every month. i decided to try to stack my last few by exactly a month so i’d be able to see some good differences in the growth process. here’s my lemon OG pine cross at days 28 and day 58 respectively.

i think the younger ones are going to end up doing a little better. they were vegged for a few extra weeks and i feel like they are responding better to the food. i’m gonna let these go to 65 days or so, maybe even a few longer. most the leaves are still really really green.

thanks for lookin, keep on growin!

4 Likes

Love those before and afters. :camera:

Nice work!

1 Like

@doublecalhoun bud , how is the older version got it harvested i presume … how long ago did you take the 1st and how’s your 2nd set coming on.?
Any updates and pics mate.?!
Looks good.
Happy growing/smoking ,
Gaz

1 Like

B U M P

hey hey OverGrowers

sorry its been a while, i’ve been busy but that hasnt stopped me from growing, just from being as frequent with posts. anyhow, here’s what i’ve got going on lately.

i’ve had a couple successful harvests from the tents & have been steadily increasing my knowledge in the grow. i seem to be managing the environment better, as my dried flower is coming out much much nicer. way more aromatic & a completely new level of resin.

i’ll start off with what i’ve just harvested & then try to get to some photos of my current state of dank in the tents. thanks for stopping to check out the grow!

ps big shout out to all the active members who help contribute to my knowledge base, i sure do appreciate it

here’s my OG Kush. bloomed for 56 days & flushed for the final 10. it’s been hanging for just under a week now & smells oh so nice.

this is a different pheno of that same OG Kush seed. a bit more dense than the other more purple variety, this one smells equally as intoxicating.

here’s the sativa, the strawberry headband. much less dense than the Kush’s but this is so far so good.

5 Likes

heres the frosted headband, grew the last round of these & the genetics are no more.

6 Likes

this is that first pheno of OG kush and i’d need somebody much more advanced than myself to describe the flavor. it’s like a smooth red wine, sort of bitey but also a mellow fruity thing going on.

5 Likes