Dr. Bruce Bugbee Appreciation

My goodness. Thank you Dr. Bugbee wherever you are. I love a great lesson given by a great speaker. Dr. Bugbee has my appreciation. I know I’m not alone.

Been casually watching his lecture on indoor hemp production

Very informative.

17 Likes

Dr. Bruce Bugbee

5 Likes

This one I do not know… :thinking:

This one I love, and I have posted just about all his videos somewhere.
He is my go-to source for light science.

I love that he is not too stiff to talk about cannabis.

4 Likes

Ha! I’ll correct! That explains why I wasn’t able to wiki him! :joy:

1 Like

Thanks for the correction. The guy is great. :relaxed:

2 Likes

i grow using the method on

and i have some other of his videos organized here

8 Likes

https://scienceinhydroponics.com/blog-archive

Make your own nutrients for pennies! Free program that even has cannabis veg formulas. He is working in conjunction with Dr. Bugbee :+1:

3 Likes

Great method and so straight forward. Really have to like this guy and how he makes things so simple :+1::+1::+1:

4 Likes

Agreed, he provides so much solid information! Aside from the great info he provides though, what I love most is the HUGE slide rule hanging up in his classroom. My wife was like, what the hell is that big yellow thing hanging on the wall? (She’s a little younger than I am.)

5 Likes

That’s funny my instructors always talked about the slide rule days and they worked :+1: Nice to talk to you @mota fun place to be. Old days we had it a lot harder but we had lower expectations so…:grin:

3 Likes

It’s true, the damn things were a real challenge to learn to use (and it’s not as if I learned to do many things on them). Shit, my instructors expected me to learn to use the damn thing xwi2Y3G , so I’m not sure we had lower expectations. rofl

Nice to talk with you, @Cactus!

3 Likes

Yep and then came Texas Instruments and IBM! Yea barely missed out on all that fun!

4 Likes

I think I pretty much did miss out. By the time I was thrown out of the entire L.A. School District in 1967 (then 122 schools!), those early TI calculators were just becoming seriously popular among students. I basically only heard about them, although, of course, I literally saw them. I don’t believe I ever owned one at the time. I was far more interested in our favorite plant! Pot leaf hopper

4 Likes

Big big fan of Dr. Bruce Bugbee. Would love to be able to sit into one of his classes at Utah state.

4 Likes

Yes very tempted to look into it

1 Like

you have a grade school understanding of language. i have no prob being called a cult member - its just that your post had no point other than to scratch your ego and show us your nasty rash. (and no, i didnt flag you)

could you please bring something to the table? we tend to respond to meaningful/useful discussion in this forum. i assume you’re not a child, you don’t need to pull our hair to get our attention, that would be trollitup.

6 Likes

@A1Sauce
I agree, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable, why not share that knowledge and educate the class? :star_struck:
I would love to hear what is really on your mind.
But you may be having too much fun stirring the pot… :shushing_face:

Peace
Shag

5 Likes

They’re offering a 2023 course that’s 1k. It’s a little steep for a pre-recorded course imo, but if I had the money, I would do it.

2 Likes

Wrong place to post.

I want to back you up in fairness to what I think you’re seeing here. This is internet 2022 and people really have moved to cutting out the bash banter to skip right to the knowledge. It’s seen as soft by you, but from the receiving side they see it as junk data / noise in the matrix, to be snuffed right out like buggy code. No one wins.

Bugbee Pros:

• Legitimate scientist, one of few people on earth with credentials like this also sharing cannabis knowledge, has internet presence and has shared downright useful, basic tidbits of information regarding soiless media DTW cultivation of indoor cannabis, mostly by sharing the system USU uses to cultivate and study the plant.

Edit, example: Study info shared on Wollastonite and it’s ability to sustain Si levels in media over a run. Amazing.

Bugbee Cons:

• Big AG interests, grant money, self-motivated commercial interests, it’s all interesting. I mean we’re watching him scribble DLI equations on his Apogee Instruments youtube page using selected figures from a cheesy slide deck. And it’s all fine and well until he puts USU work results, paid for by (insert special interest here) behind a 1,450 foot paywall. Edit again, these aren’t MY feelings… I’m just relaying what others have levied my way here.

When I would post about Bugbee on reddit, I got a LOT of private messages about being leery of him, being careful of him. It was WEIRD! So if he’s got a cult following, he also has an inverse cult hating him. They see him as a false prophet.

8 Likes