SPAM + dr.bugbee method journal

Controlling humidity here has been a b… but the V4 chilled pucks seem to outperform the other tents.

These are the Apex/Killer Glue under V2 growmau5/chilled pucks

The autos are doing their thing… today they will be joined by the ghost train haze, future 1, and lilac diesel. I added another light, the veg room has an atreum and viparspectra.

And… i need an automation system. i try to keep it stable but it isnt easy manually.

6 Likes

Technically this is the beginning of the perpetual. I placed 5 GTH, 5 Lilac Diesel and 2 Future #1 on Feb 14 at night. Four in total have sprouted, all Lilac Diesel. Same thing happened with Ethos Apex last time, apparently super viable seeds.

So four Lilac Diesel have joined the autos in the veg space.

Apex, Killer Glue and GG4 S1 are doing well.

11 Likes

Ditching the autos and running perpetual. This is my kind of spot right here :wink:. I grew one plant of the future #1. Was good smoke. Might drop an ethos cross with the lilac diesel soon. Definitely interested in your thoughts on those, in time of course.

3 Likes

which one?

i have done a lot of research on it, and some ppl swear by it, others say the new stuff is not potent enough. like everything. ill def let you know how it turns out. so far, they have sprouted before anything else.

2 Likes

Thug roze. Freebie with a recent order.

2 Likes

I really like the aesthetic of the fan leaf dominance in late veg/early flower

10 Likes

10 Likes

WHERE DID THE TRICHOMES GO?

the last time I ran these same autos, they were FILLED with triches… funny thing is, last time they had a bit of a nitrogen toxicity and some calcium issues. Now, ive had no deficiencies or toxicities (i adjusted), but they do not look as trichome filled as last time… Im thinking of inducing a fckn nitrogen toxicity on purpose next time to see whats up. (not really, but dont know what went different)

Comparison of last run vs this run at the same stage.

Lilac Diesel and GTH growing. Future 1 runt in the bottom.

Apex, Gorilla Glue, and Killer Glue

13 Likes

Well, the feed is devoid of sulfur and you have softish water compared to Dr. B. You might be low of P too, since Dr. B updated that mix to have 50ppm P for many weeks before flower. Your Cu target of 1 PPM is 10x high but I doubt you were actually tuning your feed with that elemental list. Just ideas.

1 Like

hey @LD50 , thanks for your comments. It was my understanding that Gypsum has the sulfur (with calcium) I needed, plus tap. I use Phosphoric Acid as well for P (I was aware of the update). and my Cu is just what is contained in the Peters Lite Special, which is to 0.025%.

I also have epsom salts for Magnesium and Sulfur, but i havent seen any deficiencies.

2 Likes

Good stuff! I’m new here btw, long time lurker. Anyways did you end up using pelletized gypsum in the media? I was surprised just how little gypsum he actually adds per unit. I might use some solution grade gypsum in the feed through the next run instead of relying on media for the S. Are you using any microbes or innoculants?

2 Likes

I use a fine powder gypsum mixed in the medium. last time i did add more than recommended now that i think about it.

some mycorrhizae in the medium, but nothing major. I wish I had Tribus, that stuff is nuts and nothing on the market like it, but its too expensive to order where I live.

glad to see you joined in! would be great to learn from your grow and compare the method (I assumed you are doing the same method)

I’ll need to start a journal! Quick snippet, I’m using Jack’s clone as a base through the whole grow, targeting N, and adjusting the rest of the macros with a variety of inputs. Yep, many cheaper ways. I’m doing this in 7 gallon “airpots” w/ ProMix HP and Verm, Wollastonite, and pelletized gypsum. Cheers man.

2 Likes

the tent with the Chilled V4 pucks outperforms the other two again. I took a clone of a gg4 that flowered on the Chilled V2 tent and put it to flower in the V4 tent this time and it is growing much much better than in the V2 tent. Im not sure if its only the lights, but there arent many variables in my grow. Im thinking i will get myself more of those V4 pucks…

Anyway, to the pictures.

These are the autos

GG4 clone in late week 3 of flower doing much better in the Chilled Puck V4 tent than in the V2

I didnt take photos of the V2 tent because it was already lights out. but will take some tomorrow.

13 Likes

Both finishing week 5 or starting week 6 of flower i believe.

GSC Auto - FB

Blue dreammatic Auto - FB

13 Likes

some more of the same plus pet hair.

14 Likes

more photos.

I got two different phenos from Apex, one has a lemon-sweet scent and the other is a flowery sweet scent. the flowery looks more interesting. both on week 5 maybe (6 from flipped)

next up, Killer Glue and GG4 S1, both on week 5 maybe (6 from flipped)

GSC and Blue Dream from Fastbuds and Bruce Banner from Sweet Seeds

13 Likes

apex (sweet pheno) and gg4

15 Likes

Dam son!!! Lots of frost in there. Some great colors

1 Like

thanks, yield on the apex seems a bit low, but well see if it makes up with a good smoke.