Draig-n-LZ's indoor grows

Hey there everyone,

We recently started 2 each of Icy Grape, Ancient OG and Meigs OG from Copa Genetics along with some Turkish Domesticate/Landrace from Kwik Seeds with 100% germination.

Despite a rocky start, Lady Zandra had to go out of town for an extended weekend just as the seedlings got their first true set of leaves and they got over watered and looks like the 50/50 mix of Ocean Forest with the Promix, might have been a bit strong as they look have a bit of nitrogen toxicity, but they are turning around. LZ grabbed the wrong bin during planting, as she usually used just Promix on seedlings.

The older seedlings are 2 Lebanese Domesticate/Landrace from Bekaa Valley also from Kwik Seeds an American source for their sister site TRSC.
We also have a really nice North Indian Bakery from Strayfox which is is Tom Hill’s North Indian x Iraqi.

We plan on doing some open pollination with Landrace currently we have 25 Lebs and 26 Turks seeds. Just wanted to pop a couple to get a feel for how they grow before we pop a large group.

The larger 2 plants are Sugar Black Rose AKA Black Sugar Rose and Cannatonic which are soon to go into flower

The reason I chose Lebanese and Turkish is the possible higher amounts of CBD to THC and the nostalgia of the 70’s blonde and red Leb hash…Yum.

As I said rough start…

Copa Genetic’s Icy Grape, Ancient OG and Meigs OG

Notice there are actually 3 Turkish instead of 2 they are a little more sensitive to the nutes.

Here are the 2 Lebanese and the North Indian Bakery before transplant

This is the conjoined twin Lebanese. It’s odd because it started as one taproot and stem then grew two mains without ever being fim’ed or topped

Here they are after in five gallon fabric pots

Cannatonic from Resin Seeds

Sugar Black Rose AKA Black Sugar Rose found a seed in an 1/8 th LZ picked up at a dispensary as a surprise… had plenty of stash but was out of some strong meds for my insomnia. it also knocked out the pain! So for $25 + vet discount WTH… worth growing we’ll see

Both the Cannatonic and Sugar Black Rose are getting trimmed and and put into flower probably mon.

30 Likes

Looking good bromigo…

4 Likes

Nice! I am loving those twins.

:green_heart::seedling:

4 Likes

Thanks @PhilCuisine! they’re coming around.

@G-paS me too we’ve grown out hundreds of seed plants and have more than a few twins in a seed, but never sharing the same root system and stem. But she seem really healthy. Hoping she’s a keeper.

Thanks guys for stopping by and commenting!

4 Likes

Nice line up!

I am a big believer in growing out seeds found in Good Bud. :call_me_hand:

I’ll be tagging along …

4 Likes

Thanks @Maddawg! glad to have you on board!:+1:

Yeah, at first I was a little upset considering I haven’t bought weed in ages and the first bud I broke up had 2 seeds, lol but after I smoking, it tasted delicious and man this bud it checked all the boxes for me and my ailments.

Unfortunately, no more seeds in the remaining buds. Oh well. I called the dispensary and they said they’ve never had any complaints with the SBR…so I got Lucky! Will keep an eye out for signs of intersex but I’m pretty sure this was not Genetic.

3 Likes

Yeah…Unfortunately, with all that’s been going on around here, our girls haven’t had the TLC that I usually give them.
I Had to be away for almost a whole week, and unfortunately, since his stroke, Draig can’t get to the Grow room… so had to leave it to someone that has never tended plants before-- but they tried- and at least the plants didn’t die from dehydration!
That, plus I was in such a hurry to get the new sprouts planted before I left-- that I accidentally used the wrong soil mix.
Today they got put in bigger planters of just Promix – they should straighten out in a few days.
I don’t usually mix in the Ocean Forest, but soil is so difficult to get around here, so when I found it- I nabbed it! Figured it would be OK to mix into the Promix for bigger gals…forgot how hot Ocean Forest can be!
Tomorrow I clone and trim…getting ready for 12/12 on Tuesday…
So far, I really love working with the Land-Race strains!
Can’t wait to see how they bud-up, and to start breeding again!! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It sounds like you are getting it strengthen out.

I know how you feel coming home after a week away. They try but it is never as you would have.

:green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Yeah… well, we lost almost everything when Draig had his stroke…the garden was NOT on my mind at the time- so didn’t think to have someone at least water the girls for the week I was gone…
Am one of those people ‘spinning too many plates’’ all too often… but getting more focused and Draig is able to advise, ask what’s going on, and spot issues from the photo’s I bring him…so that helps! Working on getting new genetics to breed with and re-working some of our crosses soon as I have another room set-up!
woman-plate-spinning 2

4 Likes

Well-- figured outa HUGE problem!
My pH meter is fucked!
Had been using/calibrating- no problem… seemed to be reading spot-in…but had run out of calibration liquid- had to wait on Amazon…
Went to calibrate-- and it went ape-shit! in 7.0 solution went from 7 to 12 then down to 3…all over the place…went to use the screw in the back to adjust it— and it’s not there!
Apparently, it broke-off inside last time I adjusted and I didn’t know it.
SO: our gals are faring pretty damned well considering their pH has been all over the damned place!! Just put in an order for a new meter-- luckily have a pH test kit for emergencies!!!

4 Likes

Happy 4th of July to my fellow Americans! :fireworks:*:fireworks::sparkler:

@G-paS I think so too. One thing about our water is we have a well so the ph is never consistent as city water so a good working ph meter is must. I think she’s good to go.

@Lady.Zandra63 Thanks babe you’re doing great with dispite everything else you’ve got to deal with.

My first thought was PH especially with the new Copa gear and the Turkish but I also know FFOF can run hot for starting seeds… They may recover but time will tell. The others also look a little heat stressed with some leaf curling and new twisted growth, the light is far enough away from the tops so it could also be the fan is too close and causing wind burn.

babies july 1st2022
Copa Genetics Ancient Og, Icy Grape, Meigs OG, Trsc Turkish. VIctims of broken ph meter and unintentional neglect.

TRSC Bekka Valley Lebanese pheno #1, BV Lebanese twin pheno and Strayfox’s North Indian Bakery all things considered, especially the Lebs being Landrace, they are doing fine.

Twin pheno

Pheno 1 taller with more branching not as compact.

Black Sugar Rose hanging in there. Waiting for her to recover before the switch.

Cannatonic seem less affected

All in all it could be worse but it goes to show without good stable tools such as a ph meter and a ppm/ec meters things can go wrong.

Hopefully our next update will show some improvement.

Thanks my friends :peace_symbol:

9 Likes

Hi @Draig i take sit here to see how looks at the flora, especially the ancient og. I buy some bodhi og crosses last week hehehe.
Hope you doing great whit that ph issues. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Yeah… the babies are recovering fast with a replant into larger pots of just pro-mix… a couple already doubled in size just since yesterday!!!
The others will take a bit longer to recover, but they will now that we have the pH under control and moved the fans!!! :wink:

4 Likes

@OkkasGrowing…Thanks for stopping by! We got the Ancient OG f3 from Copa Genetics as their freebies. They were originally bred from Bodhi’s F1 stock. They seem the hardiest of the Copa gear all.our youngest seedlings.

Peace :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Nice to hear that, for sure there are fire, i dont know copa genetics, but if they work with bodhi strain, for sure they has a good job too. :facepunch:
If you make f´4 plz tell me! :green_heart:

1 Like

@OkkasGrowing I’m hoping something good will come out of them we only had 10 seeds from two 5 pack freebies, with that said it isn’t impossible to find parent keepers with F3 stock to make F4. I also noticed Copa is now selling the Ancient OG F3 in bulk at $200 US for 100 seeds. 2 bucks per reg seed! Can’t beat that for pheno hunting IMO
If we do, we’ll share with you and the community for sure buddy. :peace_symbol:

2 Likes

To anyone that is newer to growing-- or just getting older and more forgetful like I am…
I never thought writing down EVERYTHING was too important…I mean, I’ll remember what soil I use-- right?
Unfortunately- I just realized I used Ocean Forest NOT Happy Frog-- I mixed-up the two in my thought process… I used to mix Happy Frog in a 1:3 ratio… it’s not that '‘hot’ so worked great.
Ocean Forest is a stronger/hotter soil-- and is NOT a straight-up acceptable substitute- and that is what I screwed-up this grow!!
Between that, a broken pH meter, and a faulty fan-- Draig and I figured out what is going on in there…
Will keep y’all apprised of the changes/reactions.
WRITE DOWN ALL the products you use every time, and how your plants like it!!
3+ years from now, especially if you change things up now and again, you may forget!

6 Likes

That is my life theme too :rofl:

:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

We haven’t updated in a while but @Lady.Zandra63 took some more updated pics and showed me some comparison shots that I’ll share, from when they were younger and though they’ve continued to have rough life it shows they are still hanging in there and growing.

She’s has been using old school PH test stips and we need a new EC/PPM. meters which should arrive any day.

Copa Genetics and Turkish

5 Likes

North Indian Bakery

Tall Lebanese

Twin Lebanese

9 Likes