Drip feed timing schedule for hyroton in Rhizo pots

Hi OG gang,
I’m trying to get to grips with a watering schedule for my system.
I’m growing in a 60x60 Wilma system with 11/12 litre Rhizo pots. I’m using the blue fast drippers and my medium is hydroton pebbles.
I started off with them running 24/7 and it’s was all good untill about a 2 weeks ago. My plants are autos running under solstrips 24/7 .
I have had several issues which seem PH nutrient lockout related, but the plants also seem overwatered. I put them on 6hrs on/off for a couple of days and they didn’t look so perky this morning… I’ve changed my watering to 3hrs on 3 hrs off…
However I thought it sensible if I asked your advice…
What sort of schedule would you guys recommend for my setup. Ps plants are 5 weeks and flowers starting setting in nicely…

I run my drippers 15 minutes ever 2-3 hours, so you can easy take your feeding time down.

Messure your pH, then you will soon know if it’s pH related or not. Im guessing it’s pH and impropper nutrient ballance.

Temps, air exchange rates, Ec, pH and water temps are all very important info.
And nobody will truely be able to give you the correct help, unless you provide these kind of info.

We can only come with estimated guesses, and it will take for ever to guess what is wrong.
I can run my drippers 24/ with out overwatering symptoms, but the growth is not optimal doing so.
Im faily sure I got some info on my watertime experiments, in my thread “The Hack shack and other tall tales”
Either way you should be able to find solid info, on how I set up everything, my different feeding times I have used and why.

Happy growing!

1 Like

Cheers @Palindrome
I’ve been reading through your post… it’s a good long read :grin:
Sorry For the missing info, I have PH 5.7 EC14 res temp 22c cab temp 24+, air exchange via a fan EcoTecnics fanspeed controller set to 30c & RH 40% controller , actual RH in the cab @60% +
I have had what I believe to be PH related issues I did have it held at 5.5 it was suggested by @ReikoX that that could be locking out phosphorus calcium etc. So I’ve added plenty of plain water and held the PH stable 5.7 - 5.8 For a couple of days. I just wanted to get the water schedule down. I would not want to go too far the other way… drown to drought :grin::grin:

1 Like

Then I would keep it around 5.7-5.8 pH for another few days, and see how the new growth develops.

The damaged canopy, can be hard to correct and often takes much longer, then the new growth.
Try to take some detailed/clear pictures of the new growth, over the next few days and you should have a better view.
And we can better see if they are recovering, or if you maybe should bump your pH a bit further up.

What nutrients are you using?

22C water temps, are IMO a bit high. If you are heating it, I would set the thermostat around 19C
If not, shorter waterings might help to keep it a bit cooler.

1 Like