Drying in a wine cooler—Any advice?

My buddy is moving across the country and giving me his wine cooler. I’m especially interested in drying in the fridge. Does anyone have any tips, ideas, or thoughts?

3 Likes

If you seard wine cooler you can find info

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t use it for dry but I do have a wine cooler to store my jars.

3 Likes

Yes, but unfortunately I couldn’t find any more than a few mentions here and there. But hopefully I can change that by documenting my experiments in this thread

Just took possession of a used wine fridge that I’m going to use with usb fans and some humidity packs to try to dry!

I’ll post results here, but I won’t be harvesting anything for 7-8 weeks.

2 Likes

So, this morning I took down 14” Space Cake plant and stuffed it directly in the wine fridge at 46 degrees with a fan and a big Boveda 58 pack. Let’s see what happens!

1 Like

I don’t know if that would be too cold, the optimal temperature for drying should be between 65 and 70 F … icon_e_confused|nullxnull

1 Like

You could take up drinking wine to compliment the weed. Put the wine in the fridge and use the top for a bong stand. You liver will thank you.

1 Like

They say that’s optimal, but I’m skeptical. I think a cooler dry will be better, but we will see….

As an 8 year sober alcoholic, I think that’s a great idea for someone other than me! :v:

1 Like

I agree with this. Many blessings and much love

1 Like

I know the microbes responsible of the cure process die with a humidity less than 50%, I wonder if they would be very happy with those cold temperatures and do their job, once dead they don’t come back … :roll_eyes:

Well, I hope :crossed_fingers: it works. If not, I only lose a little bud, but I won’t have to wonder.

1 Like