DWC, COBS, Critical, Violeta, Fruit Spirit, Royal Medic and Lemon Haze

Hello folks,

So looks like the plants will survive and well, let me share my small adventure at our comunity.

They got some pythium at the roots (the temps were like 28C on the roots, now they are close to 22).
As I was inspecting the roots like crazy was able to see the problem at the very beginning.
After some bennies tea (Elycitor + Bioponic Mix from GH) direct on the roots, everything looks ok now.
I am not super confident, the temps will just lower for the next weeks, so hopefully I will be able to finish this one.

A quick note: Even with lots of experience with Ebb&Flow and Soiless, this is only my second DwC grow. :slight_smile:

All that said, here is the Setup:
1m x 1m growing tent (Homebox Ambient)
Hydro system: Oxypot DWC 4 system (120 liters)
Lights: 4 x CXB3590 driven by HLG-320H-C2100A (75w each, about 300w total)
Some 150mm fan exaust (too lazy to check model) and carbon filter. Passive intake.
Air Pump: Hailea HAP80 with 4 x 15cm disks airstones (jacuzzi)
As the temperatures lower, will add a powerhead to move the water

The genetics:

Violet from “Ace Seeds”
Critical Cactus from “Cactus Martorell”
Lemon Silver Haze from “Royal Queen Seeds”
Fruit Spirit from “Royal Queen Seeds”
Royal Medic from “Royal Queen Seeds”

A little (more) background.
Don’t try it at home. :slight_smile:
5 distinct genetics can be a challenge on a small tent, but I just like variety.
But it is worse.
I started first the Critical and Royal Medic. Then like two weeks later I started to germinate the other 3.
Regrets ?
None

So will start from the beginning, here are the two pioneers, alone at the systems (so the ones that have no idea about the Oxypot 4 can take a look). You can see at the back other two pots. One have a dead Violeta egg (frist try) and the other is empty.

9 Likes

Lookin good. Any problen with heat runnig those cobs at 2.1 amps? Havnt seen anyone run them that hard yet.

3 Likes

Here are everyone already “at home” a bit before I added a net for scrog

7 Likes

Well, the heatsink run on the hot side, not just “a little warm” as at 50w.
(using 18mm heatsinks, I think that a small fan on top of each could help)

3 Likes

I was thinkig the same. You should totaly get a fan or two on them.

2 Likes

Some stalks

And finally how everyone is looking today:

Yeah, not super exciting veg plants, but they flipped yesterday. If everything goes well, soon we will have flowers.

11 Likes

Very nice, i wanna see the progress :slight_smile:

Just made my day. That’s a great attitude. And since you’re rolling with it, karma will repay. That canopy is looking pretty damn even. Genetics schmetics

So far which is more receptive to your grow style? Hydro/soilless/DWC? Cheers!

2 Likes

Very healthy looking ladies. Impressive… that bottom nodes/base of the stem looks beastly.

3 Likes

Looking happy indeed! Great growing!
Can’t wait to see that tent filled with a plethora of nugs…:smirk:

1 Like

I think the easiest method for me is Ebb&Flow. The buffer that the clay pellets offer help a lot to minimize your mistakes. I also never had any problem with root rot (or fear). Even with summers where 35c+ are expected. It is easy to flush if you want to, and almost impossible to overwater. The only problem with this method, for me, is that I am super lazy to wash the clay pellets at the start. I mean, I hate doing it. I hear that there are some pre-washed ones, but I never found them to sell. It is also super cheap to build.
I just added a topic to cover the Ebb&Flow system that I used most. Here you go:
2 liter bottle Ebb&Flow

DWC on other hand everything is faster, for good and evil. Your mistakes show faster but at least in my perception the plants also grow faster. There is almost no media to clean - YAY.
The main problem is that I fear root rot every single day, and the ghost to loose the entire harvest is always there.
As I said previously this is my second DWC grow, the previous one was success (just one plant at a 25l bucket recirculating to another 25l bucket, a small RDWC test if you want). Got about 200g, not much but for 1 small plant indoor not that bad too.
Here is the “system” (CFL early veg, bottom: DNA Tangielope (male, killed later), top Crockett’s Tangie

The return pump was not attached yet :slight_smile:

Final result (one plant - CFF Tangie)

This lady smell SO good, like the quality of the high too.

As for Soiless, they where my first grows, and man, even with tons of noob mistakes the plants survived and I got good results. I saw some amazing results with the same style that I used back in the day.

5 Likes

Hola!, Olá!
Você poderia me contar mais sobre o Violet de ACE? Essa variedade não a conhecia …
Salud! Cheers!

Well, I also don’t know much more than what the seed description says. It is a cross between “Purple Malawi” (A purple african sativa" and “Pakistan Chitral Kush” (a purple indica). I also read at some forum a grow where the grower was crazy about the smell. (and I confess: I have a “thing” for nice smells).
As I was looking for a purple lady for this multi-strain grow, this one got me interested :slight_smile:

So far she is vigorous (but of course not like the Critical and the Lemon Silver Haze that are real monsters).

So, some pictures…
Nice strong stems

She showed some beautiful purple colors at about 2-3 weeks, at the underside of the leaves:

Yeah, these are probably normal, but hey it is my first “purple” so let this old guy be excited

But right now almost all the purple disappeared, I think that soon It will show again here and there :yum:

For the smell it is a bit early to say.

7 Likes

That node spacing is F’n amazing. Little snip and those baby popcorns on the pellets. Nice job!

2 Likes

Small update.
Now a bit over a week in 12/12, the first hairs are starting to appear and the aromas are starting to develop.

Rubbing the stems I get these smell samples (super early, not the best method):
I am loving Violet smell (sandal and a bit floral). Hopefully will not taste a bit like soap vaping, but on nose it is really pleasant and getting interesting. Lemon Haze have no citric notes so far and I smell a bit of dog shit undertones there. Critical is a myriad of aromas that I am really liking so far. Fruit Spirit is sweet, but still too early for her and Royal Medic have that fruity critical thing on her too.

I have some big holes on my canopy so far:
The Fruit Spirit that I’ve got is super strong, fat stems, but somewhat short plant. Had to cut two beautiful stems that would never get light no matter how much I defoliate. So her side is a bit underdeveloped.
Violet is also a bit on the compact side (expected) but less than Fruit Spirit. Her side also have some roles.
Critical: This girl I had to spread a bit more than usual to cover the less vigorous sisters on her side, leaving a hole at her middle. There are shorter stems growing on the “hole”, a bit like a small arena and this hole is exactly bellow the light. I am curious how this will develop.
Lemon Haze is everywhere. As the middle plant had to spread her on all sides and this plant is the most vigorous of all.
Royal Medic is not something that I like. Is on the “tall, super flexible and not supporting herself stems type”. Is vigorous, but thin rubber branches everywhere. As I want some CBD rich thing she is not dead already.

So everything going more or less as expected. I got only a bit surprised with the Fruit Spirit that should be a sativa dominant girl and mine is a lot more indica. This happens, no biggie, this is what multi strains on a small tent is all about :smiley: .

They are drinking well, around 5 liters / day (1 liter each).
EC total in 1.6 (my water is 0.6), Ph 6.0. The EC was 1.8 and they showed a bit of overfed signs, so I lowered it a bit and plan to start slowly raising it again soon, but so far they look happy, pH is stable. The temperature is going down (finally) and today I have like 20C inside.

So here are some pictures, not the best, but I confess that I am not super excited to post pictures of early flower plants. But I plan to continue the weekly updates

Critical hairs

Here Lemon Haze top

The tent today

8 Likes

About two weeks now, so it is time for a small update.
Nothing really to see here, but well, if this is supposed to be a log of sorts I should try to keep everything here more or less up to date.
The Royal Medic was the last one to show hairs, and stretched a LOT, hopefully will slow down a bit from now on.
Violet side filled well too, and Fruit Spirit is too compact to be around the monsters here. But will finish well anyway as I am doing my best to reserve a space just for her <3
Critical and Lemon Skunk are vigor monsters.

I am happy with all these ladies. Each with his own lovely characteristics.

Critical Cactus

Lemon Haze

Violeta

Jungle

4 Likes

3 Weeks flowering update :slight_smile:
Filling up, some pH fluctuations, a bit of overburn on Critical and Violeta. Not much else.
Critical is by far the one filing up first.

Critical

Lemon Haze

Violeta

Tent

6 Likes

Ok, five weeks flowering, the times goes fast when we are having fun !

Critical is maturing up, will be the first to finish for sure.
Violeta is starting to fill, still stretching a bit.
Lemon Haze is also filling up nicely, getting fat (the pic that I got is not good, but trust me this girl promises. TONS of crystals)
Fruit Spirit also is fattening up:
Royal Medic is “meh” but well, was not expecting much from her. At least is showing some buds so there still hope :innocent:

So here are the pictures
Critical

Lemon Haze

Fruit Spirit (first appearance, she is shy)

Violeta

Tent

That’s all I have, stay tuned to the week 6 :yum:

9 Likes

Well, 6 weeks. The journey is ending for Critical. She is nearly ripe for my taste. I think that I will give her 1 more week, but will keep a close eye on the trichomes. She is still putting new hairs and fattening, so I am more relaxed.
Some pictures:

Some bud (looks the one behind was better, but too far and too lazy):

Some other one:

Some trichomes:

Other trichomes view from Critical:

So now I got some pictures from Super Lemon Haze. She is SO WHITE. Love her. Still have some good weeks to go.TIP: Zoom this picture to do justice for this lady. She is becoming BEAUTIFUL.

Super Lemon Haze trichs

So, as usual, a image from the whole team:

Today no pictures from Violeta, Fruit Spirit or Royal Medic. So lazy. Sorry for that :stuck_out_tongue:

@lotus710 now that the external temperature is about 20 the heatsinks are almost cold. Passive heatsinks and external heat (28 degrees+) not mix well.

9 Likes

i just got some violeta did they end up turning purple ?