Ecowitt WIFI - Monitor Temp humidity

That’s some high tech James Bond stuff. Very cool.

4 Likes

Those are sweet, the future is now lol. What humidity do you shoot for in your curing bags?

4 Likes

Putting them in those big bags for the last part of drying and the first part of curing looks like a good idea. Any downsides?

4 Likes

@beacher
@cannaloop

Usually down to around 60% in the turkey bags. I just treat them like big mason jars - same burping method. For up to a month max. Great for temporary storage of big amounts waiting to get trimmed. Lol

I dont like to keep it in the turkey bags for long term. They are not air tight like mason or good vacuum seal bags.

Lids! Lol. I’d rather be in trim jail than yank around burping dozens of mason jar jail.

Before the turkey bags, I hang the plants whole for 5-10 days.

9 Likes

I was wondering if you used turkey bags. No plastic smell at all and less clingy I’m guessing too, so there would be less chance of getting spots that were sweating too much.
Definitely will be trying this :+1:

1 Like

No smell when well sealed. I use velcro strips.

Some pics here.

3 Likes

Looking at their website, these also support soil moisture sensors and a bunch of other sensor types.

5 Likes

It’s usually the hobbyists that have the better ideas anyway. Not the pros bro.

Hoping I can get a few hours in the shed tonight to plumb it in and generally tidy up. Gonna tell my mate to go check for roots too. I’m literally short an air pump/manifold and 2 air stones. Plus whatever nutes I wanna run. Got a little dusty sack of vitalink clay pebbles and 6" ram circulation fan delivered yesterday.

@belch is very kindly sending me some 1120mm bridgelux strips. I’ll order a driver and fan/filter when I’m less broke lol

2 Likes

I think this may be on my birthday list, they look a lot better than the ones I buy that all vary by 2-3 degrees or % when compared to each other. Plus they are all wireless and can be viewed anywhere.

3 Likes

Initially only purchased the gateway, it includes 1 wireless indoor sensor.

After only a few days of testing I was a happy camper. Ordered more sensors.

3 Likes

It’d be interesting to see how these compare against the Sensorpush and Pulse units. I run Sensorpush all over the place (including in my curing buckets) and when I compared against a Pulse unit the variations was not enough to warrant the drastic increase in price for Pulse.

These ones are a little bit cheaper but they are quite a bit bigger than the Sensorpush units. Do they offer an open API to pull my data or are you stuck using their app? Have you tested how quickly alerts are fired?

2 Likes

Stuck these in deep. They worked.
But I kinda ignored them. did not put any time into testing. So cant speak to their value or function.

My bad timing. Lol
For the run above I rushed the 3gal into flower. Should have let it veg another week or 2 for roots to fill the pot.

Whereas the 2gal was several weeks overdue for flower.

5 Likes

The sensors update the gw1000 about every 60 seconds.

No info on api capabilities.

Personally. My background is IT, but resisting the urge to get too techno with growing. Started as a cobol programmer on mainframes. Ugh. Lol

5 Likes

@anon58740919
I was checking out the bridgelux.
They are very popular and seem to produce the dank.

3 Likes

These look cool. Currently running Sonoff TH16 for the same purposes but it doesnt have logging or pressure data which really interests me in this unit. Price is right too!

3 Likes

I’ve used a fair few varieties of light solstrips/clu038s/clu048s/MH/HPS/meizhis/CFLs. “White” LED is where it’s at. It’s dancing the cost to performance line that’s the hard part. This runs confirmed that I’ll never glance at a HPS again lol. I was going the bridgelux route anyway after seeing mr.sparkles thread and results. And because the 1120s are practically made for my tent :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Haha I learned COBOL and RPG back in the day myself, been programming my whole life really… My whole grow is automated and my sensors provide real-time info on my stream and to my dashboards in the house. Makes things a lot easier. :slight_smile:

I wonder how often they send that data to the cloud though. Shame there’s no API, that really limits their usefulness to me.

2 Likes

Their cloud web site might be an option to collect the data.

Flashbacks to when I used to do some basic ‘screen scraping’ back in 90s. Post Novell Netware when Windows NT was hot. :laughing:

2 Likes

May do another overview thread…

When I use my AC - forget view only.
I need (want) full control anytime anywhere. Just as if I were using the remote.

Sensibo to the rescue!

• Never my intention to push any particular product - these are items I use and find valuable to my grow. There are almost certainly other comparable products, check them out to see what meets your needs.
3 Likes

Example mobile web interface view. Past 7 days.

3 Likes