Edibles help please

After making hash im still left with a half jar of kief and was thinking about making some edibles for my wife. She had breast cancer and the meds she takes for that doesn’t allow her to take sleep meds. She smokes flower every night to get to sleep but 2 hrs later she is back awake. Im thinking she could eat an edible about an hour before bed and it would last longer for her so she can maybe can sleep.
1… she is pretty picky so it would definitely have to taste good.
2… cant be too strong , she scares easy but definitely not what I’d consider a light weight.
3… im not a baker so not rocking for some big complicated recipe
4… I would like it to be some thing that keeps for a couple weeks. I dont want to have to make them every week.

Thanks

5 Likes

Have you thought about candies?

Best edibles I made… I made cannabutter and then bought a nanaimo bar kit from superstore (not sure of your optikn if youre in the states)

I made them floor your ass strong, and as someone who hates eating weed flavor, they were dangerously tasty!

I only put weed butter in the bottom layer, so the rest of tge bar hid it nearly 100%

11 Likes

Dosage is hard for keif.

It’s much easier for flower. Smoke it. If it is regular strong weed I give it a value of 15% THC (big assumption).

My last batch was 8 grams at 150 mg per gram made into 30 cookies which makes 40 mg per cookie. For me that dose is about right.

It will take some trial and error.

Best of luck.

6 Likes

Never heard of those but damn now I’m gonna have to check em out. My wife’s been getting into doing more infused cooking/baking and we’re always looking to try making new recipes.

2 Likes

I’m open to candies, gummy or baked goods

1 Like

I dont know if they’re in the states… cause I’ve seen an 11$ kit selling on eBay for 30 to the u.s lol

1 Like

I would definitely prefer to use keif but how do you know how much to start with?

I’m not entirely sure on recipe for hard candy with kief(usually use wax to make mine) but I have seen recipes with kief instead I’ll see if I can find it

1 Like

Infuse coconut oil, put it in oil safe gel caps, you can freeze them by the jar full for months on end. That’s what I usually do.

9 Likes

Also a great idea! Was actually planning on. Was actually planning some later this afternoon and once it’s good to go filling some caps.

1 Like

I make a decent coconut ball 100 mg of infused coconut oil 2 cups of shredded coconut a tablespoon spoon of condensed milk a splash of vanilla half a tea spoon of cinnamon. Make approximately 18 to 20 bite size balls . Drizzle in infused chocolate and freeze .

5 Likes

That sounds delicious!!

2 Likes

Simple no bake recipe other than double boiler to melt the chocolate but that step can be omitted .
Forgot to mention 1oz of bud decarbed 2 cups of coconut oil a table spoon of lithium to bind in the magic butter machine for 2 hours

1 Like

I’ve heard 40-60%. So yeah… little bit of a range.

But if it’s works like flower, when I smoke I can tell the difference between <10%, ~15%, and >20%. Not exact numbers, just comparisons I’ve picked up vs lab tested bud. Doesn’t really help with the matter at hand, so I’ll end my ramble there.

More relatively, clarified butter infusion makes hands down the best edibles I’ve made.

2 Likes

If so then maybe call it 50% and go from there.

And I agree, it’s more appropriate to call my canna butter canna ghee. You can see the milk solids fall out.

3 Likes

Looks like cannabutter would be pretty easy to make. Does this sound about right…say 3 grams of decarb kief to 2 sticks of butter?

1 Like

I have a bomb no egg/no bake recipe! You just need canna butter… you’re basically just making cookie dough and melting chocolate on it! Easy

Ingredients

• For the Cookie Dough:
  • 1/2-3/4 cup softened CANNA BUTTER
  • 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 2 cup all-purpose flour (to be safe toast flour or microwave for one minute to kill bacteria)
  • 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk (I infuse weed into this as well)
  • 2 cups of mini chocolate chip morsels OR 2 cups of HEATH BAR TOFFEE PIECES (my favorite)

For the frosting:

• 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels ( I like to add a TBSP of canna butter to this mixture) -optional

Instructions

1. In a large mixing bowl, beat softened Canna butter with brown sugar until fully combined. Add vanilla and peanut butter, beat until fluffy. Add flour and sweetened condensed milk. Beat until everything is blended well. Fold in the mini chocolate chip morsels.
  2. Press into an 8inx8in baking dish.
  3. In a microwave safe, medium sized bowl, add peanut butter and chocolate chips for the frosting and a TBSP of Canna butter(optional). Melt for one minute. Stir and spread over the cookie dough.
  4. Refrigerate for 3 hours (or overnight). Cut into bite sized pieces. Store in a covered container for up to a week. NO EGGS MEANS IT’S COMPLETELY SAFE TO STORE.

Notes-
You can also substitute peanut butter morsels, HEATH BAR pieces, white chocolate, recess pieces…etc…in the cookie dough portion. ENJOY

9 Likes

You shouldn’t eat raw flour though. Just putting it out there.

Wondra is a cooked flour product though. It would work, or something like graham cracker crumbs

1 Like

That does sound damn good though. Peanut butter is a good pairing with canna butter.

1 Like