ELG's Strawberry Banana Seed Run Attempt

Whats up OG people welcome to my grow, it is not as impressive as some of the other one’s here but I hope you will enjoy. The first time I heard about and tried this strain I directly fell in love. Delicious smoke and a really satisfying high, it actually tastes like strawberries and bananas. I ordered 2 Fem seeds from Canuk with the goal of spraying them with CS and make myself a lifetime supply of fem seeds(I also want to give/trade so here). I received one nice mature seed and the other one was really pale… Obviously the pale seed didn’t germinate, but the healthy one did and this is it’s story.

She started her life under 4 Phillips 15w 5000k led bulb inside a closet in some Promix organic vegetables and herbs soil with a bit of perlite:

On Day 5, I decided to remove the bulb caps to waste less energy and to not get blind.

Day 8

Day 14

On Day 17, I noticed some discoloration but I’m not too worried since it’s not showing up on other leafs.

On Day 19 (today), I got a 60w quantum board that will give me a better coverage and penetration I hope, for the same power draw. I also noticed that my plant didn’t look too happy, her cup was starting to get small…

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

42 Likes

Hey @ELG sorry to hear that the one didn’t make it, but the one that did is looking great! Nice pics too, I’ll be watching how this goes. Wish you the best of luck in your organic growing adventures!! :smiley:

8 Likes

Thank you @Oldtimerunderground I appreciate the kind words!

4 Likes

Hey @ELG Nice start here. I’ll stop in from time to time and see what’s going on. The plant looks great, keep it up.

3 Likes

Exelent strain…
Sit down in my chair lookin this beaultiful plant.
Lets see what happens.

4 Likes

You’re more than welcome. You said you think your grow is not as impressive as others on here but let me tell you, I’m impressed. Everyone has their own way, grow style, plant limits, etc. Some are even growing where it is still illegal and could face serious punishment if caught. Having the confidence to post a log of your grow can be really hard for some, especially if plants aren’t looking the greatest or some don’t make it.

I commend you my friend for choosing to show us your grow. Thank you :pray:

12 Likes

Every grow is good if you make it to harvest,sounds like a good strain

5 Likes

Great looking plants and great looking roots! :sunglasses: :+1:

I’ll be pulling up a chair.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

@CADMAN @BERZERK @anon98660487 @Gpaw Thank you so much guys :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Nice looking so far. Look forward to following along

3 Likes

Nice, sounds tasty!

3 Likes

I have some strawberry banana seeds but haven’t grown any out yet so will be watching this one!

Good luck!

:peace:

5 Likes

Day 25: A little topping action. I was also thinking about how to approach the colloidale silver spraying because I still want some :strawberry::banana: to smoke. I think that I will take a clone, let it veg a little bit just enough to be well rooted, spray that cutting for a few days and straight to flower. That way I can limit the spray contact with the mother and seed a part and keep a part to smoke. Hopefully I will be able to achieve this under my 60w QB… we will see!

16 Likes

Nice work!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :pray: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Day 29:
Did some lst and attempted a fim. Once she gives me a few clones, she goes straight into flower. It will be my first time making CS, so I will try to make a test batch in a few days.

:call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

16 Likes

You’re going to want to have two clones so you can spray one until you have pollen then start the 2nd one flowering, (after getting a cutting or two off it), so you can dust it with pollen.

3 Likes

Yes I had a similar plan but I want to spray 2 clones in case I mess up one or something and pollinate the mother with the pollen collected.

2 Likes

You are going to want to have the pollen handy before you flower the mother tho. You want to hit her with pollen around 3 weeks into flower as the seeds take 5 - 6 weeks to fully mature.

When I just pollinate a branch on a plant I use a lower one so if the seeds aren’t ripe when the buds are ready I harvest the plant but leave that branch on to finish by itself until the seeds are busting out of their calyxes. When I pollinate I put a garbage bag over the plant that’s been removed from the grow room and just leave the one branch sticking out. Dust the buds then leave it sit overnight then spray everything down with water to deactivate any loose pollen. Then remove the bag and put it back in the grow room. Can do multiple strains on one plant that way over a period of days.

8 Likes

Ohh okay I understand. I will have to figure something out. But my priority is making seeds, if we forget the fact that I want some buds to smoke, I can still flower everything at the same time and let the mother take the time she needs right?

2 Likes

You could do that for sure. You can still smoke the bud after the seeds are ripe but when I accidentally allowed pollen to get loose in the grow room with a bunch of plants I wasn’t planning on pollinating my yield and potency took a big hit. Still worth smoking tho.

Just remember that it may take a few weeks to get pollen so the mother could be almost done before the pollen is ready so if you have space you’ll want to keep her in veg until the first sign of balls on the sprayed clones. The smaller clones could be flowered and sprayed earlier in a closet with a few LED bulbs or small grow light if you don’t have a regular separate grow space. I do that with branches off male plants to collect pollen away from my other plants.

6 Likes