Eliminating 100% of the odor

I’ll add in that when I first set everything up, just out of curiosity, I burned an incense in my tent and went to the exhaust to see if I could smell anything… I could.

1 Like

I’m going to be honest. Ozone scares me. If it leaks or something and hurts somebody I would lose it.

1 Like

yeah that’s weird something doesn’t sound right, and you said a phresh filter and this is it’s first run?

i have only a 4" fan/filter in my tent and only 175cfm fan for 4x4x7 tent but i have almost no odor, i also only have 5 plants and they arent smelling too strongly yet, but i can smoke super dank in the room and the filter removes all odor. i’m exhausting in to my central air ducting so i’d smell it otherwise.

like @Viva_Mexico suggested you could add a second fan/filter just for scrubbing

2 Likes

maybe your moving so much air through the filter so fast the odor blows right through filter before it can get odor completely scrubbed

4 Likes

Mine is 750 cfm. I’m moving my equipment. That’s why the concerns. I was thinking about venting into the cold air return. Is there any negatives about doing so?

1 Like

Fyi if you put the Ozone generator before your phresh filter it should essentially “recharge” it by killing all the particles its grabbed enhancing the life a bit

2 Likes

when i start venting thru my ducts it also exhausted all the humidity/transpiration and i started getting condensation building up on my windows upstairs, i have my dehuey running upstairs now and that solved it.

you could also try adding a carbon pre-filter instead of a regular prefilter, it might help a little bit

i have heard good things about ona, not sure how big your room/grow is though

1 Like

Currently my path is filter > hood > fan > duct silencer > exhaust

Funny not Funny I never had luck with any totally knocking down odor all the methods help but none truly eliminate 100%ore help is needed, carbon filters help but always need new carbon if you can smell anything in your exhaust it still needs treatment, a ozone generator in the duct path is the next best move after carbon filters then masking it all needs to be put in use. I have all of these things the dank still escapes.

3 Likes

With certain strains odor control is almost impossible, Sensi Star comes to mind. I tried ozone, ona, ion generators , ducting. Ducting in to your cold air return is not a good idea.

My suggestion is to grow stealthy strains. Bros Grimm C99 and A11 were some super stealthy strains along with most sativa strains. As much as I enjoyed Sensi Star she had to go because odor control was impossible.

The slower you can move air through a filter the better it will work.

4 Likes

Why is ducting to the return a bad idea?

You are sending the odor laden air in to your HVAC system to be distributed throughout your house.

1 Like

Won’t the fan drawing the air back to the system draw it outside?

My cold air return goes direct to my heater, is your HVAC system set up differently?

1 Like

The cold air from the return goes through the furnace filter and back in to the system. They sell scent pads to attach directly to your furnace filter if you want your house to smell like flowers, pine, etc.They would not work if that air being drwn from the return was not going back in to the house vs. going up the chimney.

My furnace is outside

Is your hood absolutely air tight?
When I run air cooled like that I get odor because my hoods have small gaps somewhere. Try adding another carbon filter after the muffler or move the one you have to the end of the line… that’s what worked for my situation.

4 Likes

Run an air system with carbon for eliminating odor.

You have a forced air system that lives outside? I’ve never seen one of those.

Every forced air system I’m familiar with feeds air from the cold air return back in to the system to be heated. If your cold air return is vented outside you should be fine.

Yes it’s a crazy all in one ac/furnace. It’s nothing but a headache. It living outside is the main reason I want to vent into it. I think it would cover the heat signature too.