Elite and clone only strains with unkown background

Can you name any elite/clone only strains out there with unkown background/lineage? I was just thinking of this when I pollinated an unknown male to an unknown female. I have a few seeds I didn’t label because I either forgot or they fell off their original packaging. My unknown seeds are not from crappy strains or bag seeds. My unknown seeds are from either elite or clone only strains. Matanuska Thunder Fuck I think has an unknown background. Are there any other elite/clone only strains out there with unknown background?

8 Likes

I’m sure there are unknown elites just for the reason you describe. There’s so many crosses of crosses out there I think it’s only reasonable to assume they exist. Strain origin has always had an element of truth, lies, drama, storylines, etc. A lot of super weed came out of bagseed of high caliber. I think now most everything can be proven out with genetic testing if it came down to seeking absolute provenance of any particular cut. I know in the New England area there’s great stuff that has no name and unknown background pertaining to origin.

4 Likes

MTF has become the latest name for all the “TF” coming from “The Valley”, all grouped under the nomer, Alaska Thunder F.ck, SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Yup… like “Maui Wowie”

2 Likes

Seems to stack nicely thats a side branch right?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s what I heard…so if you grow Northern Lights in Matanuska Valley people will call it ATF. The real deal MTF when properly cured smells like orange Tang, the drink the astronaut brought in space.

If you’re talking about the picture, yes that’s just a side branch of the real deal MTF.

7 Likes

The original ATF/MTF was an Unknown California strain, mated with a Russian Ruderalis, crossed again with an Afghani, resulting in what we have now have. Accepted fable is the Bikers (HA’s) brought the Cali Sativa up North. It’s still widely available in the Valley area. SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I did get my MTF from biker chicks who moved to Matanuska valley in the early mid 70’s…These biker chicks were sisters and lived and grew up in my town here in the lower 48. I’ve lost touch with them and haven’t heard from them in over 25yrs…that is what they told me and they have no reason to lie to me because their brother was a good friend of mine. Some biker brought seeds from California to the Matanuska Valley. I had the MTF for over 10 years and passed them out to some close friends for safe keeping but they too don’t have the strain anymore. But I did do some breedings with the real deal MTF and now I have my own crosses with MTF…I decided to sprout my cross in January of these year. This is a clone of my MTH which I’m gonna put in my Phototron today. I have the mother plant too and plan on making clones to pass out to growers and farmers in my area.

Matanuska Thunder Fuck x Blockhead

Matanuska Thunder Head

Here’s an old picture of clone only strains from back in the day…I was a clone only whore back then. I’ve made my own crosses with these strains and I’m gonna start growing them out.

8 Likes

The seeds I found in a bag of banana kush grew out to be better than most of what I’ve bought in a long time, no idea about who the hermi pollen donor was, only two seeds in a half ounce. Many top strains were found this way back in the day, hence all the original OG Kush crosses and S1 from the first flush of them.

5 Likes

Green crack is my all time favorite strain. The one time I tried to grow it my cat ate the seedling. …
I have my doubts on it being the same as back when I had it though now that crossing is done at such a large scale throughout.

2 Likes

My first grow ever was a bag seed and it came out realllly good. No idea what it was

2 Likes

I don’t believe MTF is a clone only but a heirloom variety still available in seed form i have a pack

4 Likes

I totally disagree…I have tried the ATF/MTF they are selling and claiming in seed form these days and it’s not the same…

3 Likes

You are what OG represents!!! Keep that Baby going F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!! :fire: in those genes. Too many “oldies, but goodies” strains get watered down over the years. By spreading it far and wide in your area, you guarantee it doesn’t die out. Out of likes for today, but I can hit you with :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :fire:

3 Likes

I just fired up my SWC/TRON at noon today and I have my real deal MTF cross in there…my cross Matanuska Thunder Fuck x Blockhead

Matanuska Thunder Head

4 Likes

All these new strains people are raving & collecting all have pedigrees/lineage from old school strains…I don’t have any new strains that have been created in the past few years…lately I have been given clones of Caps Mac1, original Runtz, Oatmeal cookies, Magic melons & Cereal milk etc. The person that gave them to me said that these are the latest new/popular strains…
But before I got them I’ve already sprouted my own creations and that’s what I’m growing now…I gave those new strains for safe keeping to my circle of grow friends so I can concentrate on my creations…To me growing out my creations are much more exciting and satisfying because I created/bred them myself. I just talked to a buddy of mine last night and said he’s gonna be shipping out some highly wanted/sought after strains, he also apologized for the long wait but he said its well worth it.

Multi strain male pollens

5 Likes

That’s the “O.G. Gene” being displayed in you, Bro. Admirable outlook, I might add, Too much “rainbow chasing”!!! SS/BW…mister :honeybee: :100: :pray: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I guess it took, gots me some pregnant females…its hard to see but they are definitely seed pods.

Kush cross x unknown

Unknown x unknown

5 Likes

Ohio Dumpster and Lemon G. I’ve heard several stories on the G possibly having Columbian or G13 in it but none seem to be verifiable.

I have some seeds that I produced from some bagseed grown by the Amish. It’s something really different, it reeks of lacquer or paint thinner and makes your eye burn and water worse than an onion while trimming it. I wish I had the option of doing indoor seed runs cause I know something special is in there.

5 Likes

Were you that biker by chance?

1 Like