Elpolloloco 2022 grow log

Hi all,

Long time lurker here who is finally happy to participate!

Setup-
2x4x7h tent with spider farmer led, growing in 5 gallon bags ffof soil and using some GH nutes I have left over.

Current grow-
mr nice/cbd crew cbd therapy and Neville’s skunk. So far so good, I’ve made some mistakes but everything is looking pretty good outside of a little leaf burn on the NS. I’d suspect they need a few weeks to finish and I am backing off the feeding.

Upcoming / just sprouted-
Mr Nice “northern widow” which was unreleased cross I got through auction - NL5 haze x black widow. Popped 7 and hoping to run those indoor while I veg the others.

Snowhigh Guerrero green x Michoacán GPB
Sprouted 5 initially and put the other 5 down yesterday. I intend to grow some sensemilla as well as hand some clones out while suggesting seed runs to others, and eventually do an open pollination seed run of my own.

Snowhigh Heroine-
Put 10 down but no action yet. 7 we’re in roots 404 soil and 3 are in paper towels. I used a seed cracker for 5/10 to see if it helped as these were sold knowing they are old and lower germ rates. We will see

Bull rider -
I was gifted a small bottle of seeds from an old head whos friend passed away; the friend was a lifelong smoker and I’m told they were bull rider which is/was a common strain in San Diego circles. I’ve tried popping them before with no luck and it’s not looking promising this round either, but if they pop I plan to do a seed run on those as well.

Feel free to chime in with questions, comments, suggestions! Cheers

32 Likes

Nice setup. I always wanted to grow something from CBD Crew, interested to see how that turns out.

Pulling up a chair.

1 Like

try sanding them in a tube, or pre-cracking them. Then toss in @JohnnyPotseed 's worm casting method.

1 Like

Thanks @smokenhike
These were sold as older seeds with lower germination rates but they popped very easily and have been vigorous from the start. Smell is great so I’m looking forward to them as well!

@Nagel420 thanks for the tip, I’ll look it up and give it a try!

2 Likes

hey bro
good setup and I’m curious to see these genetics.

pulling out a chair to see what will happen.

1 Like

14 Likes

Thickening up. Looks like I overfed a bit as i see leaf burn but overall they seem happy.

Cbd therapy has more of a sweet / fruity body odor funk that smells good to us smokers.

Nevilles skunk has a very fruit candy skunk kinda smell. Both really strong and enjoyable smells.

4 Likes

I’ll try to keep this one updated :blush:

Snowhigh Guerrero green x Michoacán GPB
10/10 germ

Snowhigh Heroine
0/10 germ with half being cracked. These were discounted and many freebies so hope I get some to crack and preserve.

MNS northern widow - 6/7 germ

Bull rider - 0 germ I will try some other methods next try…

Current grow: Neville’s skunk is getting some fox tailing while feeling pretty dense with a fruity skunk smell I love. Do you thing the fox tailing is strain related or something else? Looks like it needs a couple weeks.

Cbd therapy is looking good and getting heavier. Trichs are getting a little cloudy so I think I’ll wait for some amber, maybe a week or two?

I should’ve kept better records but live and learn, I’ll just keep an eye on the trichs and give them just water for now.

Thanks for stopping by and I appreciate any feedback!

10 Likes

Here are some progress photos.

Cbd therapy looks to be getting close. Should I harvest when trichomes are cloudy / turning amber?

Nevilles skunk - anyone have ideas on the fox tailing? Does it look like genetics or something else? They feel nice and dense so hopefully that’s the haze influence there…

Snowhigh michoacan gpb x Torreón
And the mns “northern widow” off to a nice start, just one runt but I’ll keep it around just in case! Any feedback or suggestions appreciated. Thanks OG!

12 Likes

I’ve been busy and not paying as close attention as I should’ve; just noticed hermies late in flower on the nev skunk which is flowering next to cbd therapy. I was trying to let the trichs go more cloudy/slight amber but I’m thinking I should just pull asap since I saw some pollen coming out. If the damage is worse than expected I can make edible or hash and maybe the early pull will result in an “up” buzz.

I would love some feedback here - will the trucks continue to ripen if they were pollinated late in harvest?

Reasoning- My wife one day opened the tent durring dark cycle and left it open while lights were on in the same room so I think that was the culprit; no blame on the breeder all on me and learning opportunity for us both.

10 Likes

Me, myself, I would held on for what I prefer about 15-20% ambers, in my eye piece, after checking the plant 8-10 places, to cull them.
I once used just a few ambers in the eye piece, and after a good friend challenged me to push a strain out longer, one that I really knew, and had it for years at that point.
The difference was well worth time for my wife and I as the buds tasted the same, but the effect in the head, was a much deeper stone, maybe a more a sedated/faded feeling, if that makes any sense.
It for me, was well worth the extra time. Many claim, a few beans in the bud, makes the quality less potent, less tasty.
My 3.8% Neanderthal does not think it does anything, but gives me a seed to germinate.
Lovely work!!

2 Likes

@webeblzr thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I think I’ll try both!

I’ll use this as an opportunity to experiment, pulling the little one that seems to have more nanners in the next day or two, and let the big one ripen to amber. If nothing else it will be cool to try them side by side and experience the difference in ripeness from one to the other.

2 Likes

Foxtailing may be genetic if it happens in the whole plant, if it’s only in the top buds it may be just stress because of the lights being too close. I wouldn’t be much worried if those nanners appear in the last stage, just pluck them. You’ve got beautiful plants, great job so far … beer3|nullxnull

4 Likes

Thanks @George

cheers to you :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Hi all,

So I pulled some early and let the others go but I had another mishap where we had a heatwave and I let them go a day too long without water and things got way too dry and turned brown. The yield was fantastic and some of the buds are still smoking good in just not happy with the look but live and learn !(upload://meSCZfnJHIau9zJVUjFlO8BAgkN.jpeg)

8 Likes

8 Likes

In the meantime I had the snowhigh Guerrero green x Michoacán GPB vegging and some “northern widow” from mns. I finally got them some space because I could tell they were overcrowded and not getting the light they needed. They are now hardened off and getting some sunlight which they are loving.

Given my limited space I think I’ll clone all and flower the clones out on the patio/tent so I can keep them from “overgrowing” my space.

I’ll give the seed moms away to someone with more outdoor space and see if they will open pollinate. I’ll do my own small open pollination with cuttings of the GG and likely leave the NW females to get chucked on for fun.

Overall they are looking great and to be some of the stretchier strains I’ve grown.

7 Likes

Seed moms about to go to a good home so I can start over with clones and keep size down on my patio. Lovely strain that seems happy in small grow bags but they are starting to drink a lot with the heat.

Only 2 males out of nine so I may keep those in my tent and bring the girls into the tent for some action to control the pollination a bit more and leave some sinsemilla buds and some seeded to save for later.

7 Likes

image image image image image image

5 Likes

Loving the real skinny leafed one you got.

A hammock and a lemonade would compliment that patio nicely!!

2 Likes