Emeraldgreen first thread (Part 1)

Definitely my own little bubble of reality :grin:. It’s an especially happy place when the plants are all happy! I’m torn between monocrop and pheno hunting since I currently haven’t got the room for both :disappointed:

4 Likes

Be one of those crazy people who have 4-8 strains on one plant! That would be really cool to see someone do mothers like that to save space but from my understanding that’s no easy feat and it’s very time consuming to do properly

4 Likes

Much easier to just keep individual moms. The idea is awesome though

2 Likes

Oh of course it is! Lmao. Ive just seen it a few times and thought it was really cool but there has to be quite a bit of work into it to get everything to go well

1 Like

Way to much work for the novelty of it in my opinion.

1 Like
4 Likes

@Emeraldgreen
Be one of those crazy people who have 4-8 strains on one plant! That would be really

Hi bro ,it was a fun project .unfortunately I don’t have the space to keep her going .she was getting too big so I just flowered out and used her for a seed run . I did graft 6 different plants on to a mother with the base plant makes 7 strains

Each strain took 2 weeks to be stable
I did several attachments at a time

Humidity is there friend like clones keep then under a dome of some sort

Paps

7 Likes

I do have a question for you, since you flowered her. I have always been curious about taking a plant that has a robust root system and grafting a plant on that usually doesn’t have a robust root system.
Did any of your grafts match this? If yes did you notice a difference in flower?

Thank you

7 Likes

The base plant was young to begin with when finished the bag was full of roots and was no issue the only thing 7 strains 7 different flowing times so I made seeds and just let her grow out longer then normal

5 Likes

foth on opengrow experimented a lot with graphing
His results showed no change to taste or flavour etc but a slight change in bud structure ie better uptake maybe longer buds kindoff

Stretchier plants root mass elongated buds more ( slightly ) maybe and the opposite I assume for squatter root stock slightly denser but I’m just guessing that

Original shape stayed the same
: )

But this is from diiiiistant memory

6 Likes

@Papalag @ifish thank you for your responses

3 Likes

Fool on the hill on open grow as @ifish said was the one originally who put this thought in my head it was years before I felt comfortable with the process and the space to try

I did notice buds where airy the original

4 Likes

Very cool @Papalag. I’m sure it was an interesting experience but im glad someone has done it! Shame it isn’t easier but I love seeing it on fruit trees that’s my favorite!

3 Likes

I’ve always thought a better root system would help certain lower yielding clones

3 Likes

Hope everyone has a SAFE, HAPPY, HEALTHY and PROSPEROUS New Year :tada::tada::tada::fireworks:

10 Likes

Happy New Year @Emeraldgreen !

3 Likes

Happy New Year Brother!

7 Likes

I 2nd that ,Happy new year buddy ,hope its a great one for u and yours

3 Likes

Happy NEW YEAR @Emeraldgreen , hope it is the best ever

4 Likes

Happy New Year everyone. :crossed_fingers: for a happy healthy prosperous one!

11 Likes