Emeraldgreen first thread (Part 2)

me too! Michigan its $.10 a go that adds up!

4 Likes

Good morning everyone. Hope you’re all well

I just don’t understand paying for the deposit and than not getting it back

5 Likes

Good afternoon my friends!

3 Likes

godd afternoon @mobilly and @Emeraldgreen. It is chop day for my 3 plants will get flower pics before chop

4 Likes

How’s the chopping going? @Mrgreenthumb

1 Like

Sounds like a couple of my neighbors from FL are in here. Haha. Post Office has no scanner or anything here, manual only. Had to go to another Post Office to verify my identity. Walmart is 35 minutes away and an hour or so to get to the big city of St Augustine. But, I’m not worrying about these storms or waiting for an earthquake, so I’m happy. Haha. No Uber or Lyft comes out here, even with a $50 tip.

4 Likes

Just sat down, i ment to take pics before chopping but was so damn busy i didnt have time. I chopped 2. Decided to take agamble with the 3rd it just needs more time. I have it under cover and it should stay dry suppose to be rainy here tomorrow and wednesday. Then things get drier again. Need another week to finish the 3 rd one up

2 Likes

Lived in daytona for a long time, been through palatka area and sanford area. Did irrigation work so traveled allnaround that area

3 Likes

Nice!! I’m in that area for sure.

2 Likes

Big yikes. I’ve got my fingers crossed for my aunt n uncle in Tampa and my homie in Miami. Plus good luck to all you Floridians.

5 Likes

Just checked the mail… and well look at at the surprise that came… thanks @Emeraldgreen and @mainerJ

5 Likes

Think your the first arrival. Hope you find some beauties in these

3 Likes

Hope your uncle is prepared for this or evacuated.? Tough situation to be in with these storms, i dont what isnworse the storm or the aftermath

4 Likes

That area just needs to hope it dies down to a 3 before landfall and doesn’t stay a 4 or 5. You need to be out if it’s a 4 or 5 and you’re not in a cat 5 proof house. I’m going to be on CAT duty forever now and I don’t get CAT pay for it. I hope everyone shores up their homes and gets inland with their animals and family until they’re allowed back. Those barrier islands were already just starting to open back up and if this thing nails them, they’re screwed. Going to be some insolvent insurance companies after this as well. Better hope Citizens has the reserves. Those new rates whenever they renew are going to be insane for homeowners over there. Brutal.

8 Likes

I am thinking there is going to be a large amount of new floridians rethinking there dreams of living in FL…

4 Likes

Didn’t a bunch of insurance companies already drop of homeowners?

4 Likes

Big time!!! I’m already hearing it a ton. My friend sold their place in St Pete last week, but they’ve been there for 40 years. Lucky timing to sell at a crazy price. Those buyers might be looking to leave soon. Haha. My hometown would be pretty wrecked if a 4 or 5 hit Tampa dead on. The big thing is where it hits north or south of the Bay. South sucks the water out and things are much better. North and they’re screwed. The barrier islands would be wrecked and St Pete, South Tampa, and so on would be in trouble. Insurance companies holding those policies are praying to the insurance gods right now.

2 Likes

Ohhhh yeah. Many have gone insolvent and many have pulled writing new policies in a lot of places in FL.

1 Like

Our main office is in St Pete and that’s where we started, before being bought out, but we don’t write policies anywhere near St Pete these days.

1 Like

They did @Emeraldgreen. And the state run insurance is going to be doubling or tripping thier rates… my sister doesnt have any insurance it is too expensive. I am betting there are many thousands or hundred of thousands of people in the same boat

3 Likes