Equal Thc to Cbd ratio vs Thc only

The Carlini et al study demonstrated that there may be potentiation (a form of synaptic plasticity that is known to be important for learning and memory) of the effects of THC by other substances present in cannabis. The double-blind study found that cannabis with equal or higher levels of CBD and CBN to THC induced effects two to four times greater than expected from THC content alone. The effects of smoking twice as much of a THC-only strain were no different than that of the placebo.
And the link to a pdf of the Carlini et al study-

Here is the reference. . . https://www.medicaljane.com/category/cannabis-classroom/terpenes/

2 Likes

What i have notice is when the cannabinoids are balanced in the strain do a better job as a medicine ,even i had felt more blown up from a strain with like 10%thc that with one with 20%thc just because of the cbd and all other cannabinoids present it do a better job in my opinion

2 Likes

Yes same here dude im thinking that equal balance is where we need to be at but at like 20% of both haha

20 both that will be an awesome challenge hahaha the more i have seen is like 10:10 out there is from the supreme cbd durban i still have 4 more seeds ,will put one in the list for the next cycle

2 Likes

Wow that 10:10 is interesting! Im going to have to get some of them too man. . .you’ve got all the awesome strains. . .medicine power✌lol

1 Like

@Hoodini

https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Supreme_CBD_Durban/Nirvana_Seeds/

1 Like

@Hoodini

https://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Blue_Dream_CBD/Humboldt_Seed_Organisation/

1 Like

Awesome I’ll check them out in the am goodnight brother

1 Like

My Juanita tested a 9:9 and also find the 1:1 ratio more medicinal. I’ve been getting the 10:10 Durban CBD from the dispensary down the street for $5 a gram. It’s nice smoke.

As for higher THC%, really just smoke two bowls. Smoking is an excellent method of titration, as you get the desired effects, you naturally stop smoking as much.

Whats an average thc % ?

@shroomgod About 20% give or take imo

Hi @Hoodini, so durban is about 17-18% thc

Hey buddy, and I’m not to sure on the Durbans bro

Green Crack is about 20% thc :+1:

^^^^^^^^
Manual like override. . .lol I’m out too

I would assume that the total cannabinoids is fixed to around 20-30% dry weight. THC and CBD both start out as CBG but each has a different synthesis path. CBG is the limiting factor. So for varieties without the CBD synthesis path, most the CBG becomes THC. The inverse is true along with combinations.

2 Likes

That is great information! Thanks bro 🖒

that plant is very much a keeper exactly what i will be looking for if my state gets right. by the way what the best way to prevent fungus gants and spider mite from taking control of a inside grow room? ipm sprays

1 Like

IPM (Neem, Aloe, Silica), dont take in clones, and shower after working with outdoor lawn.

2 Likes

Also any outside gardening tools need to stay outside get a set of indoor trimmers, clippers etc

1 Like