EsRgood4u multiple grow journals thread

Nice looking plants you have there @Esrgood4u, and the outdoors plants are doing great :+1:too…
How many devils xxl did you run and were they auto’s or…? Big white widow you got there …
Anyway nice grow mate …
Gaz

2 Likes

All autos @Gaz29. The widows an auto also. I ran 5 devil’s. 4 in soil and one in DWC. 3 widow autos 2 in soil one in DWC. The monster is a widow in DWC that I fimmed. It wouldn’t flower at 1st and just grew and grew. Thought it had leaned towards the photo gene. It eventually flowered on its own at around 8 weeks. It’s huge compared to the ones in soil.

2 Likes

Good stuff, i like/enjoy growing auto’s and i previously had only run - shit auto’s ak49 from ‘vision seeds’ a good while back… and i didn’t rate them., then a wee while back i was turned on to Mephisto genetics and tbh most of the plants (Mephisto) I’ve grown have been at least equally as potent as most photo plants, and as this comparative grow ( fastbuds’ ; blue dream matic has me liking the look of it/them ( got x 2) up) , so I’ll probably get some more fastbuds gear next time…

Anyway nice haul from the Devils and the white widow will be a great yielding plant too…
How long left on the w. Widow.? Also hope your outdoor weed finishes ok :ok_hand:
Have a good night mate …
Gaz

1 Like

The widows should have finished same time as the devil’s. Both breeders stated 65 days seed to harvest. I let the devil’s get to around 78 days in total. The widows in soil seem a little further along than the one in the bubbler. I’d say they have 3 more weeks easily. I’m just gonna let them go until I see them starting to die off on there own then I’ll start the flush. 14 weeks I’m thinking in total so it’ll be nearly double what the breeder says. They are pyramid seeds white widow auto and you’d expect such a well known breeder to have it more or less spot on the grow time. It’s been a fun grow. It was also more of an experiment to show blurple grow fine but also my 1st attempt at DWC. I doubt I’ll ever growing in soil again with the results I’ve had compared to the soil grow.
Cheers for the attention on my diary Gaz29. I’ll be updating still until widow finishes up and I’ll be publishing both dry weights of the devils and the widows.

4 Likes

End of week 12.

These white widow autos don’t seem like they want to finish any time soon. They are showing a few amber trichomes here and there but are still shooting off pistils and buds are slowly swelling.
I drained the DWC and refilled it with plain PhD water and also swapped out the leds for a 600 hps to try and push them on as I’m not willing to give them any more than another 2 weeks.
To control the hight and to allow more light evenly across the canopy I’ve weaved the colas through the scrog net.

My outdoor devil. She has another 3 weeks or so if she follows in her indoor sisters footsteps.

Outdoor bag seed 1 is loving the rare warm weather and sun we are having here in the UK. Can’t wait for the season to change to see how much she stretches and grows.

Outdoor bag seed 2. LITFA seems to have finally showed the results I was hoping for and the growth has started again. She still really small but at least now she’s decided to give life another go :rofl:

Oh. Forgot to mention. The dry yield from the indoor devil’s was just under 6 Oz. A bit disappointing but hopefully these widows make up for it.

10 Likes

That’s quite a nice haul from a couple of auto’s in that timeframe @Esrgood4u… though the indoor WW will give you a good yield ; a good bit more than your devils yield…
Outside WW auto is doing great and hopefully you’ll get to finish the two bag seeds before frost kicks in…

Gaz

1 Like

It’s a devil outside @Gaz29. She’s bigger than the indoor devil’s. The widow is gonna yield a lot more than the indoors devil’s have. It’s just a waiting game with them. I’m allowing 2 more weeks then chop. Hopefully now only on PhD water they should start feeding off her supplies and the leaves should die off. I’ve managed to get the humidity down to 20% to try and get more trichome production but this heatwave is make it difficult to keep the temperature down below 85 degrees. I think next year I’ll grow any autos I have in a greenhouse. I’ll invest in a large tarp to control the light schedual and try a run of photoperiod plants in a greenhouse also :+1:

1 Like

It’s looking like we are not gonna get frost anytime soon mate https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/news/weather/995334/UK-weather-forecast-long-range-forecast-hot-weather-heatwave-met-office-latest-charts-maps/amp
If that is correct the outdoor photos should be mega.

1 Like

End of week 13
Chopped the 2 white widow autos I had in soil on Tuesday. Started the chopping the one in DWC on Thursday. Just doing an hour or 2 each day working my way through her. She’s about 1/3 harvested.
Leaving the lights running to help the lower buds swell a little.

My outdoor devil xxl auto has around 2 - 3 weeks left.

Outdoor bag seed 1 is going to be a monster. The stretch has started and she’s about doubled in size this past week.

Outdoor bag seeds 2 has a new lease of life. I’ve really neglected her for past few weeks. The overdose of LITFA certainly has made a massive impact. I have high hopes now for this girl.

My sunflowers are doing their jobs well and are camouflaging the outdoor plants like I was hoping. This one has started to open up and show us her colours.

7 Likes

People do me a favour. I’m arguing with a friend about when to cut my plants down. He’s saying they were to early even though they ran 2-3 weeks longer than the breeder states.
I say the trichomes in the photo are cloudy and he says they are clear. What do you all think?

Help me shut his mouth.

3 Likes

Cloudy :partly_sunny: Plus 20…

3 Likes

The are looking cloudy all day!

No ambers yet.

How is your humidity.

Bud rot is running rampant these days.

2 Likes

They were taking few weeks ago @99PerCent and @Jellypowered . I’m just trying to prove they were ready. They went a few days more after that photo was taking. They were autos. They were well past ready if you ask me as there wasn’t much change with them for well over a week so I said I was chopping them. Thanks for your replies.

2 Likes

Those were just fine for the taking.

2 Likes

Yeah I told him that. Some people just think they know better than everyone else. I bought the scope purposely for this reason @99PerCent. 2-3 weeks past what the breeder stated and cloudy with no change for a few days I knew they were ready. I’ll be sure to show him yours and @Jellypowered opinion. Thanks for your help mate. It’s appreciated.

1 Like

Lol definitely cloudy with a chance of meatballs

3 Likes

Yeah I think maybe my friend needs his eyes tested Hoodini. He means well but to be honest he stubborn and won’t be told. I’m much the same. That’s why I posted on here to see what others thought incase It was my eyes that were wrong and not his. Thanks for your input mate :+1:

2 Likes

Lol then just tell him to wait til they are “cloudy” and by the time he sees it it will be amber and ready for harvest hehe

1 Like

Agreed! I’d say the munchies were a dead certainty :hamburger:

2 Likes

It’s all a matter of preference. That being said, I feel that clear is immature, cloudy mature, and amber is beginning to degrade. In that respect, you nailed it with all cloudy (mature) trichomes.

3 Likes