EsRgood4u multiple grow journals thread

I may buy a cheap plastic greenhouse from wilko Gaz and erect it over the top of it. It has a fence behind it so could even get away with just using a couple of canes at the front and some clear polythene over the top of her. I’ll see what screw fix has got as I’m there tomorrow :+1:

1 Like

That looks like a plan , i had a look at your link and i reckon maybe two ply might be a bit better, but i reckon it’s worth a shot - well , you can only TRY mate but it’s still SOME protection( i guess )…
Good luck :crossed_fingers:with this one ( she’s obviously hard as fuk lol and the chances :four_leaf_clover:of it going all the way with your help is good bro ).!
Gaz

1 Like

I’m sure I’ll be able to find something thicker. I can get a plastic greenhouse for around £20 so maybe a better option. She’d be a great producer if I can manage to give her a little extra time. She started to bud properly after I took your advice and covered her with a black tarp for 3 days. Where she is located there are some houses with sensitive sensor lights that come on and off through the night so maybe that is what stalled her.

1 Like

You could also stick a few 2 litre cola bottles of hot water in the el cheapo plastic greenhouse -overnight…
is it viable for you to attend it almost daily .? If so, id add the black tarp at night ( in case of the light sensor being the coz of this late start to flowering and could hold it back again,…- after 3 weeks or so it’ll be in full bloom and if it’s looking good then the odds are it’ll finish well .!?
Good luck my friend ,
Gaz

2 Likes

Yes mate I can get to it without problems. It’s close enough to my home. To be fair it was more of an experiment to see how well it would do but after watching her over the months and she made it through all the strong winds and heavy rain we’ve had I really wanting to see her finish so I’ll spend a little cash if need be to see if I can help her to get there. :+1:

1 Like

Good stuff S , i reckon you’ll get something from her, as your correct - she’s a tuff bitch and to be still thriving after a couple of months of shite weather ( past couple of months) im sure it’s gonna give you something for your troubles … Kp us posted on her progress bro
Gaz

2 Likes

Looking good in the tent bud @Esrgood4u . Shame about the ladies outside. The weather in this country is shocking. Hopefully you can tarp them and get yourself some nice smoke.

1 Like

Thanks @Bongedtobits. The big one outside I could do with her finishing. Hoping a tarp will work. She likely be a 10 Oz plant if she finishes. She’s around 1.5m tall and same in circumference.

2 Likes

Quick update. Tomorrow is beginning of week 4 from flip so I’d say about 3 weeks into the bloom period. The stretching has slowed down now and I’ve removed the 2 males giving me more room for the girls.

The mini tent I bought for pollinating my female seeds pure ak with the swashbuckler pollen supplied from @Bongedtobits. She had her final dusting yesterday with the remainder of what I had left. Hopefully we see some signs of seeds in the following weeks.
Help me out with a name to give them if she does indeed seed and they end up viable.

6 Likes

T

AK is a weapon and a swashbuckler was/is a swordsman , so some mix or play on those words and you’ll have a strain name iv dusted bottom buds on my Stardawg IX x X18 clone, some popcorn buds on my jahlicious ( Blueberry indica x killing Kush), a few sites on my keeper - kaia Kush and my g13/Afghani#1 , so i should have a small collection of different crosses. All hit with some swashbuckler pollen ( only small buds)… prob 20 seeds on each ± a few. Cheers @Bongedtobits I’ll get you that sent out soon mate.
Happy growing guys ,
Gaz

Ps how is your dog :dog: @Esrgood4u , hopefully alls well mate…

3 Likes

If they keep the same thc levels and the various different effects from both plants I may just call them “buckled” as that’s hopefully what they do to both you and your legs :laughing: :+1: them crosses sound amazing @Gaz29. I had 2 males from the 3 regs I planted show balls. The agent k and the purple durban. If I’d had the space I’d have kept them around and played with the pollen and various different strains but unfortunately that’s not how it is for me at the moment. Soon as I see seeds forming I may move her back into main tent and grow out the remaining low rider x ultraviolet @ReikoX sent me in small 5 litre pots in the baby tent. I’ve a few solstips I acquired from @anon58740919 and a 24v 120w Chinese led driver from fleabay I could run 24/7 without problems. Just need to buy some angled aluminium and cable to get a build done. I’ve also got 2 of his cola cubes I could put into action but thinking about putting them in main grow area to help increase trichome production. I’ll see what I can come up with over the weekend :+1:

4 Likes

Awww mate I had her put to sleep unfortunately. She couldn’t get onto her feet and into the garden without my assistance and it killed me seeing her like that. She was obviously in a lot of pain mate. I had a CT scan done just to be 100% sure it was cancer. It was. I brought her home for a week to spoil her rotten then I stepped up and did what needed to be done. It nearly killed me and I’m missing her like mad but she wasn’t coping well at all. Thanks for asking about her mate.

3 Likes

Glad to see you have hit the ladies with some pollen. @Esrgood4u @Gaz29

Buckled sounds like a good name to me man. :joy:

If papi adds the frost and funk I’m hoping for we should be in for some great stuff between your guys efforts. I will be dusting Kandy kush #3 &#4 and cuvee. Fun times ahead.

3 Likes

Let’s just hope it’s taken @Bongedtobits. I turned all fans off each time to ensure she had every chance. I covered as much of the entire plant as I could with your pollen. Name wise I think buckled is a winner :rofl:. It’s my first time pollinating so fingers crossed I did it right :+1: and thanks to you for sending it to me. Hopefully I get enough from her to send out to as many og members as possible.

2 Likes

Not a problem. Hopefully she is a winner.

1 Like

Fingers crossed. If she does I’ll grow a few out and separate a female from them and hit her with some colloidal silver. I know it’s frowned upon but knowing a grow will give 100% females is a good thing for the likes of me with a very limited grow space.

2 Likes

I may cross it back to Papi… could get crazy. Just for shits and giggles. Buckled bx1👀

The colloidal is a good shout too though brother.

2 Likes

Buckled it is then bud it’s your cross so you get to name it and that’s a great name :+1: .!

And sorry to hear about your dog but you did the right thing and i don’t envy you… but better daze ahead bro …

Hopefully you’ll get something from your outdoors plant ( did you cover it at all yet .?)
Talk again later mate …
Gaz

2 Likes

Not had the time @Gaz29. Luckily it’s been warm again this past week and really sunny so I’ll try get it sorted this weekend. Just need to aquire a few lats from work and a tarp from toolstation or similar. Don’t worry. I’m not gonna let her go to waist. She’s been overdosed with LITFA for most of her life and she’s still plugging away. She’s really surprised me.

Buckled bx1 I’d have to hand over the raines to someone else lol creating a cross is one thing but breeding back f1 and p1 etc is waaaaayyyy beyond my capabilities and knowledge at least at this moment in time :+1: maybe in the future I’ll delve deeper into it all.