Ewelink sucks, better app for sonoff?

Any of youbwith sonoff timers, is there an app that’s better than ewelink? Once again my screwed up. This time it didn’t turn on when it was supposed to. I’m getting tired of it

I recommend to ditch the cloud bs and flash ESPEasy on the device so you are actually in control of your device and data.

2 Likes

I’ll have to study that after I get off work, so far its all french to me lol. Thanks for the link

1 Like

With the proper USB TTL adapter for like $2 it’s easier than my description.

2 Likes

I rarely have an issue with mine, I had one event this grow where the lights stayed on. My Pulse Grow Monitor will send me an email if the lights are on during the light cycle.

My sonoff pow in the tent and the basic in the fridge have both dicked me around lol I like not having the click timers, but damn atleast they’re reliable.

Is the pulse grow monitor an app or an add on that id buy

One other cool thing about going with ESPeasy (other than possible chinese data exfiltration) is you can then control these devices via home automation applications such as Node Red. (I believe home assistant works as well but not as well versed)

Handle all scheduling in a single spot.

2 Likes

It’s a $200 grow monitor with a phone app. It does light levels, temp, rh, and VPD. You can set alarms on each of those parameters and it will notify if temps too high, rh too low, lights on at night, etc. Its the grow tool I didn’t know I needed until I got it. :grin:

2 Likes

Ouch that’s like 300 canuckbucks lol.

2 Likes

Re read your link… I do believe ill just check my lights more often lol… I am definitely not a computer guy

1 Like