Exhaust fan choices

Okay I’m getting ready to start an indoor grow and am looking for advice on how to choose an exhaust fan. I know about what size I need but I’m having trouble figuring out between the different styles of fans out there.i iknow choice is subjective but just looking for advice on a decent fan that will last rather than having to spend on new ones all the time. Any help or information is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

7 Likes

S&P / soler palau
That’s what your after : )

https://www.solerpalau.com/en-en/in-line-duct-fans-td-silent-94-serie

Make sure you don’t get the bathroom one with the built in timer : )

2 Likes

I use 4 inchers myself usually Amazon specials. I’ve also got a brand new/unused 8" 1500m³ tornado box fan though. That uses a torin-sifan motor. (Shit hot)

4 Likes

Hear, hear! I am also interested, fan salesmen. :smile:

Which fan designs move the most?

Quietest?

Brands?

Booster fans?

Is one monster fan better than several baby fans?

The people demand to know :pencil:

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Box fans for longevity. They’re usually quieter too. Depends on size of space really and obviously available funds at the time. I imagine brands will vary over the pond. The Amazon special I bought about 3 years ago is still moving air to this day just not in my space :wink:

Red scorpion fans are alright too.

For extraction. One big fan. Otherwise you’re gonna be buying multiple carbon filters too

3 Likes

For quiet I like AC Infinity, cheap and work well, I have 2, a 6" for a 4x4 and a 4" for 2x2.
They are also light in weight, look cool and can get a led display or just the speed controler

11 Likes

Piling onto the topic: how does a 4" fan w a filter do in 2×4 tent w handling smells through flower? Assume “loud” strain. Do brands of filters matter?

5 Likes

Mountain air carbon filter : )

3 Likes

If I were to buy again, I would go with a DC fan like AC Infinity or Hyperfan, they’re more efficient.

12 Likes

Should be totally fine. Just make sure you have negative pressure (air can only go in intake holes and out scrubber). I also second mountain air scrubbers they’re great.

3 Likes

I second the AC Infinity suggestion. Great fans – quiet and efficient. The smart controller helps keep things dialed in and will turn on the fan early at a lower speed and adjust as needed to get you back into your programmed range.

6 Likes

I third the the AC Infinity suggestion, love my 6" (3x3)

3 Likes

I too have a couple of the AC Infinity 6" fans, and love them. I bought them to replace some old “Amazon special” Chinese fans that are still working but after six years of continuous use I was getting nervous, and the AC Infinity fans impressed me from day one. So much quieter, lower power usage, and good customer support.

Given the minimal price difference, I bought one of the 6" to replace a 4" fan, and just turn it down with the included speed controller (not the “Smart Controller” version). Super quiet.

8 Likes

Phresh Hyper Fan. Whisper quiet AND it includes a fan speed controller that is much better than the speed controllers you can buy off the shelf.

Moves a ton of air and uses almost no electricity.

1 Like

Used hyper fans vornado can fans n industrial sqwirrel cage fans over the years but the AC Infinity Cloudline fan w enviro monitor n speed controller is hands down the best in the year I had her so far. Quiet n moves lots o air n real low power.

7 Likes

My amazon special vivosuns are getting louder. I would go infinity as well

3 Likes

I’m partial to my 6 inch, 3 speed, max-fans. There’s a little fan noise but they are generally pretty quiet in my opinion (compared to others which i have also) and they pull A TON of air if needed. I use it on the lowest speed most of the time. Been running them for 5+ years straight with no issue. Definitely good ones to consider!

7 Likes

Thanks for all the replies and recommendations so far. I have come to love this site and all the helpfull peeps who are here. This community rocks…

3 Likes

:raised_hands: :thumbsup: Ditto. :sunglasses:

Taking notes!

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Got a 4" kit for $175 cad. Comes with all the (basic) bells and whistles. Fan works well…haven’t hooked up the carbon filter yet, as I want to save it for when the stink hits hard.

6 Likes