Exploring weed and popping seed (in the workshop)

Hey OG!

Finally starting my grow log. I’ve thought about doing this for a little while, but had not been comfortable until I found this place. It genuinely made me want to put the energy into the community because of how people are behaving here.

I learned the basics in the early 2000s, but it became to risky and had to stop. Coming back to it in 2020 it has been pretty awesome how far it’s grown. Organics, LEDs, range of genetics etc. I’ve fallen pretty deep down the nerd hole. Now on a mission to try as much variety in cannabis as I can find. Old, new it doesn’t matter as long as it has character in effect and flavour.

I started using a couple or grow tents in the workshop, and have done 5 runs since restarting.I’m using organics (coots mix), but have not got my worm farm operating yet. So I’ve been recycling my soil and using some Gaia green during the run. I’ve also experimented using sips, which worked well and was very efficient for big plants.

This all came to a pause earlier in the year as water came through a leaky drain the roof. It led me to try and redesign the space completely. The total space is 6mx6m and I’ve laid it out with two rooms and then a more open space which can accommodate a couple of tents if needed for maximum flexibility.

So I’m posting now as the drywall goes up tomorrow and I can finally get going after a lot of patience.

25 Likes

Here is the space finally coming together. Should be a fun couple of days.

27 Likes

Congratulations man, that’s gonna be an outstanding grow space. Excited to see it come together. :+1: :+1: :+1:
:guitar:

4 Likes

Best of luck in the new space.
Its exciting designing a new workspace.

3 Likes

I’ve been functioning outside to scratch the itch the last couple of months. I have a big wookie orgasm going into flower and some Texeda Purps coming up to finish.

I cant seem to stop it making all the photos landscape. Apologies.

I’ve also got some stuff coming out of cure I’m excited about. Here 3hdxlbf from glg. I’ve been impressed with this. It has a strong high on the sativa end and terps are strong and oddly fishy.

27 Likes

Nice grow space… dreaming of making something like this one day…. Heading back down to my basement now haha. Best of luck getting it together.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m pretty lucky with the space, just got to make the most of it.

Cool work with the bokashi! I need to have a go at making that. Cool stuff!

2 Likes

Got a lot of work ahead, looks good so far. Nice buds too. :sunglasses:

1 Like

6mx6m :drooling_face::drooling_face: good luck planning/designing/building!

1 Like

Nice blank slate. 6x6 m is a nice area to work with, looking forward to watching this unfold!

1 Like

@Nagel420 @Derpterps @Heliosphear thanks guys!

Ok so on to some fun rather than constructiongenetics choices for the first run. I’ve been trying to balance my Bodhi fixation with other breeders ;). This is what I’m thinking to get started:

Bodhi Eternal Sunshine - I have a female that I cloned/saved from the last run. It has a citrus and fried food smell on the stem rub, quite pungent

JOTI God’s Citrique - Also a clone from the previous run. Growth characteristics are super sativa, fast growth and insane stretch. I’ve finished this one before and it has great flavour and a very happy sativa leaning hybrid high.

Bodhi Purple Afghan Hasplant DLA #5 x PU f3

Bodhi Mango Hashplant Mango Biche x 88G13HP

San Seeds Snow Thrower The White x Sour Diesel 2010 IBL

Scott Family Farms - Ultimate Pink Kush S1

13 Likes

Nice start. I recently rebuilt my workshop and have spent the last year or so dialing it in…

4 Likes

Keep us updated on the Wookie Orgasm. I have a pack of those I’ve been considering running in the winter.

Your space looks awesome too! Thanks for deciding to document your new indoor ventures✌🏻

2 Likes

Actually you were some of the inspiration as I saw your thread on icmag last year and it really got me thinking about making better use of the space. So thanks! I think you managed to use space really efficiently!

2 Likes

I will, but I’ve run this plant twice before so I can give you some of my experiences now.

I only ran 4 seeds, 2 males and 2 females. From that there were two phenotypes. One was a more indica growth pattern and the other more viney OG style buds. During flowering the indica one looked more appealing, but the smells were very similar. After drying and curing I really liked the more viney pheno as the terps were great (one of the best tastes I’ve experienced). Loud lavender grapefruit that comes on strong when vaped. It doesn’t look amazing in the bag, a little scraggly, but the high is great. The more indica pheno wasn’t as good on taste or as strong.

Here is the outdoor plant( about 6ft + pot):

And here is a shot of some cured bud from the same plant’s previous run:

7 Likes

Appreciate the detailed report. I’ve heard that Wookie can get pretty big and I’ll need to plan accordingly if that’s the case. I’m indoor, but the stockiness of the plant in your pic makes me think I won’t be vegging too too long. Really hoping I can get pheno with those lavender citrus notes you’re speaking about.

1 Like

This the first try outside, I’d say inside it did about 3x stretch and yeah plenty of branching after being topped.

That’s what I’ve been fearing :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. Thanks again for the specifics. Do you recall how long you flowered indoors?

1 Like

8-9 weeks. Definitely 8 from clone.

Also it’s a medium yield plant, but you’ll likely love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

After a busy couple of days drywall is almost there. Should be able to paint and get ducting installed soon. I’ve also got plywood cutouts for the windows ready to go. It’s going to be fun installing the fans and lights.

Just the idea that I won’t have carry water up a set of stairs all the time has me really motivated haha.

9 Likes