Eye Candy and Discussion For The Soul

I’m an empath, just found out what that is a few years ago and tring the embrace it rather than hide it. I’ve felt like some freak my whole life, and am very practical and logical, so I’ve struggled with that a little. I’ve always loved art, beauty, fashion, nature, and I’ve always had some weird ability to understand the needs of animals, plants, corals. I’ve been growing corals for nearly 4 decades, and have now gotten hooked on growing cannabis and creating my own genetics as a hobby, who knows, maybe something to do in retirement… Or sooner? :thinking:

Anyway, there have to be other empaths on here… So feel free to talk about your struggles, your gifts, or what recharges you here, or ask questions about empaths and being one.

But, mostly, I want this to be place to share photos and things that bring you joy. Think of this as a recharging and relaxing thread. Because that’s what I’m going to use it for! Please join in!

I’ll start, here’s what I’m smoking today and an art piece I’m working on being used as a tray… I might start making some trays :thinking: Creating things is another thing that recharges me. I have up a 6 figure job to make art, so life’s been interesting the last year or two. But I feel like I’m filling finding myself, even if my back account isn’t loving it so far.

Share some pics, talk about empathy/empaths, let’s get to know each other.

Cheers!

P.S. This is the first time I’ve ever shared this with a stranger, there are 4 people on the planet I’ve talked to about being an empath besides people that pick up on it :man_shrugging: Ya’ll should feel special.

26 Likes

Here’s one that brings me joy, smoking LSD-25 auto from Barney’s. A little too turpentine for me, but an otherwise nice smoke and high for the overactive mind

9 Likes

You are a hell of an amazing artist!!

I’m at a loos to even guess how you did that…

:clap:

Cheers
G

1 Like

Just talking with my friends!

7 Likes

Good strain. That was my first strain.
I bough in 2009 in a seedbank in UK(seedsman)
Exelent smoke

1 Like

Looks tasty :grin:

1 Like

I share a little of my happiness with you dear friends, I hope you are all well :+1:

6 Likes

I don’t know if I’m fully an empath, it has been suggested by others but I’ve never really looked into it too much. But at the very least I am “sensitive”, I’ve always been able to feel others emotions and what they’re experiencing and at times it gets overwhelming. I’ve always been great with plants, but maybe that’s cause I started working in the garden at 4 y/o if not earlier. I’ve always had all kinds of pets cause I love all animals, I won’t even kill an insect if I don’t have to. Even those fuckin caterpillars that try to eat my herb. Always been a lover of many different art forms, but always felt a bit lost cause I’ve dabbled in a lot of areas but feel like I’ve never fully found my medium. What recharges me is nature, good music, cooking and occasional much needed macro-doses of psychedelics which help keep my severe depression and anxiety in check

5 Likes

Lots of time and practice. I even milled the tree it came from myself. Thanks so much! I just recently gave up my career to do my own thing and make art and furniture… It’s scary as hell, but feel so right at the same time!

1 Like

I struggle with the turpentine note a bit, but I’m sure a lot of people love that!

1 Like

Yeah dude , the combination of terpenes , cbd and thc make our brain dope a lot.i Believe in the power of this strain.

Thanks for chiming in!

What I’ve learned is that there are all different types of empaths, and I’d say you’re definitely some of them from what you said and I can relate to most of what you said. I now have a lost of bugs that can be killed and I not feel guilty (flies mostl and mites), but it took some work :rofl:

Keep trying to create and see what brings you the most joy. Don’t let your inner voice that it’s not good enough deter you and just do what feels right! I didn’t even think I was a very creative person until I looked hard at stuff I had done throughout my life. Hell, I have two pieces in a museum exhibit right now after less than a year of creating, and I still feel like an imposter :crazy_face:

And always remember, being sensitive is a gift and a strength, even if it doesn’t always feel that way!

Cheers!

1 Like

Also, I’m about to try shrooms for the first time to see if it helps with my struggles with past trauma and depression issues. I’ve never any psychedelic, should this be interesting…

1 Like

Traveling and connecting with people is something I love! This is in Seoul on my way to Busan right before getting on the zombie train right as covid was spreading in China :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Trying psychedelics for the first time is interesting say the very least :joy: I’m a well traveled psychonaut and I have experienced things that most folks would deem impossible. The best advice I can give you especially going into it with unresolved trauma is don’t be afraid. Trust the universe, remember that no matter what happens the experience will end and everything will be okay. I say this cause with the misinformation beaten into society about these substances it is easy to think, “ I’ve gone too far this time and now I’m fucked up and stuck like this for life”. But that is absolutely untrue, you consumed a substance which will wear off and the experience will end. I’ve had amazingly beautiful experiences many many times, I mean absolute and total bliss, complete nirvana. And I’ve also had extremely difficult, earth shattering experiences. And honestly the most difficult ones tend to be the most beneficial in the long run. Integrating your experience and talking about it afterwards with a trusted, ideally experienced person is a must to get the most out of it imho. Personally I find L or mescaline the best for me but all plant teachers/medicines are certainly beneficial in my experience when used properly. Also, going into it make sure you check your intention and keep what you hope to accomplish in mind. It doesn’t mean that you will necessarily accomplish it, but it helps

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice!

I’ve been wrangling with if I should do it with a guide, or someone I know and trust… Because of being an empath and how strongly I feel things, psychedelics always scare me. Hell, it took me 15 years of trying weed on occasion for it to not feel overwhelming and like I’d lost control… Thanks again! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I get that. It wouldn’t be a bad idea just to have a sitter there. Someone you know, trust and can be fully open with. After a few difficult experiences I was apprehensive about doing em for a few years and whenever I did all of the fear and anxiety tended to cause more difficult experiences. Granted I was a kid at that time, probably 19 albeit pretty even keeled and mature. It wasn’t til after getting thru that rough period that I realized I often got the most out of my difficult experiences and finally came to the realization that I could handle anything if I went with the flow no matter what came at me. I recommend most people try them at some point in their life, definitely not everybody, but most. I feel the world would be a much different and better place if they did. If you ever want/need to talk to somebody about anything, seriously feel free to hit me up in private

1 Like

Thanks, much appreciated, I will do that. And ditto regarding the empath thing, I’ve gotten well aquatinted with the good and bad sides of it and took a really deep dive on understanding it.

Be good my friend :v:

1 Like

Great advice! I’m glad my first excursions with psychedelics were quiet affairs with a small group of trusted friends, all planning on this new experience together. Proper set and setting are crucial. Lots of people take drugs to get crazy and party. That’s cool and can be a blast, but you’ll get a LOT more benefit from the experience if you are respectful of the substance (they can turn your world temporarily upside down and be quite disorienting!) and open minded to what it can show you. Being in a comfortable place where you can control your environment is ideal. A sitter is a good idea for your first time. I also recommend knowing as much about the drug you’re taking in advance: Quantity to take, method of consumption, duration of effects, possible side effects, etc.

I started my journey with mushrooms and didn’t move on to LSD for a couple of years. I wanted to explore all it had to offer before trying something else. Psychedelics are fascinating and have absolutely changed me for the better. I might have taken acid 50ish times, but it has been a number of years now. I haven’t had a deep mushroom trip for a while either. I ate a single Penis Envy shroom a few months ago while at a show and it was a fun time. I’m overdue for an intentional trip at home… Best of luck with your trip!

3 Likes

I can scan a page of text like a photo in a weird way. The only thing I saw was penis envy when I opened this thread. I thought things had gone south :rofl:

Here are some pretty flowers I just snapped Barney’s Watermelon Szkitllez, or however you spell it…

3 Likes