F2(?):what to expect?

Hi,I recently reversed and pollinated a female auto plant.We are talking Purple lemonade automatic from Fastbuds.I believe It to be and F1.
It unfortunately has not shown purple phenotype but I reversed her sister and got the other successfully pollenated.
What to expect from a F2(probably) from parents both the same strain speaking about traits/genes?

Here the main thread with some pics

Edit- this being my First seedrun ever

14 Likes

FastBuds doesn’t even seem to list what it is exactly :thinking: much less if it’s an F1 or not… Most auto’s i’ve seen that list lineage are usually f3’s or f4’s at the minimum in order to get the auto trait. Unless they’re just crossing two auto lines they already have to make this an F1. At that point F2’s are generally gonna be pretty wide but if the genetics are at all related on either parent side then it might keep it fairly uniform. So really, most likely no one will be able to tell you for sure up front. Just have to pop those beans to find out :wink:

14 Likes

Thank you So much for the input.Yes they do not specify the lineage
I Just Hope this Is not going to be shitty as my First cross

5 Likes

I don’t see how it would turn out bad. Plants look good. Should be as good as what you started with ^^

4 Likes

Usually F2 is where various inherited traits like color, tall/short, sativa leaning/indica leaning, early/fast finishing etc etc show. From a breeding perspective this is where the fun begins.

Summary

This text will be hidden

22 Likes

@Rippleseeds Looks funny to ride some of these beans then :grin::heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Thank you friend :heart:

3 Likes

It’s not a F2, so you can expect a bell curve range of the parents expressions.

Pz :v:t2:

5 Likes

So a lot of variety?
@LonelyOC

2 Likes

Going to inject my thoughts here…
I’m about to reverse and then pollinate another fem auto F4 from HSC. Two separate seeds, same pack. Other members here say that it’s then an F5. It’s not that I doubt them, but wouldn’t I have to grow out many of those “F5” seeds to ensure no major variations in order to call it that?

2 Likes

Your thoughts are welcome.
@blowdout2269
At least you known what F are your strain.I Basically am playing with randomness

1 Like

Hey there @Andrexl I like the thread and I think it’s looking great :+1:t2: and I have been trying to figure out growing Auto’s and I have been trying out some Mephisto strains and I have noticed through reading about the way they (Mephisto) take a strain to f3 or F4 before they even mass produce and I have seen them go to f7 and @HolyAngel I enjoyed your input and I’ll admit I don’t know anything about making seeds first hand but I have been wondering about whether to try with established F3s to f7s for my first auto fem attempt to make seeds first and then a cross and I love the fact you’re doing it and doing a good job! I hope you don’t mind if I stick around for your grow really hoping and sending you good vibes to find and lockdown that pheno your after Happy Growing The Doc… I am just on my 4th Auto grow and I really was frustrated with the first 2 but my most recent harvest a couple months ago was the best yet for yield and potency it was a freebie from Mephisto and I am starting to get the hang of them and definitely like the turnaround but just a couple pics of my (Double Grape x 3 Bears OG) x CDLC

can’t wait to see what are able to create!..got fastbuds Gorilla Glue and stardawg to tryout yet. What did you use to reverse the auto fem STS or something different?

5 Likes

@DrGonzo13 Sts.Thank you Brother,yes,Just Stick around the main thread and you Will see the Offsprings.
I have crossed It to a Double Grape also,so It Will be Purple lemonade x Doublegrape mephisto.
I am sure you Will be doing alright with autos and do not stop fighting for something you Wish to accomplish.
Try and try again.
Sending you good vibes and if you have any questions/request Just hit my private message
All the best Doc❤️
Btw your Buds look solid as rock,nice colors and pretty dank too

2 Likes

I am reading that pollenating decreases quality.But looking at this plant She has beautiful frosty trichomes and smells so much potent and pungent,just as or more than other non pollinated autos I have grown…Do you know something more about this?Does pollenating affect a lot THCA and other compounds at all?
@HolyAngel @LonelyOC @Rippleseeds @DrGonzo13

2 Likes

pollinating will lower the overall quality of the crop as the plant focuses on making seeds instead of pretty flowers, but all my stuff has still been frosty. Shake from seed shucking has been very smokeable and tasty too. Just not quite what it would’ve been if it was sensimilla.

4 Likes

The more seeds you plant have to make relative to its size, the worse smoke it is :sweat_smile:

Pz :v:t2:

2 Likes

I’ve been told and read the same thing with making seeds and I’ve seen it do both and not me but my Uncle who just “retired” from growing but I have had bud from a seeded girl and an unseeded girl and it was the same strain just dusted one of the 2 plants but the buds were actually better looking, smelling and more potent than his unseeded plant. Also have seen pics of and talked to an old friend who was good friends with my Dad ONLY used to take the buds he made seeds with and rolled up joints for his wife and friends but would tell my Dad that it’s not gonna be the best flower but I don’t know if any real info on it other than that but I’ve been wondering about that one too!?

1 Like

Thank you for your input Doc❤️

1 Like

Absolute fckin glory and magnificence mate.
You start with that kinda attitude it’ll influence the result.
And if it turns out shite, at least you’ll have had fun cultivating a joyful attitude.
Isn’t that why we are here? For fun! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

True Brother!:heart_eyes::heart:

2 Likes