Fabric/smart pots

If you water from bottom the roots will travel towards it

1 Like

I know, but also heard that MJ doesn’t like to have wet feet and you should water at least until some runoff cames out to avoid salts accumulation. I just use trays to avoid dumping the tent, no water left to lower my high humidity and attiring insects.

I am also in the flushing side, so couldn’t use this method. That tray for a 25 gallon pot must be a swimming pool to receive 4 gallons of water :upside_down_face:, I agree it must be easier and comfortable to water that way … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

No mj don’t like wet feet I found that out the hard way before I switched to Octopots the fabric bags were tricky I needed to figure out exactly how much water it took to let them dry out in 3 days to re water
One time I didn’t mix enough perlite in the soil and in compacted no air no root growth too wet all the time
That’s one way to ruin a grow

I’ve used them for 5 years before the switch and they worked just fine and produced great bud
Peace

4 Likes

Yeah the aeration is clutch on the bottom watering. I run about 1/3 aeration (perlite) in my pots. Some of them are more because of the biochar and lava. You cannot run soil that is like concrete. This is why I shy away from rock dust. If you put to much in you get concrete. This makes over watering easy. My organic pots are constantly moist.

2 Likes

this was my motive to move away from the felt pots in a small cabinet. In a large room probably not an issue.

3 Likes