Fat bastard and ISS outdoor grow by mrgreenthumb

Well it is about time I get my first time outdoor grow thread up and going… I wasn’t planning on doing an outdoor but @ColeLennon talked me into it

So here we go, I am growing 4 fem Fat Bastard, gifted to me by a very generous @Andrane . I have 1 fem ISS that was also very generously given to me by @BigMike55 , I sprouted 2 beans but only 1 made it above ground.

Had a little trouble with hardening off under the big metal halide in the sky. But she is coming around

Last up is ISS, took some persuading and care to get this little guy going, definitely the runt, but she is finally coming on strong

35 Likes

I am totally out of my comfort zone here, will be doing the best I can and learning as I go…

12 Likes

Nice. I love a good fem seed grow. Those are looking great. You are doing awesome. Keep growing. Tagged for following. Perfect timing by the way. :wink:

2 Likes

Some tunes to start the season off.

5 Likes

Thanks @ColeLennon, I am so happy to be growing again, been a long time. I hope to be going into 15gallon in a few weeks, maybe sooner

7 Likes

You know I hafta sit in here and watch you do your stuff. Grow on, my friend.

4 Likes

This is more your speed.

6 Likes

Thanks for stopping by @BigMike55 , I will try and get this ISS going gonna be up potting this week to 1 gallon. Your ISS looks so damn good, if I can get this looking half as good as yours I will be amazed

6 Likes

d8JBdDJ

Awesome, @Mrgreenthumb!

3 Likes

It has been a learning experience already, indoor grow i have total control of environment, but outdoors is crazy, crazy winds pick while I am at work and blows my ISS off my deck which is about a 15 foot drop.

6 Likes

I know the feeling. I did my first outdoor 2 years ago. Lots of curve balls.
“If it wasn’t for curve balls I would never learn anything” Stick those Solo cups in something round like a roll of masking tape. Or and inch or two down in another pot of dirt.

6 Likes

You so got this man. Going to be a great show. May your harvest be bountiful. I will be hanging out in the corner :v:

6 Likes

Out door is scary . Whole different ball game.

4 Likes

No doubt , but give it a shot this year, I am still a few months away before I can get my indoor setup going. So what the hell. Should be a heck of a ride

5 Likes

Good luck should be fun I’ll be hanging out in the corner too.

4 Likes

Yup, I’ll be lurking. :wink:

4 Likes

Welcome to the outdoor @Mrgreenthumb ! :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Will try to update as often as I can, been doing alot of reno’s on the house, next project will be upgrading main electrical service panel for the house. The power company comes mid next month to pull the meter.

But for right now I am glad the plants are in 1 gallons, I can still pull them inside as it is still kn the 40 's at night here and has been cloudy till the afternoon in the daytime, so I will keep them under the leds in the mornings.

9 Likes

Smart. Let them get the root ball going like crazy.

2 Likes

I got up early and put them out at 430 am and the sky was clear thought it was going to be a nice sunny day. I fell asleep and woke up at 630 and it was cloudy as hell .dammit

3 Likes