Favorite Blueberry strains?

Looking at the make up of 90’s Blues , it says Dj Short 98F4 Blueberry x F4 ca. 95 Blueberry.
I haven’t really followed DJ all these years but am very pleased to have an opportunity to run them now :wink:

5 Likes

This shit called “Blueberry Death” lol

2 Likes

Let me clear it up for you. F5 is the original blueberry line Dj has made with the same parents since 98. He selected for the 'relaxing, satisfaction effect vs couch lock or zippy. Some call it candied blueberry, but i refer to it as fresh blueberry or blueberry seltzer in aroma and flavor. It comes with consistent traits of purple stems, medium stretch, and early finish times on round top flowers.

The 90’s Blues uses a different male. The same male used in the Blue V2 line (Blueberry thai). It comes from Dj’s fl/fk seed pool created in 95 describing its florescent/floral features and fruity kush aroma and flavor. It brings more traits featuring the blueberry muffin aromas, green stems, with spear tip colas.

14 Likes

That sounds lovely! What else was that male used on?

5 Likes

Oh cool that its the same male used in the Blue V2 release! I also got a freebie of the blueberry mom crossed with OTM male. How does the OTM male compare to the 90s blues one?

4 Likes

Oh man how could I forget shiskaberry…big time stinker too. Great indica blueberry hybrid. Blueberry does amazing in hybrids.

2 Likes

Nothing else as far as I remember.

4 Likes

I did use the nl choc thai and juicy fruit thai mothers in a cross with my blue star males I call Velvet Star.

24 Likes

Quite a bit different. I thought it would be a double dose of blueberry but the phenotypes weighed heavily towards the HOG parental lines. Medium tall pole like structure with those mexican nl spices. This is the oaxacan expression from Dj’s parents.

7 Likes

Interesting! Yeah I would have thought it’d be more berry dominant, should be interesting to explore for sure.

4 Likes

I’m a huge fan of Blueberry Yum Yum and Berry Noir. Berry Noir is not a blueberry strain, per-say, butthe flavor is there (Platinum OG x Blackberry x GSC)

2 Likes

Hey buddy, if space is a problem I’ve got a method that let’s me keep a perpetual grow going with seeds, clones (+ bubble cloner space) early vegging and potential mothers they’re all grown/maintained in a D90 clone tent with 4x t5s tubes.

Depending on the requirements half that space with a couple of 30w cfl would let you keep a 6/8 mums until you have tested the stock, kept on ice if you like lol.

I harvested the mums (x8) a couple of days ago @90 days 12-12

I’ve only just today potted up the daughter i cut 4-5 weeks into 12-12.

I’ve 2 weeks now before I can test it and the mother isn’t out of a 3" pot, if it’s good great I’ll let it grow If it’s not I’ve only nursed a clone

Taking clones in flower allows me the luxury of keeping mums with minimal space and effort, plus I’ve space for regular seeding/cloning.

Also it doesn’t need to take months, I’ve clones of the plants i harvested already rooted, the recovery/veg rate depends on a few factors, if I can help give me a shout.

11 Likes

Thank you, sincerely. I appreciate the pointers.

I haven’t figured out what I want to do yet. I have an entire room in my home I want to dedicate to mothers, clones, and veg in order to open up my current room for exclusively flowering plants. I am going to have to change up styles to make this work, and I am hesitant to do so for sentimental reasons. Change is inevitable, it’s my responsibility to make sure it’s for the better!

4 Likes

I recently grew and harvested a few blue stiltons from Hazeman. I had two that leaned towards the cheese and werent super impressive looks and smell wise, but the other two lean towards the blueberry and ive got one plant that is caked in frost and reeeeeeks like dank, sour blueberry.

11 Likes

I used to keep a perpetual veg room but space restraint and more recently the price of electricity, it’s went 100% in under a year, I’d like to have a full size tent but I can just manage with my D90.

@Tolerance_Break good luck with your seeds selection, anything with blueberry terps I’d be interested to hear about if you don’t mind.

Good luck!!!

2 Likes

Hey buddy, if you had circa 2k blueberry it would be great to hear what you think about those seeds?

If you don’t mind, when the time comes and you have a flavor profile would you tag me please?

I harvested a couple of blueberry a few days ago I’m hopeful but I don’t want to get my hopes up, original blueberry is hard act to follow.
It’s odd there was so much good stuff circa 2k and now strong bb terps appear to be rare ime.

Good luck with your seeds i hope you find something to shout about :wink:

3 Likes

I firmly believe we have polyhybridized the uniqueness out of most modern strains. The quest for “new” combined with THC % has left the average modern consumer woefully ignorant of truly exceptional product.

This is all my opinion mind you.

6 Likes

Fwiw i share your opinion, things have changed for sure, in 2+ years pheno hunting I’ve 2 plants worth a mention and whole load of hope drying.

5 Likes

I got some pineapple fields curing now. I royally fucked up my last grow, and the terps suffered, but they still impress everyone I’ve had try it. These are average stoners mind you, but it makes me both proud and optimistic. I even gave a few clones to a buddy of mine who’s got some expensive, powerful genetics in his tent despite being as new to growing as myself and I’m hoping he gets on the bandwagon in hunting for unique terps over high thc %.

4 Likes

Not sure where this is from but smells like blueberry and was told it was blueberry. Smoke is good and I quite like it. :blush:

13 Likes