Favourite Food

My mother makes these salmon patties that are frankly quite disgusting but we’ve grown to enjoy them.

Conversely Mrs Foreigner makes schnitzel that is better than the “real” thing (that’s right @saxo)

5 Likes

Mexican food is my Achilles heels. I can’t eat it often as it will clear the house but if it’s my last meal an array of tacos will be what I eat.

6 Likes

Sandwiches.

QED. A burger is a sammich :smiley:

3 Likes

At one time I lived to eat wow I loved food not a glutton or anything like that. Just loved good quality food.

Now I eat to live
Food scares me :scream: it can reek havoc on my system ( I should say lack of a system shit happens )

I would go to 5 star restaurants or street vendors
The NY area is a Mecca for a foodie
Little Italy and Chinatown were two of my favorites, and don’t forget Katz’s delicatessen for any of the best deli food in the world.

5 Likes

Depends if I’d have to do the cooking or cleanup… and what happens to all the food afterwards. If I have to digest it normally and don’t get three stomachs, this isn’t gonna work. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d start with an appetizer of latkes and a main course of Peking Duck, with creme brulee for dessert… then move on to an appetizer of crab cakes with a main course of lobster, and lychee nut ice cream for dessert. Finally, for my third stomach, I’d top it all off with an appetizer of escargot, a main course of prime rib and Yorkshire pudding, and raspberry cheesecake for dessert. If I get four stomachs, though, I might actually need a minute to think about this…

6 Likes

I would say check out this thread, lol.

2 Likes

Roti , hands down! Nothing to me beats a good home made or made by the right person/place beef roti, but I enjoy all the variations. We make some weird stuff here too, tater tot casserole with bacon n cheese, taco pie etc. My wife is pretty awesome the stuff she comes up with, she can make anything taste great it’s unreal!

2 Likes

I would argue they are different but that’s ok.

1 Like

I just mean for options bud, thread always makes me hungry. Not the same topic, just about food :slight_smile:

1 Like

Other than that a killer rib eye or New York strip, medium with an Atlantic lobster and some melted butter and asparagus …. Oh man my stomach is rumbling! Followed by strawberry cheesecake for dessert.

4 Likes

Best nut: Brazil Nut

2 Likes

Schweinshaxe from Päffgen in Köln. I have dreams about it, floating in bier. LOL

11 Likes

That’s really my fave shock and awe dinner. I normally like subtler food but for pure pork passion puhleeze. :ok_hand:

Yes but what do you do with then other 1/16th of the pig?

1 Like

I almost died in Katz’s, of Katz’s. LOL I would explode in nyc.

2 Likes

WURST CASE Scenario.

5 Likes

I have Pondered what would be The One meal and have decided I Could Eat a proper Chicken Souvlaki Everyday.It has all the food groups Is a pretty solid healthy meal in one could be eaten breakfast lunch or dinner and can be made handheld for extreme portability.

6 Likes

Newest obsession: the Oklahoma Fried Onion Burger!

SUPER QUICK and easy, honestly.

Matter of fact, I’m kind of hooked on thin & partly crispy “smash-patty” burgers now instead of thick rare-ish burgers.

9 Likes

I didn’t have buns the first time I made them, so i did em patty-melt style, but it’s waaaaay better with a brioche bun :ok_hand:

9 Likes

Better this than White Castle. Shudders

5 Likes