FBSC - Hoa Bac Pure Vietnamese Silver Leaf

Back again with another preservation!

I’ve counted my chickens before they hatched before, so this time I wanted to wait before I announced it. I think it’s an appropriate time to start posting.

HOA BAC PURE VIETNAMESE SILVER LEAF

Sourced from Snowhigh… I believe the original genetics were made popular by Reeferman, and I have a story about that. First thing first, here’s Snowhighs description of the strain in his menu:

”A PURE VIETNAESE HEIRLOOM OR LANDRACE. IT DOES REMIND ME OF LOW LAND THAI OR CHOCOLATE THAI. I USED TWO MALES ONE WAS GREEN AND THE OTHER HAD RED STEMS AND WAS GREEN. THE FEMALES ARE GREEN, THEN MATURE TO A TEAL GREEN WITH SILVERY RESIN WITH PURPLE HIGHLIGHTS, THE LEAVES AROUND THE FLOWERS AND PLANT, CHANGE FROM GREEN, TEAL, PURPLE, RED, ORANGE AND YELLOW. IT’S A VERY PRETTY PLANT WHEN MATURE.”

If you were around back in the day &/or sxour the internet now (like I had to do) and wonder how Reeferman is associated with this line, I asked Snowhigh about that. His response was as follows:

”The HOA Bac I got from Reefermans ex partner who owns half the co up in Canada. I believe he’s Vietnamese as well. anyway I wasn’t going to release these…… I decided to offer them while I had some as I only made a small batch and I was just evaluating the line. So this will be the only time I’m offering it. I don’t typically offer anyone else’s work.You’ll like the HOA Bac too it’s very resinous and stinky and colorful.”

To read more information on when Reeferman was selling the line, and about his sourcing/ex-partner, I suggest checking the internet.

Moving on — I got 9/10 germination on these. The first date I jotted down for them was Jan 23, which is when I potted up the seedlings. It didn’t take long for the one to show that it had much better vigor than the others. The smallest has always been the runt, but believe it or not, it’s doing better now and arguably its’ leaves are growing larger in size since I added a new knf ferment (kelp, insect frass, alfalfa); give it time :sweat_smile:

As usual, these are meant for an Open pollination, which is why none of the runt-ish ones have been culled.

I don’t want to top any until/unless they start growing too tall for my limits. So instead, I’ve been bending them as much as I can — I only started doing this in the past week, so give it time for the side-branching to take off.

The Goal — is to veg them for as long & as big as I need to in order to take clones, to make sure the pollination is largely successful. (9) plants is much lower a plant-count than I would prefer… but beggers can’t be choosers!

With that being said, the biggest one may end up being a male. I can only hope that out of the rest of the lot, more non-intersex females prevail… because I’ll take as long as I need to to fill my tent(s) with pollen recipients :grimacing:

I’ll update periodically. I intend to run the males throughout the entire grow… but don’t quote me, in case I have to move them to the sinsemilla tent to make space.

Final Note — support Snowhigh if these sort of genetics interest you! Some of the lines he has in his fridge may blow your mind.

97 Likes

The freakers are on fire :fire: !
I’m gonna watch this one too.I haven’t had the opportunity to grow much landrace / heirloom stuff so I always like to watch other people run them. Good luck with the run and sending good vibes to the garden :+1:

:peace_symbol:

8 Likes

This will be exciting to watch, what kind of stretch will be expected?

12 Likes

Oh daaaaaamn this is gonna be cool. I was all jazzed to start reading the thread and then saw that it was only 25 minutes old so there aren’t hundreds of posts to read. Yet.

Godspeed!

10 Likes

Will definitely be poppining in and out of this thread!

6 Likes

I also am very interested to see your grow. I know the last one you did was awesome !

Sending good vibes :seedling::green_heart:

6 Likes

Holy buttery ballsacks!
When the site said “Overgrow The Planet” they didn’t mean you have to do it by yourself bruh! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
This is incredible, and I am just astonished.
Thanks brudda.
Edit: I almost forgot-
I bless this grow with the headiest of Heady Bear vibes!

13 Likes

hoa bạc = silver flower :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Hoa Boa, those are strong. takes a few more hits, but then they go ddeep.
they are a bit like they sound

8 Likes

Three back to back long flowering sativa seed runs!!! I think it’s official @lambchopedd you’re at legendary status. Can’t wait to watch this one, you’re going to knock it out of the park my friend

10 Likes

Very Cool!

5 Likes

Very exciting run, I’ll be in the back watching these grow. Good luck. :seedling:

7 Likes

That’s completely a mystery to me. I suppose I could ask Snow, or maybe try to find old grows online, but I’m not too worried. I’ll find out eventually :wink:

17 Likes

Yoooo, great to see you running these! The MDS you sent me are going to dance with the heirloom Mexican that Elchiscas sent Upstate and I :call_me_hand: I’m currently doing a Dalat increase with some friends as well as hitting Zang, VB from YoBigDaddy, Snows Oaxacan x Acapulco, VB from Kiona and more. I’ve been looking out for the Hoa Bac to complete the Vietnamese trinity so I’m definitely tuned in and best of luck with these for a successful lovefest :call_me_hand:

15 Likes

Another great preservation run, and there’s still seeds flying around from the last one… very nice! I’ll be in the corner, :eyes: and not being creepy. :wink:

9 Likes

Some incredible strains you do! Very exciting!
I’ll be watching in the back. I don’t say much, but I do read along.
:v::green_heart:

6 Likes

Will be a great adventure to join you on. Looking forward to seeing it.

7 Likes

Looking forward to another great run, I’ll be watching this one closely.

8 Likes

Awesome work keeping these type of genetic heirloom’s alive!

5 Likes

I am going to be following this one.

3 Likes