FDM Cinderella Mix, and a few friends too

That’s badass. Cali got all the good cannabis growing weather :pouting_cat:

2 Likes

Because I’m fairly lifted on some high quality homegrown right now, I wanted to expound on this and see how many people feel similarly. If I’m an outlier, that would be interesting to know also.

For the most part, my decision making process for what to grow next goes a little like this:

1. Think about what I want to grow next. Most often that will be what I’m running lowest on, be it a heavy indica for nighttime pain relief or a soaring sativa to go with my morning coffee.
  2. Pick some seeds or clones that satisfy the broad category from step 1.
  3. Grow them.
  4. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I really like that the plants that I’m growing now fit the sativa category with shorter flower times than my fourteen week Haze, but that’s just a bonus and not a big motivator for me. Similarly, if what I need is something that kills pain and hits you with the nap-hammer, I don’t care if it’s eight weeks or ten plus.

How do you decide? Is flower time a big factor for most people growing strictly for personal use?

8 Likes

I try to grow a few different strains. I’ll do a sativa, indica and a hybrid. I like choices. Flowering time doesn’t really matter to me. I have some long flowering sativas but while they finish I have my others drying and curing. then it’s like you said, Lather, rinse, repeat.

3 Likes

I can’t ever really be in a hurry being an outdoor grower and even a long flowering Sativa should make it here with no mold issues. When I want quick bud though, like now… as I’m running out of last years harvest, I go to the autos.

4 Likes

Oh man, I wish I could do long flowering sativas outdoors here! I’m jealous.

4 Likes

I’m going to be building a new flowering room soon and plan to leave extra space around the sides of what will be my ‘main plants’. This room will always be on 12/12, so when it’s up and running I can work with my main strains but line the sides with smaller plants in 1 gall coco pots.

At that point I don’t think I’ll care how long the side plants take because I’ll always be producing what I need anyways and can shuffle things in and out as necessary. I can chuck new things in just to sex them, or let them finish in there to determine flower time, yield, potency etc.

But in the past flowering time was definitely a deciding factor in choosing strains.

3 Likes

I like this idea. If I had the room and stuff I think I’d do something similar. Or at least some sort of perpetual.

2 Likes

Ya I’m excited to get it up and running. I’ll also have my existing scrog cabinet which is a bit smaller. I figure I can use it to veg plants under the screen then flip whenever they’re ready while the other one stays at a constant 12/12 for whatever I want to toss in there.

RIP power bill lol

2 Likes

Round Three - Day One Flower

I switched the tent over to 12/12 today, because all of the plants are way the hell too big now. Everything is fully revegged and growing like crazy, and I’m already quite sure I’m going to have problems with overcrowding and vertical space.

For the record, I have an FDM #3 clone, an FDM #4 clone, and an A11x(F13xA11) clone in there that were revegging from taking the cuttings during flower of the previous cycle.

Additionally, there are two of the Sebring’s Revenge (Patch Adams S1) plants from seed in there.

Basically, nothing but fast growing aggressive plants. Heh.

No pics, will have to wait until lights on.

Round Four - Day One Veg

The clones that I took most recently have solidly rooted, and are now spending their first day in the cabinet in the new flood and drain setup.

There are three of the FDM #3 clones, and three of the Apollo 11 x (F13 x Apollo 11) clones in there now. They will be joined by three Glue S1 clones when they have rooted.

I have decided to not continue with the FDM #4 plant, so the one I have in the main tent will be the last run. I like it a lot, but it’s not the equal of the #3 plant (which is phenomenal), so there is no reason to keep it around.

4 Likes

Wow, it’s been a while since I posted in here, huh?

I was refilling the reservoir for the grow cabinet today, and this branch just kind of fell out because the door was open and not there to support it and can no longer support itself, so I took advantage of an opportunity to take an early sample and snap some photos of it in a few different lighting situations just for kicks.

I’ve harvested all of the plants in the main tent, they are just about ready to jar up. The plants in the cabinet probably still have at least a week, maybe two, before they’re fully finished. Based on what I’m seeing so far, I have high hopes :wink:

FDM C99 Mix, Plant #3 clone, micro cab grow

9 Likes

Yeah, got a lot of seeds out of that plant (jar on the left)…

19 Likes

looks like you got a couple lifetimes of hunting there i say. some where in there is some jewels and gems

5 Likes

Love those sparkly ones. That plant #3 looks sweet. Love those fruity terps.

3 Likes

Just wanted to put this here just to say I get inspiration from all my OG brothers. If it a girl I’ll clone her hoping for the ESB x C99 if it a male I’ll use him on at least one thing i got going

10 Likes

no of course not…thanks for pointing that out. No one thought you did! haha

1 Like

Here are a few pics on my FDM C99 mix. First ever grow, organic, 30 Gal. Pots. Made some mistakes but hopefully will learn from them. I think I might of LST them too much. I live in a non legal state, tried to keep them short, which effected my yield, but still more than enough good smoke from them. They only got about 3feet tall and six feet wide, lol. I dont have any grow lights so I Vegged them under shop lights for 8-9 weeks, and forced flowered them outside. Strong smell of ripe pineapple, and the smoke is great. Also got the Durban Mix, and those girls put out some fat 1.5 foot colas. Try to post some pics of those girls later. Over all, it was a very rewarding and educational experience im looking forward to doing again in the spring.

6 Likes

Those are some nice looking plants, you’ve got me chomping at the bit for some space in the schedule to run some of the FDM mixes I have in the fridge

1 Like

Thanks, it was my first attempt at growing anything. Here are some pics of my FDM Durban Mix.

12 Likes