Feminized Seeds , Whats Your thoughts!?

You have a company so can justify it. I am just an addict.:grin: @GrowerGoneWild

2 Likes

addict with a company :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sometimes itā€™s just wanting to have the strain, even if youā€™re not gonna grow it immediately, but to have and to hold. So, yes, you can spend a lot of money on seeds, and so many new strains coming out and everything. Iā€™m jealous, like @GrowerGoneWild, and where he lives, going to the shop for clones, LOL; itā€™s gotta be the best! Cheers!

HppHrvst

2 Likes

Feminized seeds in hopes they donā€™t turn into hermies !!

1 Like

Just like @ryasco, i will take them for free, but regular for me only, itā€™s about the preservation of the genetic pool, for the hopes of mankind. My intention is to make seeds of as many strains as i can, and then give them out and share them. But that wonā€™t happen soon, probably by the end of the year, but anyway, I donā€™t like feminizedā€¦

3 Likes

Hi all,
Interesting read and thoughts, some of them make me feel even worse on letting a kg of 2000-2006 of regular outdoor breeding stock go to waste.
Anyone willing to share where one could get the best original durban/lesotho or highland sativas and indicas these days?

Iā€™m a professional breeder in vegetables but I can say from experience that we for sure conserve old OP stock while breeding F1ā€™s for income. I hope that cannabis seedhouses take the effort to do the sameā€¦

I think there should be a non profit seedbank for providing, saving and maintaining landraces and cultivars, like CGN/GRIN/IPK Gatersleben does for other crops. A royalty system could provide some of the funding needed.

Cheers!

2 Likes

www.seeds4free.com, go there you only pay shipping and i have ordered twice already and no problems, takes a long time to get to you, but it does. They only got 6 strains that they distribute!!!

2 Likes

I can say that if their buddhas sister is the real deal its a very nice variety, had that in Amsterdam many times and enjoyed it thoroughly.

2 Likes

I got me 5 seeds of each strain, ended up paying like $20 for everthing. A real bargain. Weā€™ll see, but iā€™m gonna start with the NYCD and the KC White am getting from you. Cheers!

1 Like

Good business model you got there, exploit it man! Sounds like a callingā€¦

@MadScientist

Any info you want about the breeder / strain can be found on their website.

http://kcbrains.com/shop/cannabis-seeds/regular-seeds/white-kc/

Looking forward to reading and seeing the pictures.

1 Like

I was actually trying to find the particular strain KC White, and it sounds really good, but they discontinued that years agoā€¦ Funny!

says in stock on their website

http://kcbrains.com/shop/cannabis-seeds/regular-seeds/white-kc/

They are located in Gorinchem, up north in Holland growers territory.

Yes 5 regular not feminized, donā€™t really like feminized seedsā€¦ Good price too!

Would I send you feminisedā€¦come on now,I know you want to breed.

Your pack contains regulars :wink:

The ancestors of this plant are a male K.C. 606 and a Real White Lady (which has top secret ancestors herself). This special indoor quality gives a very satisfactory harvest.

Inside flowering 6-11 weeks
height. 1 ā€“ 1.25 m, yield up to 125 gram

Outside flowering 8-10 weeks
height 1.25-2.25 m, yield up to 900 gram
Harvest September/October

1 Like

I never ever buy feminised seeds.

I have mixed opinions about feminised seeds. Either the breeder doesnt want you to be able to breed from his stock, or its for newbies that canā€™t sex there plants, or for people who dont have the space requirements to grow regular/standards and have to remove the males.

Things have changed over the decades with more and more forums popping up giving advice to people etc, so anyone can learn how to breed. The biggest problems I hear about fems is HERMIES.

Everyone has their own opinion and view point about feminised which is the topic thread title. When I get feminised seeds they are thrown in as freebies with my orders that I am paying for.

3 Likes

Exactly how i feel about fems myself, exactly the same!

1 Like

Im am still generally ok with fem seeds. One interesting fact that I learned lately from males and females is the Y chromosome. from the M & F testing Ive done with seedlings.

So its assumed that you cant really change genetics via stressing. Even regular seeds can hermie on you depending on line, sex plasticity is something determined by genetics. This is my hypothesis on this.

If the line has hermie tendencies its best not to go with that line, GG4 for example. But I didnt have problems with GG4 S1. Its best to draw your own conclusion from growing fem seed lines.

Breeding from S1 is very questionable. This is why I dont generally carry femmed elites. i think chemical methods change phenotype expression but dont change genetics. its theory anyways. but to be on the safe side go with something that is normal.

I bought some Gorilla Glue #4 x Ruderalis, should i encounter any of this?

I can say for sure, the point is to avoid problems by not using femmed seeds. The proof is to actually grow the seeds and see if they are stable.

1 Like