Fertilizer Comparisons, Retail Mixes and Program Insights

Hi all, I wanted to contribute something to this wonderful forum! I’ve been tinkering with excel and comparing fertilizer brands. Please check this out and if you want to see any specific comparisons let me know!!

33 Likes

Very cool my friend and much appreciated love this kind of stuff. I’d be curious where cultured solutions rates on this scale? (Current cultures nutrient line)

2 Likes

Current Culture nutrient line using their posted feed schedule. https://cch2o.com/

Week 4 Veg:

and

The caveat being that I’m targeting a pure elemental 600 PPM, and I’m guessing their products contribute some additional TDS outside of the reported ingredients. So if anything what is shown is “heavy”. If I had the N target I could dial it in.

9 Likes

Cool, can you do Masterblend? Thanks!

1 Like

Also, Current Culture, Week 5 Flower:

and,

5 Likes

What do you want to see it compared to? I have these in stock and am adding as you guys suggest more products:

Jack’s Clone (15-6-17)
Jack’s Bloom (10-30-20)
Jack’s Hydro (5-12-26)
Jack’s CalNit (15-0-0)
Jack’s Tap
Peat-Lite Special (20-10-20)
MegaCrop
Epsom Salt
AgSil 16H (0-0-32)
Allganic K (0-0-52)
Potassium Nitrate KNO3
Biomins Zinc (Zn) Glycine
Copper (Cu) Glycine
Biomins (Fe) Glycine
Urea Free 20-10-20
CalMag OAC
Sul-Po-Mag
CalMag + Fe Greenway
Athena Grow (0-12-24)
Athena Core (14-0-0)
Athena Bloom (0-12-24)
Solution Gypsum (97%)
MKP (0-52-34)
CS Coco Cal
CS Veg A
CS Veg B
CS Bloom A
CS Bloom B
CS Bud Booster Mid
Master Blend T&V (4-18-38)

11 Likes

Master Blend w/ CalNit and Epsom in their 12:12:6 per 5 gallon recipe:

and,

7 Likes

Thanks, interesting to see S so low, as it comes from Epsom just like in Jack’s.

Jacks has Mg in the Hydro Part A as well…6.3% vs 0.5% in MB

2 Likes

Sorry still getting the hang of the forum controls here. So, you have room to run with more Epsom as you can see, Ca:Mg is high-ish (though it seems like the big boys add a LOT of calcium, where remember if we’re using tap water we likely have a good dose of Ca there too), you could theoretically (broad brush here) add some Epsom and bring up both Mg and S, keep the others the same.

1 Like

Thanks man, now I can help hydro growers avoid the boof! At a glance I’d recommend “Master Blend” over all that popular trash I’ve heard of.

The big Supreme clothing weed brand runs Athena… All that sulfur. Shitty broscience weed!

20220324_111854

Oops I forgot this is a troll account. Stop worrying about nutrients. Except calmag.

2 Likes

Yeah, was thinking the same thing, could absolutely boost Epsom, some plants tend to show some Mg deficiency even in veg, and S wouldn’t hurt either. Need to keep Ca:Mg in check though, although there seems to be room for manouvering.

K is a point of interest too, I seem to get some def in that area as well once flowering starts in earnest and it’s easy to see other blends being quite a bit richer in elemental K.

Cool thread. Any idea how to figure out how much dry salts weight wise to mix to come up with a DIY of a certain nutrient line’s mix that is unavailable to me? Or do any calculators for that exist? I wanted to get a certain bag of dry nutrients that are unavailable in my country so my next step might be trying to mix a bunch of salts to come up with my own 25-50lb bag that is very similar.

The nutrients I’m trying to DIY are MORR flowering formula and the numbers are:
N-0
P-16
K-20
Mg-4.5

Says it’s made from MKP, potassium sulfate, magnesium sulfate and micros. Not sure if the mag sulfate is anhydrous but I don’t think I have access to that anyways.

Would be nice to figure out how many kg of each of those to weigh up and mix to make a fertilizer bag or if calculators exist for it somewhere.

1 Like

For every 1 gram of this recipe, you add 0.308g MKP, 0.50g Mag Sulfate, and 0.192g Potassium Sulfate. Check out mbferts. Micros, I’m thinking Jack’s / Peter’s brand M.O.S.T or equivalent? Master Blend might have a micro/trace formula too.

2 Likes

Can you upload the excel ? Would love to review and play around with it.

Excel need here :yum:

I would but it’s intertwined with journal sheets and project stuff but I could separate it into a new workbook soon. This workbook also sends serial commands to an arduino based fertigation system serving four 7-gallon pots. Auto purge line, res fill line, 98% evacuation of feed w/ calibrated runoff, res is dry between feeds.

I use the sheet also to to plan out the next feed and print a checklist:

5 Likes

I would love to see how jacks 3-2-1 compares to mega crops 2 part considering the megacrop 2 part is supposed to contain trace and aminos I haven’t seen mentioned with jacks

2 Likes

Check out lefthandseeds and ReikoX here on OG. Good luck with your topic. I’ll be around.

1 Like

Now I legit can’t tell if you’re pulling my leg.

@LD50 thanks for putting in the effort on these graphs. I don’t even grow hydro and I’m fascinated :nerd_face:.

Did you write that in VBS? Braver than I thought!

2 Likes

I’m showing Mega Crop at 130N and Jack’s 3-2-1 at 150N per their respective feed schedules. I kept the Mega Crop 1 part in there as well.

and,

3 Likes