Fertilizer Feud! Survey says!? --- deficiency or excess?

Magic Mirror, what do you see?

I was feeding with Nectar FTG, switched to Megacrop at last transplant, soil mix is peat/perlite+ewc+oyster. No idea of runoff pH/PPM, atm. These are reveg’ing for about a month now. Clockwise from top left: ConspracyKushXSourLifesaver(mine), DankSinatraF2(@nube), TheBlackXChampagne(@deep_rob), SourLifesaver(BOG), BlackWidowXSensiStarXBlueberry(@Ftlob), HerijuanaYetiGlacier(@I_thewindcries).

Wondering if epsom salt will improve what I’ve done here. :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

8 Likes

Epson salt is magnesium it’s important it won’t hurt to add some to your solution. The yellow is on older growth. Looks like she’s eating herself. Higher ec/ppm maybe?

3 Likes

Are those in the same containers they flowered in?

4 Likes

3 part problem I see… (4 if you count the reveg look on pic 2 meaning leaking light somewhere)

1. I see a Mag/sulfur def. that could be cleared up with 1tsp of Epsom salt per gallon of feed water…

2. They are hungry … But don’t increase the feed until you fix…

3. Your pH issue… It’s slight but it’s enough to be locking things out… All easy fixes as well

9 Likes

Hey @toastyjakes I initially thought the same thing as you. Those top 3 look root bound. Why I asked if they were in the same containers because that could be the cause too. What do you think?

5 Likes

Root bound is only an issue for unhealthy plants, I’ve grown from solos to coco and too many roots is never and issue, but the health of the roots may be…

If there is salt build ups or a pH problem causing lockouts, overall root health would be affected as well as the plant can’t grow properly… I know you are in soil so pH issues usually dont happen but if you have the ability, check and see what’s up with it

7 Likes

That’s good advice.
1/4 to 1/3 the root mass can be taken off and repotted in new mix.
edit
To clarify, root ball reduction is normally done at the same time the tops are cut down.
If root bound they are, your best bet now is to pot up, into bigger pots of course.

5 Likes

My cannabis bible says “If your plant is vegging and the leaves are turning yellow at the base and is moving slowly up the plant without upwards leaf curl then you need more nitrogen” “Magnesium problems start with old leaves first and show signs of yellowing between the veins of the leaf moving outwards and the leaves curl upwards”

I don’t see leaves curling upwards so I’m gonna say Nitrogen deficiency. Wait I saw a few curls… Epsoms first!

5 Likes

@Undead-Toker yes &“sorta” hehe. most but not all have been “double potted” and so the “crown” portion of roots may be very rootbound & drying out, hoping to become a stem, I guess. But the 5gal buckets are about 7 gal of fresh soilless mix for revegging. So there’s definitely a bit of both to make things complicated.
those funky tops may get “modified”…cut the plastic away & buried.

@toastyjakes yeah, i can’t deny the obvious 7+ pH signs & know that my ewc(vermicompost) clocks in at 9+ pH so it’s a challenge.

@Esrgood4u @Meesh at least we’re on the same page :smile: hehe

@spaceman I didn’t remove much roots at the 3rd transplant, they were older but not too bad. My objective is building root mass to transplant outdoors in about 6 weeks, to have BIG “starts”. But I hear ya. Anything that lives in a container needs that pruning sometimes unless you :sparkles: sparkle.

:smile:

9 Likes

toastyjakes is right on the money! :+1:

1 Like

:sweat_smile: Those 5 ladies minus the 1 dude :blush: can now be seen outside, over at my Forest Treehouse thread, but 3 middle plants & 2 nearest at right:

8 Likes

They were probably just “over” being in the soilless mix. I’ve had plants just stall out and tell me to fuck off and give them some real soil. They are looking great now!

3 Likes

2 Likes