Fills 1st. IndoorGrow or the Zen of flying&growing weed :-)

They do look a lot happier. Your actions seem to have corrected the problem. The damaged leaves won’t recover but that’s ok as long as new growth is healthy.

4 Likes

Glad i could try helping man. The fluid exchange is gonna be the big thing and wetting all the coco each time. . I knew soon as i read it was a fluid thing(well i thought. Im still wrong sometimes too )
But keep em drinking a lot. Once they come out the funk they were starting or if they get any lighter in color bump feed up. I would not go past week 2 directions at first. Theyre just now really being allowed to eat. Itll overload em.
I think and thought before, itll be all good. Just get ready for takeoff once they come out that little funk they were in.
Again just tag me if you have issues n ill try to help.

2 Likes

@Foreigner, @rooted,

I feel and see that it ll go better from now on…! Thank you so much for your help !

Just one thing I need to know… Should I feed a half tbsp of epsom and molasse every day ?

Or maybe twice a week or so ?

Clever me has made two dummy pots. No plants - just cocos and the amount of liquid I give the others… So I can go through with my hands and feel the humidity. And compare pots in weight.

It s easier for me to make sure it s humid but not soaking wet… :slight_smile:

thanks again - you re awesome !

:helmet_with_cross::om_symbol:

1 Like

You’re welcome.

It sounds like rooted and I have different methods and you’ll need to decide what’s best for you.

For me simplicity is king. I believe that if you’re using a good quality fert these additives are unnecessary. But that being said, many swear by them.

Not disagreeing with you @rooted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh im with you @Foreigner He already has em n they are just vitamin and microbes.
Not harmful unless he dumps whole bottle undiluted on the plant maybe. Thats why i said light dose a week wont hurt.
Hes already paid for em. Keeping a microbe population is always good imo

True
Nothing else should be needed if the base nutes are right.
But my experience says calmag needs to be added in flower by week 3 in coco or its all yella real early. Now his line does have added cal and mag. I wonder if it has the iron that must go with em. Hmmm These nute co know they fall short. Thats why they make the additives. For more $$$
you buy 2 or 3 part base that claims to be all you need and then you check feed chart for directions n say whats these other 15 parts i dont have.
Cause the base dont have em thats why.

They know whats needed and dont supply it all in the base. On purpose.
AN is queen of additives. With notg leading the pack as king in bs 100 parts to balance the nutrient line out

But in end it is exactly as you said.
Less is more with the nutes . Until that green starts fading.
Right now hes a little faded but freeing up whats there will probably straighten that.

Bumping fluids is gonna be the big thing here.
Epsom is just a way of adding mag and sulphur without cal it will bring his green back quicker. ( but should not be needed)

The mollasses feeds the microbes he has. And provides traces of vitamins.
Keeping and feeding those microbes is going to help him. They(microbes) do things we cant.
But in end i use as little nutrients and additives as i can get away with without losing vigor or color

3 Likes

These dont seem like books when i type em. My bad

2 Likes

I agree about the additive cash grab.

Supplementing a little calcium/magnesium sounds like a fine idea. But only a little.

1 Like

I have had some unpleasant surprises when I’ve gone back to check the contents of a fert or two.

1 Like

Ehm, rooted. I m really impressed of your knowledge but molasse does contain some cal. It s 806 mg on 20 grms. Like I posted before the picts…

Both of you are right about the additives. It s just to make money because the base nutes dont contain everything what might is needed…

Interesting, what @Tappy has to say about nutes. The Lucas formula etc…

https://overgrow.com/t/keeping-costs-down/25095?u=fill_watertank

2 Likes

@rooted, @George, @Foreigner & @ifish,

The last picts were from day 30 . After I gave them all some molasse and epsom salt.... They looked better....

Now - 4 days later - they look like this:

… cat s name is Shiva - she s very curious… and always hungry…

No. 2 - drooping leaf s ?

… hmmm… what do YOU think ?

Got the munchies - post the picts now.

Later I ll post a list with what they got in the mean time…

As always, thanks a lot for your time and sharing your wisdom. I wonder what you can read at the leafs…

Peace

:helmet_with_cross:
:om_symbol:

7 Likes

They look hungry now. The paleness though. Epsom is mag n brings green back in. Bump feed up is my first thought. To the next week on directions. You were running light anyways right?
Coco will work like hydro. They will want a continouse exchange. If the exchange doesnt have what they need youll see color fade. But make sure you are not letting the coco dry.

5 Likes

Second look hell yeah. Theyre just pissed n hungry. Pretty sure. No burn or patching no spots not fading from one side to other. Even fade. Bump feed.

3 Likes

Kill two birds:

Mix nutes at 1/2 strength and proper pH.

Flush liberally. I often squeeze my soil to remove excess water after doing this.

If they like it bump nutes.

4 Likes

Man rooted,

you are damn good !

The picts were taken before feeding. After 20 hours of no water and nutes…

To @ifish, @George, @Foreigner,

now as promised what I was feeding them and how much. Just a general remark. I think the cocos was too dry until now.
Fresh cocos feels a little humid - at least to me. I m talking about canna coco. Washed and puffered.
The dummy pots felt like fresh out of the bag. a little humid feeling…

Now the 2 dummy pots with cocos but no plants received the same amount of water like the plants.
They didn t feel much humid too…

On dec. 3th they got 200 ml each.
pH 6.0
ec 0.52
ppm 387

on dec. 4th. each of them got only 150 ml
pH 6.12
ec 0.79
ppm 412

on dec 5th. 150 ml each
pH 6.10
ec 0.89
ppm 447
later on I gave them 100 ml each of 1 tsp epsom salt & 1 tsp molasse

on dec. 6th. 150 ml each pH 6.2 ec 0.98 ppm 380

Today finally I got bold and gave each of them a total of 300 ml liquid.
200 ml food - 100 ml for the pots…

I wonder how things will look tomorrow…

Just chequed. 8 hours after feeding them… They _already look better…!

High times ahead :wink:

peace
:helmet_with_cross:
:om_symbol:_

5 Likes

… hmmmm ! I really dont know, Foreigner. I m no friend of flushing if unnecessary. I got a cold shiver on my back thinking I would squeeze the earth/cocos around my plants…

Maybe I just got you wrong… hmm… really don t know…

1 Like

i agree when it’s not necessary. It would just establish a baseline pH and nute level and you can adjust from there. Mostly by adding more nutes I imagine.

Maybe you’ve got excess mineral salts from insufficient runoff if you’ve been underwatering. Flushing might help.

2 Likes

I never ever had any runoff till now…

How do you flush ? In the bathtub ? Until you have runoff ? Or a special amount of water ?

Will wait till tomorrow to see how things look. Then maybe I will consider flushing all pots and keep them more humid from now on…

3 Likes

For a total flush I’ll run water through until the runoff is clear. For a less serious flush I’ll feed them the same amount as usual of plain water.

2 Likes

I think the prevailing wisdom is you should have 10% extra water coming out every time you water.

I have a few boot trays for catching water but for real flushing I take them to the shower.

1 Like

See foriegner is kinda right. Its not really a flush but it is. With the coco its going to want a steady flood drain routine. The floods must be phed every time (which you do ) and you got to find the level of feed shes wanting. If she burns yo know was too hot. But best approach was the way ppl lead you. Low concentration. Easier to bump feed than fix fried leaves. Now theyre telling you to turn it up a notch. Ease your way up in feed and do more frequent waterings/feeds as they ask for em. Dont change rapid. Go to next step up on reccomeded feed dosage and ride that for a week or so n see how the response is.

3 Likes