Fills 1st. IndoorGrow or the Zen of flying&growing weed :-)

I usually flush with pHed water and low nutes, as is the one that comes out of my dehumudificator. Also as suggested when I arouse water I stop only after there’s a significant runoff to avoid accumulation of salts.

I read someone using coco that always flushed regularly in between some feeds, seems a healthy practice.

Regarding feed I attach a chart that may help you finding the correct amount, glad to see them grow … :sunglasses:

EDIT: If there’s something already said it is because they type faster …

4 Likes

I got that… I wonder how much ml “the same amount as usual of plain water” might be for you ?

Until now I gave them between 100 and 200 ml. Usually 150 ml per plant and day. This seems by far not enough…!

Probably I can give them 500 ml or even more before I have some runout.
Do you want me to feed this much every day ? Or every second day ?
Frankly I m quite clueless :frowning:

1 Like

Thank you, George !

this goes straight in my “good hints” container. I m collecting postings like this.

have a calm, nice and stoned sunday :sunglasses:

high times ahead !

:helmet_with_cross:
:levitate:

:om_symbol:

3 Likes

Doing the same :sweat_smile:, all of this is borrowed info from the real experts, we shall thank them for sharing it with us, enjoy your Sunday too … :sunglasses:

1 Like

The usual amount of water is enough to have a bit of runoff. In a 1 gallon pot that’s generally around 1L.

I water until runoff then let the plant get almost completely dry before watering again. That’s usually every 2-4 days with a full sized plant and longer for smaller new plants.

2 Likes

@beacher, @rooted, @George, @AUM, @Foreigner, @ifish

Dear friends,

hope you re all well and relaxed… Many thanks for the information about flushing. I might need it one day…

Until 3 days back I gave them not enough liquid - only 100 to 150 ml. The day before yesterday they all got 300 ml water with nutes.
Yesterday they all got 250 ml with nutes and later on 150 ml epsom salt/molasse.
Today I gave them 300 ml liquid with nutes each.
The cocos is still nicely humid and the plants are looking not too bad…

But please look for yourself and tell me what they are telling you…

Picts were taken before feeding and in daylight. Hope the green comes through quite naturally…

Grow 1 - Day 36

Thank you for your time and for sharing your experiences and wisdom :pray:

Peace

5 Likes

They look pretty damn happy to me, nice work!

2 Likes

Are you soaking the coco? I mean soak. Like put half a gallon through each one every feed. Probably twice a day. Make sure you have good drainage(holes in pot)

You basically want to rinse it completely with a new solution(feed) every time. It looks like the coco is sucking the life out the plants. Meaning its dry n stealing your cal and mag straight off the spoon. But youre good dont worry. What exact feed are you at now ml/l each part? And do you have calmag?

5 Likes

Yup pulling from bottom up too. Remove the damaged lower leaves they will not repair just waste energy at this point. N give bugs a target.
Yeah youre being deprived the cal n mag. The line is supposed to be bumped in both. Leads me to say bump feed but make sure coco stays rinsed. Adding calmag to youre current feed would probably do it too. But line is made for coco so bump it up a lil.

3 Likes

@rooted Many thamks for your input, I’m learning a lot with it.

@Fill_Watertank Seems like the plants react different having the same food. I know there are some Royal Queen, are there more strains? I’ve got the same problem while growing not all the same.

Try flushing enough distilled and pHed water and check the ppm and pH of the runoff to see if it substantially differs.

3 Likes

If you ask me like this, rooted, the straight answer is no, I dont. Half a gallon each ? I feed 8 plants a day with half a gallon… !

Is this a kind of emergency proceeding or is it normal to feed so much liquid day after day ?
I m afraid of over-watering them… Maybe I should get used to the fact that coco is much different from earth…!

Yesterday I gave them 300 ml each. 3 ml/ lt. A + B. ec = 1.360, ppm 688, pH was 6.57. Brought it down to 6.24.

Have no calMag yet but will order it straight away. Will have it in 2 days. Till then I could give them some epsom salt with molasse (1 tblsp of each) ? ?

when I have the calmag - how much do I apply ?

Thank you very much for your input, Rooted. It s much appreciated :slight_smile:

Edit: The pots have good drainage holes, but never tasted water so far…

More in a few hours… It s half past 3 am. and I better get some sleep…
Peace :peace:

3 Likes

I would go half a teaspoon per gallon with the Epsom salt, it increases the ppm. As for the CalMag, you will see the recommended dose in the product when you will get it … :sunglasses:

1 Like

upps… I used a teaspoon of epsom salt per liter…:fearful: did it a few days ago as well.
Why ? someone told me. 1 tblsp epsom salt and the same molasse…
The plants didn t mind so far…

Today I fed them all 500 ml, half a liter of liquid. 300 ml water with nutes - later 200 ml mix epsom salt/molasse.

Had some runoff for the first time… pH 6.15 - ec 1.092, ppm 546

Here some picts.
@rooted, @Foreigner,@ifish, @beacher, @AUM

GROW 1 - DAY 37

Preparing stone water. charging the stones with sun energy. Later I put them in the amount of water I will need tomorrow for feeding…

8 Likes

Usually i add lot of perelite to everything. So it drains n dries fast.
Yeah half gal a day between 8 plants in approx 2gal each of coco.
Yup. Lot more water. I would litterally give each one about half gallon. So you see it running out bottom. (slowly cause i assume coco is dry enough for it to bead off it)you want to saturate that coco.

Try phing clean water first. Cool but not cold
Push that at half gallon each pot. Seriously.
Then wait half hour or so n follow it with feed (also phed try around 6.0ph)
You can probably split 2gal of feed between the 8 but do not be shy. Water it tank. Put something underneath n make sure that coco gets soaked soaked one good time. Then keep the feed flow n dont let it dry.

8 Likes

This is good advice. @Fill_Watertank they are looking much happier. I think your goal should be to establish a baseline protocol:
1/2 strength fert
PH water to taste
Pinch Epsom
Let water rinse through every time.

This is what I do but often forget the Epsom.

Something like this will serve you well.

8 Likes

Was it with the water with nutes or just pHed distilled water? (or at least tap water) One of the advantages of coco is you can flush thoroughly and leave it “clean” to start from scratch and correct any excess, you should follow all the advice given above, there’s nothing much more to say … :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Yep it’s good practice to water until a bit of runoff, then wait until they’re almost completely dry to water again. I’d guess your plants would take about 2-3 days to dry out between full waterings.

You’re making me feel lazy with your charged water…nice amethyst!

4 Likes

it was water with nutes…

there was runoff from the smaller test pot. Just plain tap…
pH 6.37 - ec 0.53 - ppm 268…

I totally agree, George. There is not much more to say. I ll follow the advice given above :slight_smile:

On the calmag they say to use it one time 2 ml/lt. If necessary, repeat the next week.
They say to use osmose or distilled water… Read this on the website…

1 Like

I don’t know how many ppm has your tap water but that 268 in the runoff means your coco has already some salts lockup, perhaps you should “clean” them all with a long flush as suggested … :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi George,

the ppm of my tap is around 142. So it s very probable that you re right.

Will think about it and most probably will flush all of them…

Thank you all for your time and wisdom :slight_smile:

2 Likes