Finding happiness in Shishkaberry

I thought I’d dedicate a separate grow log to shishkaberry. My last few runs have been of cheesequake and Mrs. Happy asked for something different.

I have this mom outside

I took some cuts

I usually kill it in rockwool, but the local hydro shop recommended I try coco cubes, so I got most in these things, and a couple in rockwool for comparison.

The plan is to flower out the one outdoors and maybe keep a mom inside after this run if I like it.

Feeding will be with megacrop start to finish, with supplementation as necessary. Coco DTW.

Will try to be diligent so that I have a record.

Cuts taken today July 7 2019.

14 Likes

Looking good, she’s a classic strain! Coco rules for rooting, much better air to water ratio than rockwool imo

4 Likes

She’s a nice looking mom.

2 Likes

Yep, a real milf - mom I’d like to flip :wink:

7 Likes

Clones looking good; no roots yet…

3 Likes

Always wanted to try this girl I’ve heard so much about around a decade ago.

Clones look on their way to happiness.

1 Like

First sign of roots in two of the cuts, exactly 10 days after they were put in the cloner.

I believe the ones in rockwool are rooted just as well, but since cubes are larger it will take an extra few days to see them come up from the medium.

10 days to tiny roots is not bad, but not “significantly faster” than 12-14 days I get solid roots with rockwool normally. Besides i will be waiting 2 more days for them to be better established before transplanting. But they do look healthier than rockwool clones, so on that basis i may use this coco wizardry again.

Coco clone:

Rockwool clone:

Cheers,
HH

3 Likes

My coco clones are generally a bit faster than other mediums, but one thing I notice for sure is how they come out rooted looking perfectly healthy. In another day or so that thing will be bursting with roots.

3 Likes

@beacher, I hope so :slight_smile: veg tent sitting empty and that’s a no-no in my scheduling-obsessed mind lol

I think I’ll keep with coco for a bit for sure also since, well, I grow in coco so only makes sense

2 Likes