First Auto Grow nirvana seeds GSC, along with Ripper Seeds brain cake

Hey there OGers, I’m growing out a couple seeds I had been wanting to run from nirvana seeds and ripper seeds. I started this grow a week ago or so and the GSC is my first Auto run but the 2 brain cakes are photo period plants and I am hoping will be phenomenal flowers…here we go.

I’m using coast of Maine platinum growers mix alomd with down to earth 4.4.4. I also throw in some worm castings and for flower I have coast of Maine buds and blooms.
They are in 3 gallon fabric pots that are on top of collection trays for runoff and airflow.
My tent is a 2 x 4 rectangle with a Mars Hydro tsl 2000.

The plant to the left is a reveg for clones which I will be taking cuttings from soon.

6 Likes

Always been interested in coasts of maine but went with old foxfarm habits while getting back into growing. Have you used Foxfarm and how do you find it compares if you have?

1 Like

I haven’t actually used foxfarms, I did a lot of research and review of different store sold soils and it seems coast of maine had a better response from growers. I’ve grown 2 plants out with this soil and they have gone great. So I will most likely use them from here on out

1 Like

I know of someone who used foxfarm soil with their autos and it went really well so I guess its just preference

1 Like

The Cadillac of soil. (I am not sure what a modern saying for this would be)
:green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

You can use any soil with autos I used to use ocean forest use black gold and add nutes $50 for a bag of ocean forest is a disgrace lol and I’ve been growing autos steady for over 2 years

1 Like

Haha I see your point. Only reason I used COM is because that’s all I have atm. If this grow goes well enough I’ll pop the other 4 beans and have a tent full of autos

1 Like

I have been researching and would love to have that for my first grow. But will have to settle for the promix general as that is all I can afford here.

1 Like

I understand that, it certainly isnt cheap.

Seedlings are doing well it will be interesting to see how the auto grows compared to the 2 photos

2 Likes

WEEK 1:
Just light watering frequently with PH’d water. I’ll just do updates by the week from here out.

4 Likes

Girl scout cookie auto by Nirvana seeds

BRAIN CAKE by Ripper Seeds x 2

LsT for these 2 ladies and balance them out with nutes a little bit. Want to bush them out really nicely and running GSC autos in between

2 Likes

So I’m not sure if autos are just picky or what but I have given these plants the same water ph was between 6.3 and 6.8 always. I also top fed these plants but gave the auto fish bone meal buds and blooms (only difference) and its yellow as hell. Let’s see the difference here, the first pic is a brain cake photoperiod and the second is the autoflower GSC from nirvana.

Has anyone else noticed this or understands what the heck is up with that?

1 Like

Sometimes autos go like that ,there’s always one that goes yellow and starts eating itself, you could feed it more than the other plants to see how it goes

I chart everything on my phone,so I can read my notes on the grow.I alway try keep my ph6.5 that’s just me
My friend likes his at spot on 7

1 Like

Interesting, I kind or thought that might be the case. I have 4 more of these seeds so will be interesting to note any contrast in their health throughout the grow.